Online Booking Up and Running.

dreamscometrue

I booked today too, but had a bit of an issue. My first choice showed all the nights available, but when I selected it and tried to move on, I kept getting an error message. I was told to try again in a few minutes. I kept trying and watched as days disappeared from my initial choice. I finally selected my 2nd choice and it worked great.

Overall, very good service, but I did e-mail Member Services to ask if they knew why I kept getting that error. I'm booking again next week, and am trying to figure out if there's something I can do so I don't get that error again.

I'll post again when I get a reply from Member Services re the error message.

dreamscometrue

Re the error message I was getting. Member Services replied that they are aware of it and are trying to rectify the situation.

I did book again yesterday and it worked perfectly! :)

MaxsDad

I had my 7 month window come up this morning, so I needed to change my ressie from one resort to another.

I had hoped I would be able to use the new on line booking just as i did during the 11 month window. In other words, that the system would be smart enough to realize i was wanting to change an existing ressie. Good news is what I wanted is available. So as I progressed, the system asked me if I wanted to borrow points (unnecessary since if the original was being cancelled), but the system never realized that this could possibly be a request to change an existing.

Since borrowing points is a permanent transaction, and it is not needed for me, this was bad. But if I "leave the page", I lose the room, so to speak.

So here is what I did: There is a link on the front page "Vacation Center". Under that there is a link to "Upcoming Vacations". If you drill down far enough through that path you can cancel your existing ressie. I did that then went back through On Line Booking, and luckily the room was still available. What I don't like about this process is there a a couple minutes where you are vulnerable and you could be left high and dry without either of your choices.

For instance, my original ressie was a value at AKV. I was wanting a Std View at BWV. When I cancelled AKV value studio, waitlisters could have (theoretically) immediately swooped up those days. Then by the time I get back to on line booking after cancelling, the std view studios at BWV could have been taken by other on line bookers.

Fortunately, this didn't happen today. The other method i have came up with is to have two browsers open. Use the first one to check availability and then hold the room, then go in with the other one to cancel the existing first. It seems the programming would not be that hard to just have a pop up question that asks something like "We see you have rooms booked on these dates. Is this a change or addition?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom