ONLY 4 DAYS AWAY!!

wdwgoer12

Hey all!
We will be heading to WDW on Friday 1/24 and staying 6n/7d. (We are so excited, it will be hard to get through the next few days of work!)
@ Pop century 7day tix (no hopper)

me and my husband are disney lovers, and try to get down there every chance we can. Though we have been many times, there are a few firsts we are going to experience this trip and could use a little advice

-First time going in January
-first time staying at a dis resort
-first time using the dining plan
-first time using mm+
-first time using extra magic hours

Anyone have suggestions or quick tip for a first time of all the things listed above?
thanks!

Mukta

I am an obsessive planner. This may not help you, but these are some of the things I do to help me out.

I make a calendar with EMH hours noted. I plan which park I am going to visit. Since you don't have hoppers, I would pick the park with evening EMH, because I love to be in the parks late at night.

Which dining plan are you using? I plan out ahead time where I will use my credits so that I don't have to keep track of them. I always double check the receipt they hand me to make sure the number of credits left is accurate.

Weather in FL is unpredictable. I would pack ponchos, light weight clothes (in case it is hot) and warmer clothes (in case it is cold).

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, I'll be out at Pop on Jan 27th starting my 2 week solo trip and I have to say you will have fun.

January is a great time to go. It may be busy here and there but, it really isn't too bad.
You will like Pop Century it's the closest value resort to Epcot & DHS and they have their own dedicated bus line. Just be advised that the Tour groups will be there so the food court could be a bit hectic at times..

Upvote 0

Betsyboo

January is great but do pack for both warm and cooler weather. Lines are low, crowds are low. It's great. You do have a big list of firsts! The Disney resorts are great, I've never had anything to complain about. The dining plan is good for us since we don't want to worry about what we are spending. Make sure to use all your credits! Take advantage any activities they may offer at your resort. I remember the Pop food court was great! The parks at night at wonderful. I agree with @Mukta explore the EMH offered in the evenings. I think the parks are much more enjoyable than the morning hours, plus everything seems more magical at night. Happy travels and enjoy your vacation.

Upvote 0

wdwgoer12

Original Poster
I am an obsessive planner. This may not help you, but these are some of the things I do to help me out.

I make a calendar with EMH hours noted. I plan which park I am going to visit. Since you don't have hoppers, I would pick the park with evening EMH, because I love to be in the parks late at night.

Which dining plan are you using? I plan out ahead time where I will use my credits so that I don't have to keep track of them. I always double check the receipt they hand me to make sure the number of credits left is accurate.

Weather in FL is unpredictable. I would pack ponchos, light weight clothes (in case it is hot) and warmer clothes (in case it is cold).

i too am an adiv planner, and i appreciate any tips or suggestions.
We are using the 2014 deluxe dining plan. We have made all of our table service reservations and after hours of perusing menus and reviews, we have written down all the snacks and quick service places that we may want to try. this will be the most time ive ever had in any of the parks in one trip, so we have even written down all the attractions and shows that we would normally skip due to time limitations.
as far as the weather goes, we are prepared for all scenarios. however, coming from up north where its 2* today, i think anything above 50 will feel glorious! =)

Upvote 0

wdwgoer12

Original Poster
Well, I'll be out at Pop on Jan 27th starting my 2 week solo trip and I have to say you will have fun.

January is a great time to go. It may be busy here and there but, it really isn't too bad.
You will like Pop Century it's the closest value resort to Epcot & DHS and they have their own dedicated bus line. Just be advised that the Tour groups will be there so the food court could be a bit hectic at times..

ive heard great things about pop and have watched many videos and read a lot of articles about it and i think we are going to have a great time. i am very excited to utilize extra magic hours as well. especially at night like @Mukta suggested. i have a list of must do attractions at night (ex thunder mountain, test track, jugle cruise) and of course we are taking advantage of FP+ and the convenience of the magic bands.

Upvote 0

Wildflower

Morning! We just got back...and like the posters above said, pack for cooler evenings! Also if you do go in the morning, the lines are decently short then so you might want to save your fastpass reservations for the afternoon when things pick up and the tour groups, etc are in full force. It IS lighter crowds as above, but can still get some hefty lines. Have a fantastic time!!

Upvote 0

Mukta

i too am an adiv planner, and i appreciate any tips or suggestions.
We are using the 2014 deluxe dining plan. We have made all of our table service reservations and after hours of perusing menus and reviews, we have written down all the snacks and quick service places that we may want to try. this will be the most time ive ever had in any of the parks in one trip, so we have even written down all the attractions and shows that we would normally skip due to time limitations.
as far as the weather goes, we are prepared for all scenarios. however, coming from up north where its 2* today, i think anything above 50 will feel glorious! =)
You sound like my kind of person! I love perusing menus and making list of where to eat.

I found that on deluxe, 3 meals was too much food. App, entree and dessert is a lot of food 3 times a day.

I found that a TS breakfast or early lunch and a signature dinner worked best.

Upvote 0

Minnie_girl

This is one of the top reasons to do the dining plan. Piece of mind is so valuable on a vacation!
75.gif

Agreed!

Upvote 0

amaley01

Have a great trip and heads up for all that the UDA National Dance Team Championships are Feb1 & 2, with teams arriving Friday Jan 31 and event held at WWSports and DHS

Upvote 0

smk

Jealous! Our weather here in Indy is SOOOOO miserable right now I would would give anything to get out of here! Minus temps, snow and more snow and more snow.....ugh. Lovely that you can escape cold weather and have fun in the warm sun! Have more fun than possible!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom