Online ADRs

Runtinkrun

This Friday is the big day for me! I FINALLY get to make my ADRs for my trip. Has anyone ever booked their dinner reservations online before? What information do you have to provide in order to do it? The earliest you can start reserving online on your designated day is 6am right?:shrug:

popsicletrees

I am not sure about the earliest time that you can make reservations. You will need your resort reservation number. It will also ask for your last name, date of arrival, and resort in order to retrieve your reservation. If you haven't signed up with the WDW website do that too. You can put your reservations in your cart, continue searching, and once you have made all of the reservations you want, check out.

Just a word of warning, I found the online system to be very hit and miss. When it worked, it was great. If the restaurant I wanted didn't have the exact time available it would give me available times around the time I input. However, there were plenty of times that I tried to log in and a strange error code appeared. I just had to keep trying to log in until I was successful.

Upvote 0

lovepooh

I know I couldnt sleep the night before. I was able to access my ressiess at about 2am CST. I guess it depends where your located I would give it a try:)

Upvote 0

papercut

Online isn't as exciting as having two or three people all start calling at 6:55 and keep hitting redial until they get through. I'd miss that if it was all online.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
October 27 will be my first time trying online ADR's. Given the amount of people that will be able to make ADR's that day, I'm envisioning a system crash!

Upvote 0

Ariel484

Before I made online ADRs about a month ago, I tried to familiarize myself with the site so that I wouldn't totally panic at 6AM the day of. This really helped a lot. You'll need your confirmation number, the last name the trip is booked under, your arrival date and your resort. I tried to sneak in about 5 minutes before 6 and wasn't able to do anything until 6 on the dot. And someone mentioned the system crashing...I did get that a couple of times right at 6 (PANIC MODE! :eek:) but eventually was able to get everything I wanted when the system recovered about 5 minutes later. Good luck! :wave:

Upvote 0

monkeysammich

I tested out the online ADR... I queue'd up everything for the '50s prime time cafe and took note of the times it gave me when I told it "12pm sunday Nov 1st"

I then called Disney Dining and asked for the same reservation and the CM gave me the exact same times as those listed online.

So I suppose it works fairly well. It was more pleasant to actually speak to someone while making the reservation, though... and didnt take any more or less time.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
October 27 will be my first time trying online ADR's. Given the amount of people that will be able to make ADR's that day, I'm envisioning a system crash!
Considering that the system routinely crashes as is I am predicting a mushroom cloud over the server farm.:lol:

Upvote 0

Runtinkrun

Original Poster
The only reason I'm doing online is because it allows me to start making my reservations an hour earlier than on the phone. I'm so worried I won't get my ressies! I know Jan isn't the craziest time of year, but you never know

Upvote 0

chama1

Online Dining

Just an FYI, when booking the Candlelight event at Epcot you have to do it via phone as they require you Credit Card No. to put it on hold.

Hope this helps:wave:

Upvote 0

Nikki M

I tried the online route for our trip in Nov this year. I much prefer the phone. It is much more exciting (especially when you listen to the Disney hold music) and faster over the phone. The online system crashed so often, I had to go back several times throughout the week to try for the ones we wanted.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom