One Sentence: Platinum Edition - A 20th Anniversary Special

FigmentPigments

Prompt 5
Comment Dites-Vous, Walkthrough?

View attachment 563577

Disneyland Paris is hope to a shocking amount of walkthrough attractions! Just off the top of my head there's the Swiss Family Treehouse, Adventure Isle, Aladdin, Alice's Curious Labyrinth, The Dragon's Lair, The Nautilus and the new defunct Armageddon Experience at the resort! These attractions while minor are fun distractions that add that special touch of Disney magic. This prompt sees you all adding to the magic in a small yet meaningful way.

-Challenge-
Create a new walkthrough attraction for either Disneyland Park or Walt Disney Studios Park.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Wednesday, June 16th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!
The Tower of Terror Esplanade
3121d8f4d945211f81ca9682e5734aa4.jpg
Surrounding the Tower of Terror in the Walt Disney Studios Park, is the Tower of Terror Esplanade where guests can explore the hotel grounds like the the Bowling Green populated with statues that turn to follow guests, the Grand Terrace where previous hotel guests wander through walls (pepper's ghost effect), the natatorium with phantom sounds of splashing and appearing/disappearing footprints, and even some long abandoned staff tunnels (whispering enticing greetings to passerbys) that could lead to the star filled void known only the Twilight Zone.

Much like the newly refurbished ride, guests can choose one of three paths that mirror the three new stories featuring either the sentient building, the shaft creatures that whisper and cackle, or the fifth dimension, but each path always starts with a little girl singing "il pleut, il mouille, c’est la fête a la grenouille" then warning guests about walking this doomed path, a persistent blue fog that lingers about no matter where the guests go, the slowly dying record of big band music echoing faintly, and at the end of each path, before the guests escape, they will see the silhouette of a little girl dancing, and saying that guests may not be so lucky to escape the next time before humming the Twilight Zone theme music.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
GHOSTBUSTERS: BATTLE FOR NEW YORK
1623895124953.png

Walt Disney Studios and Columbia Pictures will bring based on 1984 film Ghostbusters as we will bust many ghosts in the streets of New York City, entering the Sedgewick Hotel as the guests will try to catch Slimer, as you'll try stop Walter for shut down Ghostbusters HQ to let all ghosts free in NYC, then finally going up the apartment building as we will fight Gozer before the world will ends , but watch out Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man! Opened in 2004 at Walt Disney Studios, Production Courtyard for Ghostbusters 20th anniversary.

Last edited:

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
MUPPET STUDIOS...OR REMODELING NOW.....GET LOST NOW! WE ARE IN THE CONSTRUCTION RIGHT NOW...
View attachment 564279
Looks like Muppet Studios will be remodeling at Walt Disney Studios Park, so Kermit the Frog will guide a tour for the guests for walkthrough into construction of new Muppet Studios, as we will visit Fozzie's one of bad joke shops, visit Miss Piggy's trailer,
as Great Gonzo's one of stunt act shows, as Crazy Harry destroyed half of the backlot thanks to his TNTs but we will get to dance to the music from the Electric Mayhem Band!
I love this!

tcool123

Original Poster
Reviews
View attachment 563578

Le château de la bête is a walkthrough in Disneyland Paris's Fantasyland showing off the castle of Prince Adam and Belle, not throgh tapestries but environmental storytelling, seeing it go from the home of a spoiled but lonely prince to a anguished and cursed monster, to a human and happy prince and princess.
This is an interesting take on the walkthrough experience, but I wish you went into detail about environmental storytelling? I imagine it's that the the objects change as you walkthrough? Topiaries cause that's a planet and thus enviroment? I'm not sure it kinda confused me 😅

The Ancient Crypt(l'ancienne Crypte)View attachment 563592
As a successor of Indiana Jones in Adventureland, join him to find out the mysteries of an ancient crypt near the temple, by walking through it! This serves as a more light-hearted adventure for people who are too scared or too small to ride IJA.
Although this wasn't made for DLP it still works, and actually helps out the Indiana Jones presence in the park as it's just currently a lackluster coaster at a dead end. I think this smaller attraction aids in adding the exploration and adventuring that Adventureland and Indiana Jones is known for while still fleshing out the area itself.

Toontown Studio Tour (Visite des Studios de Toontown)

lf

Walt Disney Studios Park offers a wacky way to come face to face with filmmaking with the Toontown Studio Tour, taking guests on a funhouse trip through a cartoony film studio with such sights as a revolving film reel tunnel, an editing bay with guest-triggered sound effects, and a musical set with distorted mirrors.​
A Toontown project? Not done by @DisneyFan32 ?

tumblr_mvg5c7qdEl1rp4zfho1_250.gifv

All joking aside I think this is cute funhouse with a lot of fun and interactive environments that is sure to please children and adults. However I think the sound effects may have worked better on the musical set and mirrors in the editing bays as sound and music go more in hand than mirrors, to me at least. With that said it's cute and fun, and the lack of proper IP actually helps it avoid from possible dating so good call there!

Journey Into the Jungle Book
View attachment 563599
Venture into the story of Mowgli, the man-cub raised in the jungle by a family of wolves, brought to life via a series of elaborate dioramas. Audio-animatronics and special effects bring the characters from the film to life, making for a more immersive experience than the nearby Aladdin walkthrough (not that it'll make that one any less fun, of course).
The fact Jungle Book has never had a proper attraction is absurd to me, but I'm glad to see you're giving the much needed representation to the film! I think what you described would do a good job in playing out the film while immersing guests into the story of the movie.

War of the Worlds
280px-War-of-the-worlds-tripod.jpg

Themed after WotW: Goliath (a steampunk retelling of the original book) & as part of a Discoveryland revitalization project following the new Star Wars land opening in the nearby Walt Disney Studios Park, War of the Worlds is a new walkthrough attraction where guests are rushed to safety during an alien invasion of a steampunk world; similar to a scaremaze, but all year round & without the jumpscares.​
I think this was really clever! You took into account the unique aesthetic of Discoveryland, and made sure that the source material matched the land which is something that currently is lost in the land. I adore this concept a lot, and would love to see this fleshed out as this sounds great! The wording at the end is a bit confusing if the scaremaze is without jump scares then I assume it is just actors interacting throughout the walkthrough? Like I said I loved this concept, and hope you explore it further with more detail in your own projects!

DOCTOR STRANGE’S
SANCTUM OF INSANITY
DOCTOR STRANGE ET LE SANCTUAIRE DE LA FOLIE

avengers-campus-doctor-strange-sanctum-1215211.jpeg

Enter a mind-bending world of mysticism and madness in Walt Disney Studios Park’s Avengers Campus, where Doctor Strange flings open the doors to the ancient Paris Sanctum and invites initiates beyond sling ring portals (an effect familiar from Enchanted Tales with Belle) into a magical multidimensional mansion of marvels!

Doctor Strange’s Sanctum of Insanity is Disney’s first version of the classic funhouse attraction, made possible thanks to France’s less restrictive accessibility requirements, where Imagineers reimagine timeless gags like the spinning kaleidoscope tunnel (Mirror Dimension) or two-way distortion mirrors (Rotunda of Gateways) or Pepper’s ghost (astral projection), while also offering modern interactive delights such as a living animatronic relics and motion sensor spell casting chambers.
Wow! This walkthrough matches up to the source material very well while relying heavily on practical effects yet it is still carrying the Doctor Strange magic. It will no doubt surprise guests with some amazing moments pulled straight from the comics and movies , and is honestly leagues better than what Disney has managed to do so far.

There is also the Legends of the Wild West walkthrough in Frontierland, and the two arcades on Main Street may count as well.

Visionaries: Flights of Discovery
Visionnaires : Vols de Découverte

Leonardo_Design_for_a_Flying_Machine%2C_c._1488.jpg
Part of the Cafe Hyperion is transformed into a Victorian gallery, containing murals depicting mankind's long path to reach the sky and touch the stars, through ancient legends and stories, the astonishing sketches and ideas of Leonardo da Vinci, the 19th century's age of innovation, and into the modern era of bi-planes, airplanes, and space shuttles.
Had no clue DLP had so many walkthroughs the list just keeps growing!

This concept while simple is still effective. It matches the large airship held in the hangar of the café with real life concepts as well as the stories that inspired the world of aviation. Good job!

The Sinister Cinema (Le Cinéma Sinistre)
a149ceb4acf66065d4cc7c89fcc0afae.jpg

This old movie theater at Walt Disney Studios, at first glance, seems to be to just that; an old movie theater. But step inside and you will find yourself face to face with some of the darkest creatures of cinematic history, ranging from the classic movie monsters of old, to more contemporary horror like Alien and The Omen, and even some of Disney's own sinister characters.​
I think this is a unique take for a Disney walkthrough, but it meshes well with WDSP and the nearby Tower of Terror. I think this is a good route to take utilizing the nearly acquired 20th Century IPs of Alien and The Omen along with Disney's back catalogue of scary figures. With the older target demographic at WDSP I think this can really work well!

Matterhorn: Danger des Alpes
View attachment 563702
Disneyland Paris will receive a new coaster based on Disneyland's Matterhorn beyond the Fantasyland railroad tracks past Toad Hall (the old train station will receive a location closer to IASW) along with a walkthrough through it's atmospheric haunted caverns. Discover what happened to the exploration party of famed climber Jaquez Bertez who went missing in this very mountain and expect a surprise appearance from a certain famous monster!
Clever way to add in a Disneyland classic while still meeting the criteria of the challenge! While you added Materhorn you very much kept the focus on the walkthrough giving it its own identity seperate from the ride. You also made sure to include a reason for the walkthrough to exist, and made it feel more than just a queue with the mystery of the mountaineer and of course the abominable snowman!

The Imagination Arcade
Sunset Boulevard, Walt Disney Studios Park

ECDiotHU0AA_Ly3.jpg

Situated behind the shops on the eastern side of Sunset Boulevard is the Imagination Arcade, one of the two covered arcades that run parallel to the Studio's new main thoroughfare available for guests to walk through and is themed to a busy animation studio hallway in the midst of production, which juxtaposes the grandeur of the Sunset Boulevard exteriors and puts the "studio" in the "studio theme park".

Taking after the Streamline Moderne stylings of Kem Weber, the German designer of the then-new Disney Burbank studio lot, the Imagination Arcade is divided into three parts that progress from the 1930s to the 1950s: the first is the Animators' Corridor (1930s), where guests passing by can hear several conversations between unknown animators working on Disney's newest animated features behind several closed faux doors; the second is the Sorceror's Court (1940s), a rotunda where the studio's screening room (currently in use by studio executives for a reel review) is located and where character maquettes from 1940's Fantasia, including one of Sorceror Mickey that routinely comes alive through elaborate projection mapping and lighting as Dukas' famous music plays behind the closed screening room doors, can be found, and; the third and last is the Imagineering Corridor (1950s), which is similar to the Animators' Corridor, but this time featuring voices from unknown Imagineering personnel working on Walt's next big project: Disneyland.​

Another simple take on the walkthrough, but extremely effective! The walkthrough is able to successfully convey the history of Disney while using limited approaches to providing story. The maquettes in particular are a standout for the experience adding the Disney magic to the walkthrough while still keeping in line with the historical aspects of the company.

LE STUDIO DE MODE DE CRUELLA DE VIL

View attachment 564068

Bienvenu à le studio de mode de Cruella de Vil, the most successful fashion designer in the world is hosting an open house to showcase her newest designs as well as a sneak peek behind the scenes. At Walt Disney Studios Park, taking over Stitch! Live, a brand new stylish walkthrough experience is coming, guests will be able to get a closer look at the outfits used by Cruella in the movie, as well as walk into the back and get a look at Cruella’s newest collection, from sketches to the prints and more; some lucky guests might be able to spot Wink during their tour, so they better keep your wallets safe, who knows what that cute little dog might be up to!​
A great way to capitalize on the recent runaway hit that has been doing well in theaters and on Disney+! A great way to highlight the best aspect of the film while leaving room for fresh costumes and additions for the sequel currently in the works. The Wink easter egg is a cute one, and is sure to give guests an extra thing to search around for.

Retour en Orbite de la Station Spatiale X-1

View attachment 564227

The original Space Station X-1 is an oft forgotten classic Tomorrowland attraction where guests could walk through a simulated space station and take in “views of Earth” by way of a highly detailed diorama. In the spirit of this idea, a brand new version of this experience drops into Disneyland Paris’s Discoveryland, making use of cutting edge projection technology and utilizing authentic Ultra HD video from the International Space Station to create a breathtaking new attraction that allows guests to feel the wonder of viewing Earth from a high altitude orbit without ever leaving the ground.​
I definitely think this original Disneyland attraction would be a fun walkthrough to bring back to the parks. However given Discoveryland's unique steampunk aesthetic the ISS themeing may actually lead to some thematic incosistencies.
The Tower of Terror Esplanade
View attachment 564282
Surrounding the Tower of Terror in the Walt Disney Studios Park, is the Tower of Terror Esplanade where guests can explore the hotel grounds like the the Bowling Green populated with statues that turn to follow guests, the Grand Terrace where previous hotel guests wander through walls (pepper's ghost effect), the natatorium with phantom sounds of splashing and appearing/disappearing footprints, and even some long abandoned staff tunnels (whispering enticing greetings to passerbys) that could lead to the star filled void known only the Twilight Zone.

Much like the newly refurbished ride, guests can choose one of three paths that mirror the three new stories featuring either the sentient building, the shaft creatures that whisper and cackle, or the fifth dimension, but each path always starts with a little girl singing "il pleut, il mouille, c’est la fête a la grenouille" then warning guests about walking this doomed path, a persistent blue fog that lingers about no matter where the guests go, the slowly dying record of big band music echoing faintly, and at the end of each path, before the guests escape, they will see the silhouette of a little girl dancing, and saying that guests may not be so lucky to escape the next time before humming the Twilight Zone theme music.
This is a great expansion of of the world of Tower of Terror over at Disneyland Paris, and utilizes the concepts of the current Tower of Terror beautifully! I feel like this is just as creepy and eerie as the current ride, and does well to capture the spirit of the E-Ticket. I was worried this would feel too much like an interactive queue however that worry was soon stopped with the second sentence with the branching paths allowing for repeatability for guests.

@DisneyFan32 Reviews

MAROON CARTOON STUDIOS TOUR (VISITE DES STUDIOS DE BANDE DESSINÉE MARRON):
View attachment 563602
At Walt Disney Studios's Toon Studio, you can visit Maroon Cartoon Studios where Toons are working with human workers as Roger Rabbit, Jessica Rabbit and Baby Herman will take you walkthrough a tour around the studio lot where they filming many cartoon shorts as but the weasels could be planning to demolishing studios into the shopping center so you have to stop the Toon Patrol before they will destroy Maroon Studios. As you know, Maroon Studios uses ACME gag products for the shorts from ACME Warehouse.
ACME WAREHOUSE (ENTREPT ACME)
View attachment 563603

Located at Walt Disney Studios (Toon Studio) you can walkthrough of ACME Warehouse as Marvin Acme owns it back in 1930s until he got killed by Judge Doom in 1947. ACME gag products was used for various cartoon shorts from studios such as Warner Bros, Disney, MGM, and Maroon Cartoons. You can interactive ACME gag products such as TNTs, bombs, portable holes, dropping safes, falling pianos, boxing gloves, giant mouse trap, giant magnets, and many more! But you can walkthrough destroyed half bricks into Toontown with attractions like Toontown Transit and Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin.

I feel like both of these are very similar and could have been combined to deal with the redundancy of what feels like very similar experiences. I think you should combine the experiences for one stronger whole experience instead of two experiences missing some details. Given Maroon Cartoon Studios Tour was the first of your projects sumbitted that also met the requirements of the prompt this is the one that will be used for ranking to keep it fair to all other players. Also again a reminder that you can only use up to two sentences for projects in the One Sentence Competition just reminding you as the second project goes over the maximum.

NOSTROMO: ALIEN ENCOUNTER (NOSTROMO : RENCONTRE D'ALIEN)
View attachment 563631
Walt Disney Studios Park (Production Courtyard) will make very scary walkthrough based on 20th Century Studios's Alien franchise,
called Nostromo: Alien Encounter. Inside the Nostromo, you will escape from evil Xenomorph who hunt down to kill all crew on the spaceship, but watch out for Facehuggers, they will bring eggs into your body, but don't worry Marine soldiers will help you escape from Xenomorph. But you will blaster guns to kill aliens as facehuggers too but in space no one can hear you scream!
I think Alien is perfect for a walkthrough experience with the Nostromo being an amazing setting for it. With that said I feel like you should step back and read your projects before submitting as I feel like there's words missing as the sentences don't really flow between each other. Rereading the sentences could aid in catching issues that make this project feel jumbled and rushed together. Also again a reminder that you can only use up to two sentences for projects in the One Sentence Competition just reminding you as this project goes over the maximum.
ESCAPE FROM PLEASURE ISLAND (ÉVASION DE L'ÎLE DES PLAISIRS)
View attachment 563665

This Halloween event at Disneyland Paris (Fantasyland), join Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket escape from Pleasure Island because
evil The Coachman turns all boys into donkeys. This walkthrough as we will visit 8 Ball bar as we find that Lampwick smokes his cigars and turn into a donkey as he smashes glasses and stuff. The Coachman will catch you and send you to the salt mines with other donkeys. We will see donkeys are being slaved by Coachman's henchmen as we will escape from the Coachman before we'll become donkeys.
I actually really love this idea! I think a seasonal concept like the one you pitched would have been a very unique take for the walkthroughs, and would have been the only one here! Overall a really strong concept, great job! Also again a reminder that you can only use up to two sentences for projects in the One Sentence Competition just reminding you as this project goes over the maximum.

WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (WILLY WONKA ET LA CHOCOLATERIE)
View attachment 563685

Walt Disney Studios Park and Warner Bros. will introducing new walkthrough attraction based from a movie, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971), Willy Wonka will take guests walkthrough into his chocolate factory as they encountering Oompa-Loompas,
riding the boat tour into the scary parts from the film, as the guests will sucked into the tubes of chocolate, as floating into the bubble room and more. At the end as Willy Wonka will pick only two guests to win a prize to go on Wonkavator to fly over Walt Disney Studios park.
I'm not really sure how all of these amazing effects would be done via a walkthrough, and it feels like at times this is not a walkthrough given that guests ride the boat ride from the film. I think this is an IP with potential, but further explanation for the special effects are needed to further this idea.

STAR WARS: ATTACK ON THE DEATH STAR (STAR WARS : ATTAQUE SUR L'ÉTOILE DE LA MORT)
View attachment 563759
New walkthrough addition to Discoveryland at Disneyland Paris, opened in 2011, join the Rebels to destroy Death Star, as you will transport into Death Star with Nien Nunb, the rebels (the guests) will avoiding by Stormtroopers as we escaping from Darth Vader for stoled Death Star's plans but don't worry Luke Skywalker and his rebels zoom their X-Wings along with Han Solo (in Millennium Falcon) to destroy Death Star as they will find the escape pod to escape before it blows up but watch out for Darth Vader at the end!
I'm not sure how this would work as a walkthrough? This sounds like something that may be hard to achieve in a way where it feels natural and immersive to guests. Are we on the Death Star or are we walking through space? It's hard to tell. Also why are we stealing the plans, in Episode IV Leia already has the plans in R2 D2. With that said Star Wars has potential for an amazing walkthrough experience so I think you should keep workshopping this idea into something that is able to immerse guests effectively.

TOONTOWN TOWER HOTEL:
View attachment 564271

New addition at Walt Disney Studios's Toon Studio, Toontown Tower Hotel based from Who Framed Roger Rabbit is hybrid drop tower / walkthrough, as Droopy Dog takes you way way up into the outer space until you'll falling down into the streets of Toontown.
As the walkthrough, as the guests will walk into the rooms with gags such as speeding train, Genie in his bathtub,
fake Jessica aka Lena Hyena almost speeds up to kiss you, the Toons are food fighting each other, and more.
I think as a walkthrough this will be very entertaining with the amount of gags for guests to see, and would definitely be something that is a guest's favorite. I think it's a good compliment to the Tootown Tower Hotel concept.

MUPPET STUDIOS...OR REMODELING NOW.....GET LOST NOW! WE ARE IN THE CONSTRUCTION RIGHT NOW...
View attachment 564279
Looks like Muppet Studios will be remodeling at Walt Disney Studios Park, so Kermit the Frog will guide a tour for the guests for walkthrough into construction of new Muppet Studios, as we will visit Fozzie's one of bad joke shops, visit Miss Piggy's trailer,
as Great Gonzo's one of stunt act shows, also Dr. Bunsen Honeydew using his inverting Beaker into a ice cream musical machine as Crazy Harry destroyed half of the backlot thanks to his TNTs but we will get to dance to the music from the Electric Mayhem Band!
I think a Muppets walkthrough is a great idea! The approach taken here is really good, and with further fleshing out this can be a great experience for guests filled with plenty of gags and silly momments that the Muppets are known for.
GHOSTBUSTERS: BATTLE FOR NEW YORK
View attachment 564284

Walt Disney Studios and Columbia Pictures will bring based on 1984 film Ghostbusters as we will bust many ghosts in the streets of New York City, entering the Sedgewick Hotel as the guests will try to catch Slimer, as you'll try stop Walter for shut down Ghostbusters HQ to let all ghosts free in NYC, then finally going up the apartment building as we will fight Gozer before the world will ends , but watch out Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man! Opened in 2004 at Walt Disney Studios, Production Courtyard for Ghostbusters 20th anniversary.
The Ghostbusters make a great walkthrough attraction, I should know I experienced it at Horror Nights in 2019! With that said I think this is a good retelling of the story, but like I have mentioned before I think some proofreading will do wonders for these projects. Some parts are a bit oddly worded which takes me out of the experience.

tcool123

Original Poster
One Sentence Competition has really brought out the creative sides from all of y'all, and I love to see it! I did my best to place each player while keeping everything fair.

Ps5WGu1.png

@b-wolf95
I think the mixing of the classic monsters, incorporation of 20th Century monsters, and dusting off some classic sinister Disney baddies was a great move! It fits in well with the film celebration theme that WDSP's new trajectory while still tying into the current experiences like the Tower of Terror.

L30Y5yp.png

@Arktic
Great job this challenge! The IP chosen was a great fit for Discoveryland as you made sure that whatever you adapted was steampunk just like the land. Furthermore the action in War of the Worlds, and its proven longevity in pop culture helps to make this concept stand out.

zihTg3C.png

@montydysquith-navarro
I love how you took a very simple approach with this project. At no point were there any animatronics, or anything complex. Instead this experience relies heavily on audio, themeing and of course the macquette! It's minimalism at its finest, and adds a dash of unexpected Disney magic that many of the Paris walkthroughs are known for doing!

DrRz15D.png

@D Hulk
Doctor Strange seems to have been a perfect fit for a walkthrough as your concept combined plenty of old school funhouse tricks while making them modern. This walkthrough seems to have been a perfect match of IP and medium as the world of Doctor Strange feels perfectly explored, and putting guests so close to the action would likely blow their minds away.

tcool123

Original Poster
Standings

1. @FigmentPigments - 7 Points
2. @montydysquith-navarro - 6 Points
3. @D Hulk - 6 Points
4. @Sharon&Susan - 5 Points
5. @DashHaber - 5 Points
6. @Tegan pilots a chicken - 5 Points
7. @Disney Warrior - 5 Points
8. @DisneyFan18 - 5 Points
9. @Brer Panther - 5 Points
10. @spacemt354 - 4 Points
11. @DisneyFan32 - 4 Points
12. @b-wolf95 - 4 Points
13. @Evilgidgit - 4 Points
14. @Garfield Fan - 3 Points
15. @Solaris Knight - 3 Points
16. @TwilightZone - 2 Points
17. @JokersWild - 2 Points
18. @Arktic - 2 Points​

tcool123

Original Poster
Prompt 6 REDUX
October 1982 : Season 2 Episode 3

1623911103309.png

In Season 2 during the third episode @spacemt354 was the host to the much beloved competition. That specific episode was a prequel to the competition A Twist in Time which saw players travel to Disney's past, and change history with their own projects and concepts. In this challenge we travel back to opening day EPCOT, and are in charge with crafting a whole new pavilion. As an added throwback we are utilizing the same rules from the original challenge allowing everyone to use up to five sentences for their projects!

-Challenge-
Create a new World Showcase nation to be a part of Epcot's existing opening day lineup. As an added twist e
ach submission has to be a different nation - so if someone submits Brazil, and you wanted Brazil, you have to choose a different nation. Don't fret for there are over 100 nations to choose from around the world.

-Rules-
You may use up to FIVE sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Saturday, June 19th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Prompt 6 REDUX
October 1982 : Season 2 Episode 3

View attachment 564310

In Season 2 during the third episode @spacemt354 was the host to the much beloved competition. That specific episode was a prequel to the competition A Twist in Time which saw players travel to Disney's past, and change history with their own projects and concepts. In this challenge we travel back to opening day EPCOT, and are in charge with crafting a whole new pavilion. As an added throwback we are utilizing the same rules from the original challenge allowing everyone to use up to five sentences for their projects!

-Challenge-
Create a new World Showcase nation to be a part of Epcot's existing opening day lineup. As an added twist e
ach submission has to be a different nation - so if someone submits Brazil, and you wanted Brazil, you have to choose a different nation. Don't fret for there are over 100 nations to choose from around the world.

-Rules-
You may use up to FIVE sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Saturday, June 19th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

Are we allowed to do pavilions that were shortlisted/planned for the original WS lineup (e.g.: Equatorial Africa, Spain, Russia) or no?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Standings

1. @FigmentPigments - 7 Points
2. @montydysquith-navarro - 6 Points
3. @D Hulk - 6 Points
4. @Sharon&Susan - 5 Points
5. @DashHaber - 5 Points
6. @Tegan pilots a chicken - 5 Points
7. @Disney Warrior - 5 Points
8. @DisneyFan18 - 5 Points
9. @Brer Panther - 5 Points
10. @spacemt354 - 4 Points
11. @DisneyFan32 - 4 Points
12. @b-wolf95 - 4 Points
13. @Evilgidgit - 4 Points
14. @Garfield Fan - 3 Points
15. @Solaris Knight - 3 Points
16. @TwilightZone - 2 Points
17. @JokersWild - 2 Points
18. @Arktic - 2 Points​
Shouldn’t @D Hulk be at like, 8 points??

Disney Warrior

Egypt Pavilion:
8E9891A6-64C0-48AB-8F75-050480E6DA53.jpeg
As part of the World Showcase area in WDW’s new second gate, Egypt exists in the plot of land between Japan and France (Morocco doesn’t exist here). In the back area of the pavilion is Journey Down the Nile, a boat dark ride themed to the country’s culture (El Rio del Tiempo also doesn’t exist here). Also come see a show titled “The Great Land of Egypt“, which is a 30 minute show on the history of this fascinating country, from King Tut’s era to modern-day (it’s located inside a replica of the Great Pyramids). Also, you can dine at Carter’s, which is a table-service restaurant located inside the Great Pyramid. You can also just get some Egyptian souvenirs at Cairo Curios to take home with you.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
ST. MAARTEN PAVILION:
1623929335069.png

World Showcase needs more paradise, I think St. Maarten will be perfect for new pavilion because the island
was so beautiful with nice tropical village, romantic beaches, a view of mountains. There will be two attractions such as Saint Martin of Tours (a indoor water ride based on Christopher Columbus as the guests on the seven voyages of the seas), a wind simulation called Airport Wind Up take places on Princess Juliana International Airport which you are about to blow away as a jet was about to take off to take a flight. You can also have eat at the cafe at the beach area as paradise drinks and foods such as wine, fruits and juices. This will be sponsored by Air France.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

-Challenge-
Australia
1623931823933.png
G'day, mate! There's a lot to do at this pavilion based on the Land Down Under - for example, you can visit the Sydney Opera House and catch a showing of Across Australia, a Circle-Vision show that takes guests on a tour of the continent. Or, you can hop in a jeep and travel through the bush, coming face to face with singing kangaroos, koalas, echidnas, dingoes, and other Australian wildlife on the whimsical dark ride Outrageous Outback Safari. Shops boast a selection of plush koalas, t-shirts, digeridoos, and more. There's a lot to do, and a lot of fun to be had, here.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
NEW YORK CITY PAVILION:

1623933505377.png

New York City Pavilion will be perfect addition for World Showcase and will be sponsored by Amtrak, as you know New York City is perfect ironic landmark in United States, you can visit Empire State Building, minisize Times Square will be for shopping and restaurants well as New Year's Eve countdown on every December 31st, as tribute to 9/11 as you will enter World Trade Center, you can eat hotdogs as drink coffee just like visiting NYC, a subway simulator called New York City Subway System as you can riding subway through New York City's subway system, as minisize Central Park as the guests will enjoy the nature of happiness, a helicopter simulator ride called Chopper Tours will take soaring over New York City. In every Thanksgiving, there will be minisize Macy's Thanksgiving Parade as Santa Claus at end of the parade. A big Christmas tree will be added at the pavilion every December. Also the guests will experience to see the Statue of Liberty. Or you can visit the ironic museum to see living things come out pictures and statues come alive for Night at the Museum dark ride. Or you'll join adventures with musical Joe as his soul life in Lost in Soul dark ride based on Disney/Pixar's Soul.

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Egypt Pavilion:
View attachment 564320
As part of the World Showcase area in WDW’s new second gate, Egypt exists in the plot of land between Japan and France (Morocco doesn’t exist here). Come inside the Great Pyramids and ride Journey Down the Nile, which is a boat dark ride themed to the country’s culture (opens in 2022 for WDW’s 50th, not part of opening day roster). Also come see a show titled “The Great Land of Egypt“, which is a 30 minute show on the history of this fascinating country, from King Tut’s era to modern-day. Also, you can dine at Carter’s, which is a table-service restaurant located inside the Great Pyramid. You can also just get some Egyptian souvenirs at Cairo Curios to take home with you.

G'day, mate! There's a lot to do at this pavilion based on the Land Down Under - for example, you can visit the Sydney Opera House and catch a showing of Across Australia, a Circle-Vision show that takes guests on a tour of the continent. Or, you can hop in a jeep and travel through the bush, coming face to face with singing kangaroos, koalas, echidnas, dingoes, and other Australian wildlife on the whimsical dark ride Outrageous Outback Safari. Shops boast a selection of plush koalas, t-shirts, digeridoos, and more. There's a lot to do, and a lot of fun to be had, here.
And just like that my first two choices are taken lol.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
SWEDEN

9A1408A2-6824-4F89-8DC1-8F117F7E9AEB.jpeg

This geographically small nation is well known for being extremely environmentally friendly, and implementing successful social welfare programs. But Sweden is also a large exporter of pop music, and they’re proud of it! Here at the Sweden pavilion, guests can enjoy a pop music review featuring the work of artists such as ABBA, Roxette, Europe, and in later years going on to include Ace of Bass, The A*Teens, and Millencolin. Additionally, Swedish auto manufacturer Volvo presents an Autopia style ride through the Swedish countryside. And of course, a restaurant serving up delightful delicacies, including world famous Swedish meatballs.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
HAWAII:
1623941931827.png

Hawaii is a beautiful island in United States, it will be great addition for World Showcase and be sponsored by Hawaiian Airlines, the pavilion will have nice foods, as dancing hawaii hulas as hawaiian music too. There will be three attractions one is Pearl Harbor Attack as the guests are in the World War II as japanese planes attacked the Pearl Harbor as navy ships sinking as people are being killed by japanese people. The attraction will be Circle Vision called Hawaii Dreams will featuring all learning from Hawaii such as O'ahu, Maui, Kaua'i, Moloka'i, Lānaʻi, and more. You can almost surfing experience as to learn surf like in Hawaii. The finale one is Volcano Blast as the people will watch the volcano will go erupting as special effects such as fire, smokes, water, and more. Also Lilo and Stitch will be meet & greets with the guests too.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom