Online check-in by phone.......

mebucko

Good Afternoon!
We don't leave until October, so there is plenty of time before online check-in, BUT, our reservations still cannot be linked to My Disney Experience. Thanks to this site, I can bring them up on the "old" beautiful page, and I've decided to do the ADRs by phone this month. Has anyone who has had the no-link problem with MDE been able to do the early online check-in 60 days out on the "old" page (after paid in full)? Could the "online" be done "on-phone"?
The CMs are great, buy they said they did not know the answer, and hoped the link problem would be solved by then.
Thanks, and Cheers!
Bill

GoalieGirl16

I am having trouble as well. We are paying for 3 rooms as part of our wedding. That is in addition to the 2 rooms of ours (we are switching resorts and staying apart the night before the wedding). With the old system I had everyone's rooms listed and could see the arrival dates and amount owed. With the new system I can only see the rooms that are for myself and Mr Goalie.

I have also had problems with registering Annual Passes. My parents did a spur of the moment trip to Florida to see some spring training baseball and visit the World. Because they have the "new" annuals the computer system does not accept them and the Cast Members I have spoken with on the number provided don't know what to do.

Upvote 0

mebucko

Original Poster
Hope someone can offer some insight into this.:eek:
Thanks, DisneyPrincess5 and bethymouse!
Its great to know others are also concerned!
It is so nice to click on the old site, and see it all there! I do that frequently, just to make sure it hasn't disappeared, and see the way it should be!
As I said, I'll listen to Disney music on hold, and do the ADRs by phone on the 24th.
God Bless those Disney Dining CMs and their patience with us Guests!
AND, keep everything crossed that the online check-in will be working in July!
Cheers,
Bill

Upvote 0

mebucko

Original Poster
I am having trouble as well. We are paying for 3 rooms as part of our wedding. That is in addition to the 2 rooms of ours (we are switching resorts and staying apart the night before the wedding). With the old system I had everyone's rooms listed and could see the arrival dates and amount owed. With the new system I can only see the rooms that are for myself and Mr Goalie.
Add you, to my thanks, above, GoalieGirl16, (and Mr.G! to be)
Best Wishes to you both!
Bill

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

You can not do online checkin by phone. Even with the broken My Disney Experience sight you should be able to link your reservations -- do the "search for other reservations" and link them up...note: you might need to download a different browser (chrome or opera) and try again...Even though the site does not link up your annual passes, as long as you have your reservation confirmation number you should be able to retrieve your resort reservation....But the short answer is, no, you can not do online checkin by phone.

Upvote 0

JonUWStout

I haven't really had any problems with reservations and Myexperience...except that my brother made ADR for Crystal Palace and I cant link them into the myexperience. Other than that its worked great. I did the online check in about a month ago with no issues.

Upvote 0

mebucko

Original Poster
You can not do online checkin by phone. Even with the broken My Disney Experience sight you should be able to link your reservations -- do the "search for other reservations" and link them up...note: you might need to download a different browser (chrome or opera) and try again...Even though the site does not link up your annual passes, as long as you have your reservation confirmation number you should be able to retrieve your resort reservation....But the short answer is, no, you can not do online checkin by phone.
Thanks,RonAnnArbor.
I have done every search possible on the MDE site, and have been unable to link the reservations, including, "search other reservations".. CMs have also told me they have the same problem on their home computers.
On their internal sites, they can bring up my reservation, accurately, with my confirmation number, as I can through the back-door to the old page. I was told by their tech people, that the problem was with any reservations made before Dec. 12. 2012. I made ours in August 2012.
I am hoping that I can do the online, through the old page - time will tell.
Thanks for the info - much appreciated.
Cheers,
Bill

Upvote 0

mebucko

Original Poster
I haven't really had any problems with reservations and Myexperience...except that my brother made ADR for Crystal Palace and I cant link them into the myexperience. Other than that its worked great. I did the online check in about a month ago with no issues.
Thanks.
Were you able to link your reservations to the MDE site?
I cannot, so if that site does not recognize my reservation, can't see how I could do online checkin through the MDE site.
Thanks, again!
Bill

Upvote 0

ypcat

We made our reservations last month, and I had to manually link it to My Disney Experience. However, it would not let me do the online check in once we hit 60 days. I called technical support, and they had me so to the old online check in site (sorry, I do not remember the URL). I was then able to complete the check in.

Upvote 0

mebucko

Original Poster
We made our reservations last month, and I had to manually link it to My Disney Experience. However, it would not let me do the online check in once we hit 60 days. I called technical support, and they had me so to the old online check in site (sorry, I do not remember the URL). I was then able to complete the check in.
Hi ypcat,
Thanks so much for that info! I did find the old site through a thread on this site - had to put in we wanted to order maps! My stuff is all complete and accurate, so far. ADRs on the 24th, which I'll do by phone. Our 60 day date is in July. If for some reason I can't, I'll take your advice and go to the tech people!
Have a great time, and, again, thanks!
Bill

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom