Online Booking Up and Running.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone else checked to see if they were tapped for the first batch of users with access? It is definitely easier than calling in, holding, and talking to someone just to see what is out there.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I didn't even know it was up and running. I logged on, and I don't have the link to book online yet.

dvcmember.com says the goal is to have all members connected to online booking in 3 days. I'll try back. It will be fun to be able to check dates and resorts without having to play guessing games with reservations CMs. :)

Captain Chaos

Not all members are up and running just yet... I checked this morning and I am not hooked into the system yet... But no biggie... Eventually we all will be :)

dreamscometrue

Yes, we can book online now. I'm not sure how they are doing the roll out...we're in Canada and have been members since 2007 with AKL as a home resort. I don't know if it's by location, home resort, etc. Anyway, it's working. :)

littlered

I booked our April trip today using the new feature, it was very easy to use, I even had to borrow points from next year and it was simple.

I played around a little first before making final plan but the whole process was less than 15 minutes.

After reservation was made there was an option to add dining plan, I played around with that a little but did not add that option.

yay! 93 days till we arrive at the Wilderness Lodge!!!:sohappy:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I was one of the people it was apparently available for. I played around with it...it seemed really easy. They ask you to pick the resort and room type you want, along with the travel dates. Then they'll show you what's available, and also present you with alternative options at other resorts. It's much easier to play around with the dates than having to make a CM do it.

I'll take some screenshots later and post them for people.

Captain Chaos

I was one of the people it was apparently available for. I played around with it...it seemed really easy. They ask you to pick the resort and room type you want, along with the travel dates. Then they'll show you what's available, and also present you with alternative options at other resorts. It's much easier to play around with the dates than having to make a CM do it.

I'll take some screenshots later and post them for people.

I was wondering this... I can't tell you how many times I sat on the phone having the rep look up different hotels for me... Glad to hear the system is easy to use... I'll keep checking every day to see when I have this access...

MaxsDad

We booked today. It was pretty neat, easy to use, and informative.

For instance, the whole week wasn't available in the room type we requested at our resort, but the sysytem showed us that the final six nights were available. And yes it did show us other room options for the entire week too. We booked the 6 nights and are checking back later.

What I would like to know: When our 7 month window comes up, I would like to change resorts. Will the system know that this is what I want to do, as oppossed to making a second, new ressie. Because I don't want to give up the room I have until I know what I can get instead for sure. Get my drift? If anyone tries this, please let me know. I will do same if others are interested. It somes up in about two weeks.

Captain Chaos

Checked today and I now have the online reservations system as well.. Seems like they are rolling it out nicely... Played around with the system, didn't book, but seems fairly easy and direct... I will use this when I book my next trip...

dreamscometrue

Does anyone know whether it's possible to book just after midnight, as the new day begins, or does the booking day only begin when Member Services opens? I often call the minute member services opens at 9am, at our 11 month window, to get a concierge studio or value studio at AKL. I wonder if I can go online at 12:01 am and book, 9 hours before the phone lines open.

MaxsDad

Does anyone know whether it's possible to book just after midnight, as the new day begins, or does the booking day only begin when Member Services opens? I often call the minute member services opens at 9am, at our 11 month window, to get a concierge studio or value studio at AKL. I wonder if I can go online at 12:01 am and book, 9 hours before the phone lines open.

Good question, I am interested about this too. What we need to do is simple. Look at your stated booking window on line on a given day, then go back after midnight and see if it has changed.

dreamscometrue

Good question, I am interested about this too. What we need to do is simple. Look at your stated booking window on line on a given day, then go back after midnight and see if it has changed.

That's a good idea. I am booking January 30th for next December 30th, so I'll know then for sure. I may do what you suggested, but I'll have to stay up until 1am (just a bit past my usual bedtime) because the WDW timezone is an hour behind mine. :)

I'll post something when I find out about this.

dreamscometrue

I decided to e-mail Member Services and ask about the hours and 7/11 month booking windows. They replied in only a few hours with this...

"We appreciate your interest in the Member Online Booking System. The
Member Online Booking is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It
will not be available between 2-2:20am EST for routine maintenance. The
11 month and 7 month booking windows will open online at 8am EST."

Now, we know. :)

tjkraz

7/11 month bookings start at 8am eastern. Member Services still opens at 9am eastern.

If you try to book online before 8am for a check-in date that is 7/11 mos out, you will get a pop-up indicating the need to wail until 8am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom