One Sentence Competition: The Prism of SYWTBAI

Miru

Then why was he named SQUIDward?!
He’s a hybrid, possibly?

Also, it seems “squid” is a general term in the SBU to refer to cephalopods, similar to how “fish” is used to refer to multiple orders of bony aquatic animals (and in the SBU also to boneless creatures)

AceAstro

Remy at Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

1714365532382.png

With the opening of Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, the ending doesn't feel the same due to the actual restaurant not being in the finale for guests to visit. To fix this ending, the entire ending is re-worked with a new A-1000 animatronic of Remy, instead of seeing Remy on the screen. Remy, sitting on the picnic table in the picture above, moves fluidly thanking guests for joining them and hopes they join Remy and the rats on future culinary experiences.

Bonus:
None of the fonts feel French so I went with the most "different" one lol

Remy at Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

View attachment 782262

With the opening of Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, the ending doesn't feel the same due to the actual restaurant not being in the finale for guests to visit. To fix this ending, the entire ending is re-worked with a new A-1000 animatronic of Remy, instead of seeing Remy on the screen. Remy, sitting on the picnic table in the picture above, moves fluidly thanking guests for joining them and hopes they join Remy and the rats on future culinary experiences.

Bonus:
None of the fonts feel French so I went with the most "different" one lol

We need a new remy animatronic so bad since they got rid of the old one for no reason. This would mean losing the Emile gag in that scene but it’s still really good!

Solaris Knight

Bird: Test Track
1714421733900.png

Serving to bring back a touch of whimsy and nostalgic Epcot to Test Track is Bird, an Audio Animatronic toucan who entertains guests through remote puppetry in the long Test Track queues, making tire-d car puns and educating young guests on the history of the automobile and transportation.

Because @Moth keeps talking about World of Motion and we're best friends.

Moth

Bird: Test Track
View attachment 782328
Serving to bring back a touch of whimsy and nostalgic Epcot to Test Track is Bird, an Audio Animatronic toucan who entertains guests through remote puppetry in the long Test Track queues, making tire-d car puns and educating young guests on the history of the automobile and transportation.
I wonder what dashing individual on Discord gave you this idea?

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1714027323250.png

Expedition Everest - @Disney Warrior
Nice and to-the-point pitch, fixing an animatronic beloved and making it better than ever. The iconic Disco Yeti being revived as an A-1000 will vastly improve the experience- but there’s one problem: Disney won’t fix it, because they literally can’t, as it would require extreme refurbishment and costs. That doesn’t detract from your pitch though. Bring our Disco Yeti back!

+1 Bonus

Incredicoaster- @Disney-Universal Fanboy
I LOVE the idea of being able to bring the Incredibles to another level of life on the Incredicoaster, but just a reminder that the prompt is specifically talking about A-1000 animatronics, which means Disney’s most advanced animatronics ever (Hondo Onaka, Na’vi, Belle), so it doesn’t exactly fit the prompt perfectly. But it really would do the ride so much good by adding that movement, especially for those Jack-Jack on sticks.

+1 Bonus

The Cat in the Hat - @Brer Panther
OOOH a childhood favorite of mine! Cat in the Hat was just such an icon that no matter the quality of the ride, just reliving the original story at such a young age in IoA was so magical. Purely based on memory, isn’t the scene with Cat juggling the plates a literal breeze-by? It would be weird for Universal to invest so much money on a ride that’s probably to be scrapped in the future for an animatronic that can be only seen in a maximum of three seconds. Could just be my poor childhood memories, which compensate for everything in every way!

+1 Bonus

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - @imagineer97
Consider me uncultured for not knowing the Mountain Man, but he does seem like a great person in parties. This could potentially be one of the coolest Disney animatronics ever, as it utilizes a combination of horizontal movement and motion within the animatronic itself. It makes the ride so much wilder because of this random guy in a haunted mountain warning you of the dangers of stealing its gold. I also just noticed that you specified ALL BTMS worldwide- now that is a crazy cool pitch!

+1 Bonus

The Incredible Hulk Coaster - @Disney Dad 3000
This is one of those first-glance-at-love pitches I meet in every spectrum- a giant Hulk animatronic sounds perfect- especially for a highly popular and fun ride, setting the scene with a life-size Hulk will set the scene perfectly for the entire coaster. The previous Kong and Hagrid also allow Universal to imitate the technology used for them and make a Hulk that’s realistic, fluid, and most importantly, violent. The addition of more little features to the ride’s scenery as you mention amplifies the experience and thrill of the attraction in so many ways possible- while I’m still waiting for a massive indoor portion from Uni, this is the level of grand and spectacular refurbishment I expect from them.

+1 Bonus

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1714027323250.png

Fozzie Bear’s Comedy Club - @Lord Fozzinator
This is really adorable- a post-show mini-show! I always love it when there’s an animatronic to interact with and give goodbyes to guests as they leave an attraction. While Fozzie will never be the first muppet animatronic, he’s certainly the best. I love how you wrote the little gimmick of his bad jokes and his projection-effect juggling. I love this chill D-zone vibe that you brought to the table, snacks and everything makes for a great experience when interacting with Fozzie. He even falls down with exhaustion? Such a Disney thing

+1 Bonus

Disney disappoints Figment Fans again - @Rock Wren
DANG IT! THat is the most disappointing title I have ever read in all my years of hosting, which happens to be one year (and that started now lol). BUT it’s really not that disappointing- in fact, I love that Figment is now taking over Dreamfinder’s ship. Bringing back something so amazing and legendary clearly is a win for theme park fans- also, is that your own concept art? It’s SO GOOD! I love all the details of mixing the current finale with Dreamfinder’s ship. It’s such a nice touch of imagination and magic I would still love to see this animatronic return again.

+0.5 Bonus (title)

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - @OSUPhantom
ROD SERLING! NO F***ING WAY THIS IS REAL! THIS IS PERFECTION! THIS IS MAGIC! THIS IS AN ODE, A BALLADE, TO DISNEY MAGIC OF OLD! Seriously, the idea of Serling’s added tension onto the table before the thrilling finale is just so perfect- especially of the added element of him “walking” by guests sounds so creepily cool- and with A-1000 technology along with the spooky lighting, the tone just seems to fit right in, making Serling real in an entirely new way possible. This is a perfect update to a perfect ride, and I really have no problems with it.

+1 Bonus

Journey of the Little Mermaid - @WaltWiz1901
In my opinion, Mermaid is a really good dark ride, because of the amount of little details, especially in the under-the-sea sequence. However, upgrading the animatronics towards making them A-1000s is a pretty nice Disney move to make them seem so much more realistic. Good rides can become even better, just like mermaid!

+1 Bonus

Alice revamp - @Miru
OOh giving Cheshire Cat that silky, fluid power of an A-1000 is such a nice update that it will definitely brighten my Disney Day when I visit the parks. Not much to say here, but seeing the cat with a much wider and prominent range of motion will truly make him the star of the show.​

Last edited:

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sorry for the delay- I had internet connection issues tonight and was only able to send out the pre written reviews (and it got too late to finish the rest up tonight). I have decided on a winner so the prompt will be released… promptly tomorrow.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
1714027323250.png

Fozzie Bear’s Comedy Club - @Lord Fozzinator
This is really adorable- a post-show mini-show! I always love it when there’s an animatronic to interact with and give goodbyes to guests as they leave an attraction. While Fozzie will never be the first muppet animatronic, he’s certainly the best. I love how you wrote the little gimmick of his bad jokes and his projection-effect juggling. I love this chill D-zone vibe that you brought to the table, snacks and everything makes for a great experience when interacting with Fozzie. He even falls down with exhaustion? Such a Disney did?

+1 Bonus

Disney disappoints Figment Fans again - @Rock Wren
DANG IT! THat is the most disappointing title I have ever read in all my years of hosting, which happens to be one year (and that started now lol). BUT it’s really not that disappointing- in fact, I love that Figment is now taking over Dreamfinder’s ship. Bringing back something so amazing and legendary clearly is a win for theme park fans- also, is that your own concept art? It’s SO GOOD! I love all the details of mixing the current finale with Dreamfinder’s ship. It’s such a nice touch of imagination and magic I would still love to see this animatronic return again.

+0.5 Bonus (title)

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - @OSUPhantom
ROD SERLING! NO F***ING WAY THIS IS REAL! THIS IS PERFECTION! THIS IS MAGIC! THIS IS AN ODE, A BALLADE, TO DISNEY MAGIC OF OLD! Seriously, the idea of Serling’s added tension onto the table before the thrilling finale is just so perfect- especially of the added element of him “walking” by guests sounds so creepily cool- and with A-1000 technology along with the spooky lighting, the tone just seems to fit right in, making Serling real in an entirely new way possible. This is a perfect update to a perfect ride, and I really have no problems with it.

+1 Bonus

Journey of the Little Mermaid - @WaltWiz1901
In my opinion, Mermaid is a really good dark ride, because of the amount of little details, especially in the under-the-sea sequence. However, upgrading the animatronics towards making them A-1000s is a pretty nice Disney move to make them seem so much more realistic. Good rides can become even better, just like mermaid!

+1 Bonus

Alice revamp - @Miru
OOh giving Cheshire Cat that silky, fluid power of an A-1000 is such a nice update that it will definitely brighten my Disney Day when I visit the parks. Not much to say here, but seeing the cat with a much wider and prominent range of motion will truly make him the star of the show.​
Disney did?

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1714027323250.png

Tom Morrow’s Peoplemover - @spacemt354
Back to the one sentence basics! Tom Morrow simply will make a triumphant return. He’s already mentioned on the Peoplemover so it would be so cool to see him literally right there in the ride. We all need him as our new barber- seriously, imagine the hairstyling Tom can do :eek:

+1 Bonus

The Bride at the Grand Staircase - @montydysquith-navarro
Now that seems seriously creepy… I didn’t even know that the Bride wasn’t an animatronic. Now seeing her moving as if she were more than just a ghostly human just adds that extra en-haunts-ment. It would be seriously creepy to if Disney just decided to make her faceless- imagine the shock of seeing her if you crane your neck properly- and it would obviously save a lot of things in terms of cost and difficulty for the animatronic.

+1 Bonus

Nemo and the Nautilus - Les Mysteres de Nautilus - @Evilgidgit
That is SOOOOO cool, seeing Nemo come alive in such a good way- which will certainly bring a little more light to the hidden gem that is the Nautilus. I especially love the organ playing scene as it brings a haunting rise of devastation as the squid attacks after he plays. That would be one of the most complicated animatronics for Disney to make, if it means that they intend to make him play it properly, fingers on the keys and everything. Side note that Nemo is technically a cold introvert but I’ll skip over that little detail. Great work!

+1 Bonus

Remy at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure - @AceAstro
Ong an animatronic Remy sounds so adorable, with all that soft fur detail and the little chef hat- I would pay full price for a WDW trip to see Remy in action. I can see him waving around a little spoon and greeting guests. This reminds me of Roz at the end of Monsters Inc the ride, pointing and talking with guests. Three cheers for Remy!

+1 Bonus

Bird: Test Track - @Solaris Knight
Ahhh…another cute borb in the mix! How did he fly all the way from the Tiki Room? Anyways, a bird becoming an A-1000 animatronic will be probably the craziest thing- a real, live, talking bird… However, isn’t Test Track already a goner soon, heading for refurbishment? Would seem weird for Disney to make a bird last minute, but considering that a borb like this would be so cute, again I have no problems with the small nitpick.

+1 Bonus

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
my internet has been fixed and is fully back!
1714027323250.png

The Seas with Nemo and Friends+ - @Tony the Tigger
Before I hop into your pitch, I just want to first say that I LOVE THE FONT and presentation style you've taken for this pitch. A HUGE Darla is both incredibly cool and incredibly creepy, so a win-win to make some kids laugh and some kids cry. This would also be DIsney's biggest animatronic ever, so it would be a challenge that Imagineers would love to take on, and it might even take the world record for the biggest human animatronic ever, if that's a thing. I also like how it appears she's "poking" the fish bowl. Great work!

+1 BONUS

Indiana Jones Adventure(s) - @ThemeParkPriest
So many old Disney animatronics need that fresh upgrade- and Indy is the perfect pick for the refurbishment! His fluid motion would make him so lifelike my parents would cry (they're big fans of Indiana Jones/Harrison Ford). Don't know why I'm thinking about this but it feels like making a Harrison Ford Madame Tussauds wax figure "come to life." which is really weird (late-night hallucinations ifykyk ifydyd).

+1 Bonus

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom