One Sentence Contest

rct247

It's hard to say since we haven't seen the experience fully rolled out, but I think while Fastpass+ would allow for 3 preplanned Fastpasses, I would make sure that day off Fastpasses are still obtainable with multiple hour slot choices available at multiple parks too. On a side note, I would also have devices available to rent for guests without smartphones so they can participate.

Turtle

Original Poster
The scores for CHALLENGE 2 are in:
3 points - PUSH
2 points - Matt7187
1 point - Rct247
0 points - Insanepizzaguy
0 points - Unkadug
0 points - Englanddg

Challenge 2

I would give guests the option of booking up to five FP+ attractions 60 days in advance, or using the current FP system with a cap of five per guest also. This way people can preplan their experiences if they want, while still leaving FPs for locals or people who like to wing it.
I love this concept because it appeals to both sides of the argument which is the most important thing.

I would give different fastpass+ users different hour long time slots where they can use it on rides. Each pass will get two time slots on most, if not all rides so that there can be more spontaneity.
I don't understand what you just said

I would eliminate the fact that you book 60 days in advance. What I would also do is have you just bump your magic band onto a sensor, and it would give you a digital fastpass, which Disney can then promote into saying how they "save the environment" by not using paper. :rolleyes:
I like this also. Blending the RFID technology with the current Fastpass system.

I would allow for Fastpasses to be selected for any park on any day (including multiple parks on the same day) with no "maximum" limits. Rather, I would keep the tiering system they have in place, but attach blackout times for fast passes around those attractions, with tier A attractions causing a 2 hour Fastpass "blackout", tier B attractions causing a 1.5 hour Fastpass "blackout" and tier C attractions causing a 45 minute blackout.
Run-on sentence! :p

It's hard to say since we haven't seen the experience fully rolled out, but I think while Fastpass+ would allow for 3 preplanned Fastpasses, I would make sure that day off Fastpasses are still obtainable with multiple hour slot choices available at multiple parks too. On a side note, I would also have devices available to rent for guests without smartphones so they can participate.
Good idea about rental devices.

Turtle

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 3 - Simply, how would you fix the Imagination pavilion at Epcot?

Submissions end on Wednesday, July 17, at 11:59 pm EST

Here are the ranking going into the third challenge:
1. Rct247 (3 points)
1. Englanddg (3 points)
1. PUSH (3 points)
4. Matt7187 (2 points)
5. Unkadug (1 point )
6. Insanepizzaguy (0 points)

Turtle

Original Poster
Bonus Question: If you have to rename the "One Little Spark" song, what would you re-name it?

If you impress me with your answer you get 1 point.

Submission for bonus question ends at 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, July 16.

insanepizzaguy

I would completely refurbish Journey Into Imagination to bring back Dreamfinder and take out the senses part entirely. I would also take out the bland factory tour aspect, update some of the outdated parts of the queue, and make it focus on how everyone's imagination is unique.

PUSH

Challenge 3

I would retheme the ride to Phineas and Ferb, as they are perfect modern day examples for Imagination. The ride would have the rider go through one of their fantasies, showing us how great it is to keep our imaginations active.

PUSH

Bonus Question: If you have to rename the "One Little Spark" song, what would you re-name it?

If you impress me with your answer you get 1 point.

Submission for bonus question ends at 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, July 16.

Another question: Should we rename this based on the current ride, or our revision of the ride?

Matt7187

CHALLENGE 3 - Simply, how would you fix the Imagination pavilion at Epcot?

Submissions end on Wednesday, July 17, at 11:59 pm EST

Here are the ranking going into the third challenge:
1. Rct247 (3 points)
1. Englanddg (3 points)
1. PUSH (3 points)
4. Matt7187 (2 points)
5. Unkadug (1 point )
6. Insanepizzaguy (0 points)
I would take out figment permanently and start with a new character. Also, it wouldn't be a version of the old ride, but a new ride involving imagination with the future.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I would gut the whole attraction and create a new track layout using the upstairs also, bring back the turntable also, as it was a novel concept.

Bonus question...get Richard Sherman to brainstorm a new song. I'd go along with anything he comes up with.

PUSH

Bonus Question: I'd rename it to "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It" because the song is all about using your imagination to create anything you wish. Plus, it's a famous Walt Disney quote, so it fits within Walt Disney World.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Bonus Question: I'd rename it to "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It" because the song is all about using your imagination to create anything you wish. Plus, it's a famous Walt Disney quote, so it fits within Walt Disney World.
That sounds like Brian Griffin's book Wish It, Want It, Do it.

In fact that could be a good Disney song!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I would bring back the Dreamfinder and the original show theme, but with an updated show.

Bonus - I would call it Wonderment.

rct247

Sorry everyone, busy weekend.

My main fix to Imagination would be gut the attraction and use the trackless ride system found in Tokyo and Hong Kong to deliver a truly imaginative experience that would leave riders guessing what's next while still remaining true to its current theme. Updated technology and effects are the key to really capturing what the imagination can do these days. I could see the attraction sticking with Figment and maybe new distant cousin to Dreamfinder.

Some additional notes: Phineas and Ferb would be great for the pavilion's Magic Eye/Captain EO Theater, but not entirely for the ride. I would definitely go to a company like Crayola to see if they would be interested in a sponsorship.

As for the name of a new song, maybe something like "Future ImagiNations" with lyrics that point out that our kids and their imaginations are what will lead us and our world into the future. It would draw nods from songs like "Tomorrow's Child" and might strike more of a serious tone to the fun and whimsical side of the imagination.

Turtle

Original Poster
Challenge 3 Results:
3 points - Unkadug
2 points - Englanddg
1 point - Insane Pizza Guy
0 points - Rct247
0 points - Matt7187
0 points - PUSH

As for the bonus question, nobody won the extra point because there is simply nothing better than the title "One Little Spark".:)

Sorry everyone, busy weekend.

My main fix to Imagination would be gut the attraction and use the trackless ride system found in Tokyo and Hong Kong to deliver a truly imaginative experience that would leave riders guessing what's next while still remaining true to its current theme. Updated technology and effects are the key to really capturing what the imagination can do these days. I could see the attraction sticking with Figment and maybe new distant cousin to Dreamfinder.

Some additional notes: Phineas and Ferb would be great for the pavilion's Magic Eye/Captain EO Theater, but not entirely for the ride. I would definitely go to a company like Crayola to see if they would be interested in a sponsorship.
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. But sadly, you went over the two sentence maximum with those additional notes.

I would bring back the Dreamfinder and the original show theme, but with an updated show.
Yes!

I would take out figment permanently and start with a new character. Also, it wouldn't be a version of the old ride, but a new ride involving imagination with the future.
Figment... Out of Epcot?! ;)

I would gut the whole attraction and create a new track layout using the upstairs also, bring back the turntable also, as it was a novel concept.
Good idea stated in simple terms.

I would completely refurbish Journey Into Imagination to bring back Dreamfinder and take out the senses part entirely. I would also take out the bland factory tour aspect, update some of the outdated parts of the queue, and make it focus on how everyone's imagination is unique.
So putting back the Dreamfinder.. That's enough for one point.

Challenge 3

I would retheme the ride to Phineas and Ferb, as they are perfect modern day examples for Imagination. The ride would have the rider go through one of their fantasies, showing us how great it is to keep our imaginations active.
But how much longer will Phineas and Ferb be "modern day examples"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom