One Sentence Contest

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 4 - What new pavilion would you add to Epcot and what would make it special? (Future World or World Showcase)

Submissions end on Thursday, 11:59 PM EST

Here are the ranking going into the fourth challenge:
1. Englanddg (5 points)
2. Unkadug (4 points)
3. Rct247 (3 points)
3. PUSH (3 points)
5. Matt7187 (2 points)
6. Insanepizzaguy (1 point)

Matt7187

I would add a Greece pavilion to WS. In it, you could have rides based on Greek mythology, and dine on great Greek foods like baklava

PUSH

Challenge 4

I would add an Australian pavilion to World Showcase because it would bring another continent into the Showcase. For attractions I'd have a ride through the Outback, and for food I'd have dishes such as meat pies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think India would be a good fit because of the food and the architectural (think Taj Mahal) possibilities, and the fact that it is a country that we have NOT been at war with unlike most of the other countries represented in the World Showcase.

rct247

I really liked the concept for Russia being added to World Showcase because of its rich history as a dominant world leader, its architecture (onion shaped cupolas), its crusine (soups, strofganoffs, and vodkas), its beautiful arts (ballets, faberge eggs, Matryoshka dolls, and folk music), and traditions (folk tales, dances, and celebrations). With as large as Russia is and with how important Russia has been to world history and space exploration, it is an easy pick for a new addition to not only World Showcase, but Epcot as a whole.

insanepizzaguy

I would add an Inventions pavilion to Future World because it would help to reestablish the park's symbol of innovation and future optimism and it would be unique, along with being educational. It would have a ride going through famous inventing moments like the Wright Brothers first flight, there would also be an exhibit on inventions of the past and how they have evolved to what they are today.

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 4:
3 points - Matt7187
2 points - Insanepizzaguy
1 point - Unkadug
0 points - Rct247
0 points - Englanddg
0 points - PUSH

I would add a Greece pavilion to WS. In it, you could have rides based on Greek mythology, and dine on great Greek foods like baklava
Very good idea for a unique pavilion.

I would add an Inventions pavilion to Future World because it would help to reestablish the park's symbol of innovation and future optimism and it would be unique, along with being educational. It would have a ride going through famous inventing moments like the Wright Brothers first flight, there would also be an exhibit on inventions of the past and how they have evolved to what they are today.
Hmm. Is it just me cause I feel like this already there just a bit scattered around the park. Like Spaceship Earth, Innoventions, Test Track. Like the concept though and it could possibly work with more thought put into it.

I really liked the concept for Russia being added to World Showcase because of its rich history as a dominant world leader, its architecture (onion shaped cupolas), its crusine (soups, strofganoffs, and vodkas), its beautiful arts (ballets, faberge eggs, Matryoshka dolls, and folk music), and traditions (folk tales, dances, and celebrations). With as large as Russia is and with how important Russia has been to world history and space exploration, it is an easy pick for a new addition to not only World Showcase, but Epcot as a whole.
Good idea, but the other ideas are just better.

I think India would be a good fit because of the food and the architectural (think Taj Mahal) possibilities, and the fact that it is a country that we have NOT been at war with unlike most of the other countries represented in the World Showcase.
India would be a very unique experience as well.

Challenge 4

I would add an Australian pavilion to World Showcase because it would bring another continent into the Showcase. For attractions I'd have a ride through the Outback, and for food I'd have dishes such as meat pies.
Love the idea, but Australia belongs in Animal Kingdom.

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 5: How would you lower the wait times for the Toy Story Mania queue?

Submissions end on Saturday, July 20th, at 11:59 PM EST.

Scores going into the Fifth Challenge:
1. Englanddg (5 points)
1. Unkadug (5 points)
1. Matt7187 (5 points)
4. Rct247 (3 points)
4. PUSH (3 points)
4. Insane Pizza Guy (3 points)

PUSH

In order to lower the wait times for Toy Story Mania, I would build Carsland and Star Wars Land at Hollywood Studios. Both would include family/children rides because the lack of these types of rides increases the wait times for TSM tremendously.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I would allow crowds to schedule their ride times within pre-arranged windows, thereby allowing Disney to utilize an algorithm to optimize ride throughput.

Matt7187

I would take away FastPass, which would make the lines short like in DCA where there isn't FP. Also, I would add a high capacity family ride next to it themed to The Incredibles

rct247

Easiest way to lower the wait times for Toy Story Midway Mania is to offer more family rides whether they are in a Carsland, Star Wars Land, or even a redone Toontown. Currently, the park only has 6 actual rides: 3 have height restrictions, one is geared more toward older audiences (GMR), and only other one besides Toy Story is the Backlot Tour.

insanepizzaguy

To lower wait times, I would add in a family friendly UP themed E-ticket along with Radiator Springs Racers to make a true Pixar land, which would draw attention on those new rides instead of Toy Story Midway Mania. I would also design and build new ride vehicles that would seat more people and be more efficient overall.

unkadug

This is easy....double the seating capacity of the vehicles. Wait time is directly proportional to the hourly capacity of the ride, so in order to decrease wait time the capacity needs to improve.

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 5 RANKINGS:
3 points - Insanepizzaguy
2 points - PUSH
1 points - Unkadug
0 points - Englanddg
0 points - Matt7187
0 points - Rct247

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 6: What should be Magic Kingdom's next e-ticket?
Submissions end on Sunday, July 21st, at 11:59 PM EST.

Scores Going Into Challenge 6:
1. InsanePizzaGuy (6 points)
1. Unkadug (6 points)
3. PUSH (5 points)
3. Englanddg (5 points)
3. Matt7187 (5 points)
6. Rct247 (3 points)

rct247

I would remove the Tomorrowland Speedway to build new time-travel themed attraction using a unique ride system combining elements of Dinosaur/Indy, Mystic Manor, and Harry Potter. The story would take place in a Tomorrowland Scientific Labratories and guests will start in an exhibit hall learning about great inventions that paved the way for the future then move on to a top secret lab where guest will embark on an adventure on a new time machine exploring time periods of the past and even traveling into the future!

Matt7187

I would take out Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Belle and would add a Lone Ranger ride with a merry to round style tech, which is where it starts as a merry go round as you spin once, but then each 2 person horse breaks off. In the ride, you would be riding next to an AA of the Lone Ranger on Silver and then get in a high speed chase with bandits.

unkadug

I would NOT remove any current attraction but would use the expansion pad behind Jungle Cruise for a new rollercoaster style attraction through a volcano. The volcano would fit well with the Adventureland theming and we wouldn't lose any current attraction.

PUSH

I would remove the Tomorrowland Speedway and place a TRON coaster in its spot. This would give Tomorrowland an update it needs, while replacing an attraction that doesn't fit the theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom