ongoing "discussion" with DLP

it398

Original Poster
We have always been big disney fans and living fairly close (about 5hrs and across the english chanel) we often visit DLP. we have vistited 12 times already, along with 6 trips to WDW and 1 to DLC. we have stayed at all of the hotels execpt one, the Hotel New York.

We finally booked to stay there for 2 nights 2-4 April 2006. we just recieved a phonecall from DLP asking us if we would mind moving to the Disneyland for free as a conference is taking over the whole of the New York.

We explained that the ONLY reason for this trip is the hotel as there is no new ride or show there since last time we went (august 2004). the woman on the phone was a little surprised at our response and preseded to tell us that it was a FREE UPGRADE "it's a beautiful hotel" she said. "i know, we've stayed there, the New York is the only disney hotel which we have not stayed in. its the reason why we're coming" we said.

We cant change dates as we cant get our money back on the eurostar train. Do you think its likely that we'll be able to stay in the new york? has anyone had any simular experiances? They're going to phone us again tomorrow to "discuss it"

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If they are saying the hotel isnt really available for you to stay in, I wouldnt want to force them to do it. It will probably be totally overrun with the conference.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
You're probably paying a higher nightly rate for your room than the conventioneers, and the hotel is likely to already be overbooked. I'd take the upgrade, given what you could potentially get if you show up and they're out of rooms.

Kristofke

Do you really think they are going to set up breakfast for you two?

If you want to experience the New York hotel how it is supposed to be, I strongly suggest that you return another time and take the upgrade.

Disney doesn't move you for fun. There is a reasson, and that reason is not only that they need your room, but they also want to suspend the normal way of life in the hotel for the duration of the conference. So they can not garantue you a perfect stay, a perfect service.

And please don't blame them for that!

Nala_84

If I could change my visit for free and go to the Disneyland hotel--I wouldn't really bother a second ;)!

I mean, usually it's more expensive and you could go to the New York in 2007 or so, when the Toon Studios or Buzz Lightyear are open...

it398

Original Poster
we booked in october, but only because we wanted that specific hotel. we normally only book about 3-4 months in advance

scrooge

Don't miss the chance and jump to the Disneyland Hotel, the best one at the park. Once there, ask for fast pass tickets, and for a room from where you can see the park :). There is a beautiful swimming pool too, and you're just at the entrance of the park (i mean 10 meters of the ticketing).

it398

Original Poster
i totally agree with you it is the best hotel on property, however we just wanted to stay at all the hotels on property and the new York is the only one we have not yet stayed at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom