Online Check-in Service

DisneyJunkie

Ok, I just finished doing the online check-in from the Disney site to prepare for our vacation (beginning on 9/26). What I'd like to know is whether or not this actually does anything as far as speed up the process of checking in once you get to your resort. Has anyone else done this and what was your experience when you got to your resort?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I hope this does not come off as preachy but I will stick my neck out as my only reason for doing this is to help people get their special requests.

Here goes.......

Make any special room requests when you book your rooms. If you are already booked call Disney and put on your special requests ASAP. On line check in or when you arrive is NOT the time to add special requests.

When you make these requests give the CM as many details as possible as to why you want a particular room. This will maximize the chance that you get what you want. For instance....If you want a room at the Boardwalk where you can see Illuminations then tell the CM exactly that. If not simply request a water view room you might have a view of Illuminations but you also might end up with a room that views the canal.

Upvote 0

bears163

i think when i made my reservations i put in a request at that time. i usually do. but i am not 100% sure i did. & yes i should have called to confirm i did...i know....just called & yes i did have some thing in for a room request

Upvote 0

Jaytrod

I've only used it once, and it didn't seem to be much quicker for me.. There was only 1 advanced check in counter open, and there was like 6 regular check in counters open. There was only one family in front of me for the advanced check in, but I think they were having problems so that may explain it. That time I probably would have been faster just doing normal check in, Ill get a better feel for it in a few days tho :)

Upvote 0
Thanks again for the advice everyone. I went ahead and did it. Today is ten days out for us so I just completed our on-line check-in. It was pretty painless and I got an immediated e-mail confirmation. It did have our request already listed as I pulled it up, so they definately had them in the reservation system. So, I'll let everyone know how it went when I get back!

WOW 10 days away. That just hit me! I can't believe it is here already. I better start some packing this weekend. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

eagles

when we had a grand gathering, we had 7 children between 1 set of parents, and we were told if the parents have to split up to be with children then they are "guarandeed" adjoining rooms. this is exactly what we got. we also had a 3rd room for more family members which they put right next door to one of our adjoining rooms. so all 3 of our rooms were in a row. like someone else said, if you have that 8 or more people, call and speak with the grand gathering cm's and they will help you out.

i did the online check in for our april trip. i was able online to make a request for a building and floor. but not a specific room. when i got my package, the room assigned was the opposite of what was requested.

Upvote 0

fosse76

We used online check in service for our vacation the last week of August. We had "2" reservations: 1 for the 1st night (in a studio at the BWV) and a 2nd for the remainder of our vacation (for a 1-bdr still at the BWV). I will say that it seemed to speed things up a bit, so that was good. Never before has our room been ready at check in (around noon), but who knows, that could have been a fluke.

I had just the opposite. In my 6 previous visits, I've always had my room ready at check-in (same time as you). This past week was the first time it wasn't ready until 3pm.

I'm not sure how I feel about the online check-in. For me so far, it hasn't saved any time. My first time using it the system crashed and took a half-hour to check me in. This time, the online check-in line was longer than the regular check-in. I guess it really is just the luck of the draw with this.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom