Online Check-In?

ExtinctJenn

We LOVE On-line check in. The biggest benefit is not having to wait in line and then stand at the counter while everything is pulled together for you etc. The biggest benefit for us personally is we typically arrive well in advance of the usual 3:00pm check-in time. If you check-in online you have a better chance of your room be ready if you arrive early because you tell them what time you'll be getting there. We've on many occasions heard CMs telling folks their room wasn't ready yet (in the regular check-in line) but a minute later were being handed our room keys and able to go unpack. :)

Upvote 0

AnnaDiehlio

How does the on-line check-in work, and also if your military can you use it, I'm sure you still have to go to CS to get your key so you would show proper ID then right?

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

How does the on-line check-in work, and also if your military can you use it, I'm sure you still have to go to CS to get your key so you would show proper ID then right?
I can't speak to the military aspect but if you've booked directly through Disney, when you login on the day you are 10-days out from the trip you can click a link to check-in online. It asks you some simple questions (i.e. when are you arriving) and then you're done. You just go to a special line for online check-in only when you arrive at your resort, pick up your folder and keys, and you're good to go!

Upvote 0

AnnaDiehlio

I can't speak to the military aspect but if you've booked directly through Disney, when you login on the day you are 10-days out from the trip you can click a link to check-in online. It asks you some simple questions (i.e. when are you arriving) and then you're done. You just go to a special line for online check-in only when you arrive at your resort, pick up your folder and keys, and you're good to go!

Thanks so much! We're only 5 weeks out getting super excited!!

Upvote 0

gccgrad1996

I just did our on-line check in yesterday!! Less then 10 days now !! I found that when we did this on our last trip things moved much more quickly when checking in. We always arrive in Orlando the day before we check in and say outside the park that night to save a little money. We then get over the our resort by 7am to get our passes and get to one of the parks. Thanks to the on-line check in being so quick, we were able to see our room (yes it was ready already :) ) and get to DHS before it opened.

Upvote 0

AnnaDiehlio

I just did our on-line check in yesterday!! Less then 10 days now !! I found that when we did this on our last trip things moved much more quickly when checking in. We always arrive in Orlando the day before we check in and say outside the park that night to save a little money. We then get over the our resort by 7am to get our passes and get to one of the parks. Thanks to the on-line check in being so quick, we were able to see our room (yes it was ready already:) ) and get to DHS before it opened

Same with us! We're driving from NC and getting there the night before we check in, staying at a hotel in Kissimmee, hoping to get to Disney between 7 and 8 the next morning so this will help!! Can't wait!!

Upvote 0

wendysue

I always ask for a room from a particular building or as close to it as possible, so online check-in isn't good for me. On the other hand, it still has never taken me longer than 5-10 minutes to check in.

Upvote 0

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
You can fax in your room requests to the resort ahead of time (although as you can read in the link, there is debate whether or not these are read):

http://allears.net/acc/cro1.htm

and then do the online check-in once it is available. We've done the online check-in the last two trips and it really sped things up. The only hiccup that we've ever had was this past trip they had trouble linking our room keys to my CC because of some bug in the online check-in.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

You can fax in your room requests to the resort ahead of time (although as you can read in the link, there is debate whether or not these are read):

http://allears.net/acc/cro1.htm

and then do the online check-in once it is available. We've done the online check-in the last two trips and it really sped things up. The only hiccup that we've ever had was this past trip they had trouble linking our room keys to my CC because of some bug in the online check-in.

The best way really is just to call the reservation line and put in the request. Or if you put it in at the time of booking (if you call) you can verify it before you come. You're MUCH more likely to get the request you want if you put it in ahead of time. Day of requests can sometimes be granted but it will take you a much longer time to check-in, especially if the resort is crowded or has a lot of groups in house.

And to answer the OPs question, OLCI is a wonderful thing for all the reasons listed above if the following is true:

1. You don't have any specific room requests to put in when you arrive at the hotel.
2. You don't have a zillion questions to answer.
3. You fill out the OLCI completely and don't have to change anything day of.
4. Everyone else in line observes #1-3.

If any of the above are true/happen then it will likely become just as long of a check-in process as the regular line. But I would recommend it in general to guests.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I know there are so many benefits to online checkin but i'm still old school. I like speaking to someone. I like getting my key handed to me. I like the process. So for me, I will wait in line to check in. :)

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

Some of you mentioned that your requests are not granted by online check-in. I'd like to clarify (I hope!). I used to be against OLCI myself, mostly because I was paranoid. However, this past 4th of July trip I decided to try it again and not only was it so nice to not have to wait in the regular line (and mind you, we go 3-5 times a year, so waiting becomes very tedious), but our request was granted. They have a section when you're doing the OLCI where you can make up to two requests. I requested either the 50s or 70s section of Pop Century. We got the 70s section and were literally 2 minutes away from the food court, and much better off than some preferred rooms :)

And this was the week of 4th of July, so needless to say I was very happy!

Upvote 0

madtea_party

Original Poster
Some of you mentioned that your requests are not granted by online check-in. I'd like to clarify (I hope!). I used to be against OLCI myself, mostly because I was paranoid. However, this past 4th of July trip I decided to try it again and not only was it so nice to not have to wait in the regular line (and mind you, we go 3-5 times a year, so waiting becomes very tedious), but our request was granted. They have a section when you're doing the OLCI where you can make up to two requests. I requested either the 50s or 70s section of Pop Century. We got the 70s section and were literally 2 minutes away from the food court, and much better off than some preferred rooms :)

And this was the week of 4th of July, so needless to say I was very happy!

That brings up another question of mine: i arrive at pop century on August 31...can I make a request for a specific section this week? Or should I wait until I use OLCI?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That brings up another question of mine: i arrive at pop century on August 31...can I make a request for a specific section this week? Or should I wait until I use OLCI?
Always, always, always have it put on your reservation before you do online check in. I do it for my clients when I first make their reservations. Call the reservation center and have them add your request to your reservation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom