One Sentence Competition: The Prism of SYWTBAI

Disney Dad 3000

The Incredible HULK Coaster
Hulk_(circa_2019).png

What could the Incredible Hulk Coaster at Islands of Adventure really use to put it over the top? A larger than life advanced animatronic (something Universal has done a solid job with in recent years in its Kong and Hagrids attractions) Hulk captured and placed in a reworked queue will roar and fume at passersby while beating on his containment unit making for a wild scene. Additional noise, smoke, audio commentary and breaking scenery later in the boarding station highlight the Hulks escape out of sight as the coaster launches out.

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Did you ever post the top 3 from the last prism?
Not yet. I'll be updating the my previous posts with the reviews and results tonight, which I actually have time for once. I haven't really explained why I've been so busy lately but for full transparency as the host, I've been busy celebrating my dad's birthday which included planning something special while also balancing work in Citrus Dreamin'. I'm trying to schedule the game so it doesn't conflict with any busy days too. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Fozzie Bearโ€™s Comedy Club
1714156531324.jpeg

A new addition to the Muppetvision 3D theater is a newly built comedy club, once guests finish watching muppetvision they walk through 2 double red doors into a dimly lit room. The room itself looks like a comedy club with tables and chairs where guests can rest after watching the muppets antics, a small popcorn cart and drink stand is in the corner of the room which provides food and refreshments to the audience. The main attraction of the room is a full A-1000 Fozzie Bear animatronic, the first animatronic on a muppet character (to my knowledge) in the world, Fozzie Bear will tell the audience jokes to which you can expect arenโ€™t very good and perform tricks such as attempting to juggle in a projection effect, through parts of the day the animatronic will eventually get more tired until it will eventually fall over in exhaustion.

Rock Wren

Disney disappoints Figment Fans again.

Orlando, FL- Disney Fans went from initial excitement to disappointment after finding out Disney's announcement of a reimaging of Journey into Imagination with Figment just amounted to adding an animatronic of the Dreamfinderโ€™s ship (minus the Dreamfinder) with figment driving in one of the final scenes of the ride. One Disney fan lamented, โ€œAt least they wonโ€™t make it worse againโ€ฆ.. hopefully.โ€
fig1.jpg

OSUPhantom

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

IMG_1359.jpeg

As arguably one of the best examples of Disney Imagineering; the Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror sorely lacks an iconic audio animatronic. Replacing the underwhelming โ€œ5th Dimensionโ€ scene set pieces; an A-1000 of the famous Rod Sterling will beckon guests into the 5th dimension with a combination of projection mapping and lighting effects creating a more dynamic and visually interesting build up to the thrilling finale. The AA Rod will move alongside the elevator appearing to walk naturally before stopping and motioning towards the starfield doors that open to the drop shafts of the Tower of Terrorโ€ฆ

WaltWiz1901

Arielโ€™s Undersea Adventure/Journey of the Little Mermaid

1714168216774.png
The Little Mermaidโ€™s long-awaited dark ride has been much criticized for feeling too cheap (and particularly in the Magic Kingdom, failing to live up to the expectations set by its lavish faรงade), so in an effort to turn that around, most of the key Audio-Animatronics characters are upgraded to A-1000 animatronics, each with a wider range of movement and generally bearing more of a resemblance to their animated counterparts.

View attachment 781768
Itโ€™s a small world - @WaltWiz1901
This is a very interesting pitch that you shared in the competition World in MK probably has the ugliest facade in fantasyland, in terms of the fantasy tent exterior that is so dated- itโ€™s awfully weird that Disney did a New Fantasyland refurbish without touching those ugly tents! The Blair-esque clock tower design being able to see the light as you described sounds interesting, but it kind of ruins the view from the Pinnochio restaurant. At least thereโ€™s some kind of fixing to the exterior/queue!
About this, I don't think the view from inside the Village Haus would be impacted; the new facade would be adjacent to the restaurant as it always has been, not right over it

Last edited:

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

The reviews and the results from spectrum 2, with winners @imagineer97, @Disney Warrior, @Outbound, and @montydysquith-navarro have been updated on previous posts on the previous page. Make sure to go check them out, and thanks for your patience! I also had really fun reviewing to the prompts while listening to your music. The scoreboard will be posted tonight when I have time. Cheers!

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Scoreboard
Let me know if I did any math wrong so I can fix it! The scoreboard is also posted on the first post and will be updated each round.

@Evilgidgit - 6
@montydysquith-navarro - 6
@Outbound - 6
@imagineer97 - 5
@Disney Warrior - 5
@Disney Dad 3000 - 4
@WaltWiz1901 - 4
@Disney-Universal Fanboy - 4
@OSUPhantom - 4
@Rock Wren - 4
@Solaris Knight - 4
@AceAstro - 4
@ThemeParkPriest - 4
@Lord Fozzinator - 3.5
@Brer Panther - 3
@Miru - 3
@Tony the Tigger - 3
@spacemt354 - 2
@Lizzy May Bee - 2
@Pi on my Cake - 2

Submitting anything is worth 1 Point
Doing anything for the bonus is worth 1 Point
A Redlight or Greenlight is worth an extra 1 point
A Violetlight is worth an extra 2 Points!

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

Magic Carpets of Alladin by @imagineer97

Honorable Mention goes to someone whose project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. I loved the queue a lot, but what detracted from the pitch was the enclosed ride (even if it wasn't part of the prompt)

IMG_3546.jpeg

BATMAN the ride by @Disney Warrior

This prompt not only headed out of the realm of Disney/Universal, it had a cohesive and realistic queue that seems like a joy to walk through.

IMG_3547.jpeg

"Futurama" by @Outbound

Another 2nd place in the bag! Outbound's creativity and originality shined when it came to this nostalgic queue for a nostalgic attraction.

IMG_3549.jpeg

POTC Revamp by @montydysquith-navarro

A perfect fix to a perfect ride that needed a better queue. Beautiful theming, air conditioning, a set story leading to the ride- what more could you want?

as the winner of SPECTRUM 2 @montydysquith-navarro chose the prompt for the next spectrum. Again, thank you everyone for participating!

*starts crying in a corner while listening to a slowed down song on repeat because @Architectural Guinea Pig chose the Batman coaster for a point instead of the unique cannibal queue I pitched.*

Jokes aside, I better get on that board. Or elseโ€ฆ

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

View attachment 781820Animatronic Advances
Welcome back to the third spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
The worthy 1st placer @montydysquith-navarro , upon careful consideration, shined his beam of light on the next prism. Well that's weird- the light is landing on existing rides. The light whispers...

Ani...
Anime?
Anima...
Animation?
Animatron...
Animatronic!

Huh.

What Is Disney Audio-Animatronics Technology?
Disney announces opening for Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World  and a first look at new animatronics's Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World  and a first look at new animatronics

Powerful animatronics exist on Disney's latest and greatest new rides, but not in the old ones. It seems like the light wants you to update these old rides by giving them something new... like the Hatbox Ghost (but don't do that, MK already did that badly)!

-Challenge-
Design a new A-1000 animatronic for ANY existing Disney/Universal ride of your choice.

-Rules-
  • Any ride around the world is allowed- but it should take up about the same space as before.​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image.
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Monday, April 29th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. โ€“ Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. Itโ€™s a simple, casual competition โ€“ there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: Font Fanatics
Everyone loves a good font. Fancy up your text by changing the font in line with your ride's theming (or your preference). Good luck!

The Bride at the Grand Staircase
Phantom Manor, Disneyland Paris

melanie-ravenswood-at-the-entrance-of-phantom-manor-v0-x6l55gnax5c91.jpg

When Phantom Manor reopened its doors in 2019 after its "Re-Haunting", visitors arriving at the Grand Staircase can now see the forlornly Bride herself standing at the landing to view a raging storm outside, which adds to the foreboding atmosphere of the scene. During another "en-haunts-ment", this still figure has been replaced with an advanced Audio-Animatronic capable of picking up and putting down items and "walking" to and fro. The new Bride figure will be "directed" to gaze out the windows as the storm rages, pick up a lit candelabra from a nearby table with her hand, pick up her skirts with the other hand that also clutches her bouquet, "move" towards the steps, stop herself from advancing down as she looks up to acknowledge the Manor's visitors with an inscrutable look on her face (surprise? curiosity? fear? resignment?), and turn again towards the windows as thunder crashes to reset.

Last edited:

Evilgidgit

Nemo and the Nautilus
Les Mysteres du Nautilus, Disneyland Paris
captainnemo.jpg

Last year's refurbishment of Discoveryland's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea walkthrough strangely removed key elements from the attraction and turned it into a heavily themed promo for Disney Nature. In a new update, not only would the animatronic giant squid return, but so would a brand new A-1000 animatronic of Captain Nemo himself, or rather several versions who appear throughout the tour, enchanting guests with his worldly views of a better living beneath the ocean (which can make the footage of sea life more meaningful to the story). The most prominent animatronic appears in the saloon, where Nemo's organ is relocated to the other side of the room, where Nemo sits and plays until the squid attacks, ordering his crew to repel it with electrical shocks.

Nemo and the Nautilus
Les Mysteres du Nautilus, Disneyland Paris
captainnemo.jpg

Last year's refurbishment of Discoveryland's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea walkthrough strangely removed key elements from the attraction and turned it into a heavily themed promo for Disney Nature. In a new update, not only would the animatronic giant squid return, but so would a brand new A-1000 animatronic of Captain Nemo himself, or rather several versions who appear throughout the tour, enchanting guests with his worldly views of a better living beneath the ocean (which can make the footage of sea life more meaningful to the story). The most prominent animatronic appears in the saloon, where Nemo's organ is relocated to the other side of the room, where Nemo sits and plays until the squid attacks, ordering his crew to repel it with electrical shocks.
OH THE KRAKEN! wait was it a krake- oh yeah itโ€™s a squid. Let me try that again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom