online wait times for cell phone

marksniles

Original Poster
Hey everyone. I'm visiting the world in 26 days and looking for a website that posts the wait times of the rides. I remember seeing one last year butnow I can't seem to find the link. People who are in the park would use their cells phone to post the wait times and then you could look them up on your phone. Any idea of the link? I know if anyone would know it would be you guys.

Have a magical day.
Mark

raven

I remember this coming up in a thread a few months ago but it was stated that they wish Disney would do it. I don't think it was actually implemented though. :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I remember this coming up in a thread a few months ago but it was stated that they wish Disney would do it. I don't think it was actually implemented though. :shrug:
I think it was discussed when they were testing the interactive maps on the Nintendo DS. I would expect some sort of iPhone app that will do this in the not so distant future.

Rob562

I think it was discussed when they were testing the interactive maps on the Nintendo DS. I would expect some sort of iPhone app that will do this in the not so distant future.

Well, Disney announced months ago the deal with Verizon for an application that would be some kind of interactive guide for the parks. (It replaced the Nintendo DS tests) I kinda presumed it would also include attraction wait times.
(It was also said that some content would be available to users of other phone companies, but that you'd need Verizon to get access to everything).

Verizon has been upgrading their coverage around property for months, so I'd assume that when they're done they'll roll out the application.

-Rob

MattyFresh

With the rumor of the Virgin Megastore turning into a Mac store, you would think Apple would have something in the works

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hey everyone. I'm visiting the world in 26 days and looking for a website that posts the wait times of the rides. I remember seeing one last year butnow I can't seem to find the link. People who are in the park would use their cells phone to post the wait times and then you could look them up on your phone. Any idea of the link? I know if anyone would know it would be you guys.

Have a magical day.
Mark

I tired for a year to get people to post live wait times at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63.
Posts were very sporadic and nowhere near frequent enough to be of any use. I think its really unfeasible to have a wait time site with data provided by guests, purely on the lack of data. Disney may or may not provide wait information on their new Verizon service, but at the moment there is no wait time feed provided by them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom