Unkadug
Push
InsanePizzaGuy
EnglandDg

Turtle

Original Poster
Here is how the competition works.

We have 6 contestants.

During every challenge, first place gets 3 points, second place gets 2 points, first place gets 1 point. The latter 3 get 0 points.

By the end of all 20 challenges (so about two months of the game), the person with the most points wins.

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 1 - What would you make the icon for Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Submissions due by Wednesday, July 10 at 11:59 PM (EST) or until everybody posts their submission.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
To me the icon should be the central focal point of the park....as such I would make the icon be the Chinese Theater, as it rightfully should be.

PUSH

Any park icon should draw the visitor's eye as soon as it's in view, as well as fit the theme of the park. Therefore I would remove the sorcerer hat and use the Chinese Theater as the icon since it fits theme, looks nice, and would draw a visitor's eye immediately.

Matt7187

I would make the Tower of Terror the new symbol for the park. I believe that because it is the biggest thing it the park, is well known around the world, and could start a whole rebranding of the park.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I would go back to using the Earful Tower. However, I'd move it from where it's at (since it's not a functioning tower anyway) and place it off Sunset Blvd so it comes into view when you reach the intersection.

rct247

Disney's California Adventure has the Carthay Circle which was important for Snow White, so Disney's Hollywood Studios should have the Chinese Theater which was important for Mary Poppins which was a major success for the company.

Turtle

Original Poster
Here are the rankings:
3 points - Englanddg
2 points - Rct47
1 point - Unkadug
0 points - PUSH
0 points - Matt7187
0 points - Insanepizzaguy

To me the icon should be the central focal point of the park....as such I would make the icon be the Chinese Theater, as it rightfully should be.
Short and simple. I like.

Any park icon should draw the visitor's eye as soon as it's in view, as well as fit the theme of the park. Therefore I would remove the sorcerer hat and use the Chinese Theater as the icon since it fits theme, looks nice, and would draw a visitor's eye immediately.
The other contestants had the same idea, but explained it better.

I would make the Tower of Terror the new symbol for the park. I believe that because it is the biggest thing it the park, is well known around the world, and could start a whole rebranding of the park.

A bit too risky and doesn't fit the park theme

Disney's California Adventure has the Carthay Circle which was important for Snow White, so Disney's Hollywood Studios should have the Chinese Theater which was important for Mary Poppins which was a major success for the company.
This is #2 because you explained it well

I would go back to using the Earful Tower. However, I'd move it from where it's at (since it's not a functioning tower anyway) and place it off Sunset Blvd so it comes into view when you reach the intersection.

I like this the best because it's different from the rest, yet it fits the theme of the park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Here are the rankings:
3 points - Englanddg
2 points - Rct47
1 point - Unkadug
0 points - PUSH
0 points - Matt7187
0 points - Insanepizzaguy

Short and simple. I like.

The other contestants had the same idea, but explained it better.

A bit too risky and doesn't fit the park theme

This is #2 because you explained it well

I like this the best because it's different from the rest, yet it fits the theme of the park.
Lesson learned...do NOT be the first to reply as others may copy your idea!:eek:

(see... still only one line!!!!):cool:

BTW...do run on sentences still count as one sentence or are we judged on grammar also? :D

Hey at least I placed...congrats to the other contestants...now on to the second challenge.

PUSH

Lesson learned...do NOT be the first to reply as others may copy your idea!:eek:

(see... still only one line!!!!):cool:

BTW...do run on sentences still count as one sentence or are we judged on grammar also? :D

Hey at least I placed...congrats to the other contestants...now on to the second challenge.

Just so you know I didn't mean to copy your idea. When I read the question, that was the first idea that popped into mind. And creativity seems to be key here.

But as you said, at least you placed! :p

rct247

Yeah, to be honest, it wasn't that I was copying an idea. It was my own opinion that I just happened to share with many others. I didn't like this question because for many it is a no brainer, use something that already exists and has worked before whether it was the water tower or the theater or even tower.

Turtle

Original Poster
Btw, it's obvious that the Chinese Theater being front and center is likely the best thing to do :). Nobody is "copying".

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 2 - How would you enhance the Fastpass+ experience?

Submissions close on Sunday at 11:59 pm EST

PUSH

Challenge 2

I would give guests the option of booking up to five FP+ attractions 60 days in advance, or using the current FP system with a cap of five per guest also. This way people can preplan their experiences if they want, while still leaving FPs for locals or people who like to wing it.

insanepizzaguy

I would give different fastpass+ users different hour long time slots where they can use it on rides. Each pass will get two time slots on most, if not all rides so that there can be more spontaneity.

Matt7187

I would eliminate the fact that you book 60 days in advance. What I would also do is have you just bump your magic band onto a sensor, and it would give you a digital fastpass, which Disney can then promote into saying how they "save the environment" by not using paper. :rolleyes:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I would allow for Fastpasses to be selected for any park on any day (including multiple parks on the same day) with no "maximum" limits. Rather, I would keep the tiering system they have in place, but attach blackout times for fast passes around those attractions, with tier A attractions causing a 2 hour Fastpass "blackout", tier B attractions causing a 1.5 hour Fastpass "blackout" and tier C attractions causing a 45 minute blackout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom