One Sentence Competition: The Prism of SYWTBAI

Nature’s Bounty

9FA97E3F-1A21-4E0C-B1AD-9FAA696482BE.jpeg

Replacing Toy Story Land at Shanghai Disneyland is Nature’s Bounty, a land dedicated to the wonders of the Earth. At the back of the land is a boat ride based around a fight with human versions of good and bad trying to save the Earth Godess in a climatic fight with a ride system similar to it’s a small world, a water splash pad, a counter service restaurant that serves assortments of food related to the Earth and a gift shop located in a hollow of a tree.

Bonus: Near the entrance to fantasyland, a small pathway can be found leading up to Buzz Lightyear with Sox sitting on a rock looking at a tree reminiscent of a spaceship based around the heavily underrated movie LIGHTYEAR.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

View attachment 779836

Toy Troubles
Welcome one and all to the first spectrum of One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
As the winner of the previous OSC, @AceAstro has shone a beam of light on the first prism, and the light has landed in many places… namely the Toy Story lands all across the world! It goes to nobody’s surprise that the Toy Story lands have dominated almost every resort at the Disney Parks, in a not-so-good way: the lands are known to be chock full of “cheap and cheerful” flat rides, with bare bones, simplistic theming, while using up multiple acres of space. Considering how redundant the lands are, it’s time to take their replacement into your own hands.

View attachment 779849

-Challenge-
Pitch a new family friendly land to replace any existing Toy Story Land at any resort of your choice.

-Rules-
  • This means that the resorts you work in should be in Florida, Paris, Hong Kong, or Shanghai.​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image.
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Saturday, April 20th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
4 days from now

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: A Hidden Mickey Toy Story Character?

Disney (and Universal) are both known to include references to defunct attractions in their park. Who is your favorite Toy Story character? Add a reference to them in your land. You can use up to one extra sentence and image.
This bonus results in automatic bonus point

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask, and I’ll see you infinity and beyond!
Anything Can Happen Land - The World of Mary Poppins
Disney's Hollywood Studios

mppp.jpg

To celebrate the legacy of one of Walt Disney's finest live-action films, the world of Mary Poppins and her merry band comes to life at Disney's Hollywood Studios, replacing Toy Story Land. Enjoy a "practically perfect" day with Mary, Bert, Jane, and Michael as you stroll through the English countryside filled with animated characters, thrilling adventures, and of course, enough time for tea, raspberry ice, and cakes. Don't forget to "step in time" to the land's main attraction Jolly Holiday, where you can ride your own Merry-Go-Round horse (or chariot) and compete to win the Gold Derby Trophy!

Bonus
il_fullxfull.4294148429_2igs.jpg
Hidden amongst the many wares of the woodcarving stall in the County Fair Shoppes is a wooden marionette of Woody riding Bullseye, as seen in Toy Story 2.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

View attachment 779836

Toy Troubles
Welcome one and all to the first spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
As the winner of the previous OSC, @AceAstro has shone a beam of light on the first prism, and the light has landed in many places… namely the Toy Story lands all across the world! It goes to nobody’s surprise that the Toy Story lands have dominated almost every resort at the Disney Parks, in a not-so-good way: the lands are known to be chock full of “cheap and cheerful” flat rides, with bare bones, simplistic theming, while using up multiple acres of space. Considering how redundant the lands are, it’s time to take their replacement into your own hands.

View attachment 779849

-Challenge-
Pitch a new family friendly land to replace any existing Toy Story Land at any resort of your choice.

-Rules-
  • This means that the resorts you work in should be in Florida, Paris, Hong Kong, or Shanghai.​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image.
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Saturday, April 20th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
4 days from now

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: A Hidden Mickey Toy Story Character?

Disney (and Universal) are both known to include references to defunct attractions in their park. Who is your favorite Toy Story character? Add a reference to them in your land. You can use up to one extra sentence and image.
This bonus results in automatic bonus point

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask, and I’ll see you infinity and beyond!
Fantastical first prompt. Love the detail of calling the rounds "spectrums"

Anyways...

Fiesta de los Muertos

1121-DDP-coco.jpg

Replacing the Toy Story Playland in Disney Studios Paris will be a new land themed to Coco and the Day of the Dead!
There will be a focus on fun, family, music (including a live mariachi band, well "live" ;) ), and bright colors in this energetic land inspired by Land of the Dead as seen in Coco.
The focus will still be on flat rides, but they will now be given new themes such as flying with Alebrije (RC Racers), dancing along with a skeletal band (Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin), and The hanging trolleys (Toy Soldier Parachute Drop)

Bonus

E8EA8C65-55B5-4D92-A1AD-33D672F15AA3.jpg

Papel Picado will be hung over the main paths with designs referencing scenes/imagery from Coco as well as Pixar Easter Eggs hidden, like Buzz Lightyear doing his Spanish Buzz dance

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Fantastical first prompt. Love the detail of calling the rounds "spectrums"

Anyways...

Fiesta de los Muertos

1121-DDP-coco.jpg

Replacing the Toy Story Playland in Disney Studios Paris will be a new land themed to Coco and the Day of the Dead!
There will be a focus on fun, family, music (including a live mariachi band, well "live" ;) ), and bright colors in this energetic land inspired by Land of the Dead as seen in Coco.
The focus will still be on flat rides, but they will now be given new themes such as flying with Alebrije (RC Racers), dancing along with a skeletal band (Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin), and The hanging trolleys (Toy Soldier Parachute Drop)

Bonus

E8EA8C65-55B5-4D92-A1AD-33D672F15AA3.jpg

Papel Picado will be hung over the main paths with designs referencing scenes/imagery from Coco as well as Pixar Easter Eggs hidden, like Buzz Lightyear doing his Spanish Buzz dance
Lmao I actually thought about doing this as well!

Disney Dad 3000

Critter Canyon

Screenshot 2024-04-19 134441.png

Replacing Shanghai Disneyland's Toy Story Land, comes Critter Canyon, Shanghai's take on a Critter Country/Frontierland mashup spread out over the formers 4.5 acres. The new land is framed along the back with a large mountain structure that holds the feature attraction Critter Canyon Coaster, a 36" height requirement family coaster with a longer track length than Slinky Dog Dash that utilizes the canyon space for several round abouts and down and backs along and through the canyon walls. Additional rock work within the space completes the canyon effect housing relocated dining, retail, a newly created play area complete with tunnels, slides, and critters sculpts that slightly overlaps the coaster structure, along with a new, no height spinner attraction carved out of another canyon wall.

images.jpg

Riders aboard the coaster should keep a watchful eye out for an easter egg from the defunct Toy Story Land in the form of Bullseye who can be spotted observing riders during the mid-point of the attraction from the canyon walls.

OSUPhantom

Mickey’s Hollywoodland

IMG_1100.jpeg

Mickey’s Hollywoodland would be a new section of Disney’s Hollywood Studios blending the park’s iconic “Golden Age of Hollywood” theme with the whimsical playfulness of Mickey’s Toontown. Anchored by it’s E-ticket, Animagic, an immersive dark ride that takes guests from a Disney Animation Studio into a collection of Disney’s best animation classics, a D-ticket boat ride paying tribute to Steamboat Willie and other classic Mickey Mouse cartoons, and a C-ticket flat ride themed a cab company run by Goofy. The land features heavily themed streetscape, unique dining and shopping options along with numerous characters providing streetmosphere and entertainment.

Bonus: Classic movie posters/billboards in the land will advertise short films based on Toy Story characters with appropriate costumes of the era.

Rock Wren

Muppet Babies: World of Imagination​

muppetbabies.png

New to Hollywood Studios, come and step into the joyful, silly, colorful world of Muppet Babies: World of Imagination. It is a mash-up of Toy Story Land and the never-fully realized Muppets Studios set in the imagined play sequences of the Muppet Babies show (2018). This land features a re-themed Slinky Dog Dash to Dragon Rider with Kermit, a retheme of Alien Flying Saucers to Muppet Babies Time Machine Spin, a new dark ride Piggy’s Hollywood Takeover (watch Piggy steal the spotlight in famous movies to disastrous results), and a new pirate-themed playground area as imagined in the show.

Bonus- In the imagined playground, Woody and Bo Peep are hiding on the lookout for left-behind toys.
pirateship.png

Solaris Knight

JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION
1713580788184.png

The Epcot Center classic makes its way to Hong Kong Disneyland as a complement to Mystic Manor by being more genteel and focusing on creativity, a 4.0 version using the classic Omnimover system and state of the art Animatronics for Figment and Dreamfinder, sure to introduce Chinese audiences to the lovable fellow himself, as well as the Imageworks and a Dim Sum resteraunt with a focus on customization
Bonus: During a room focused on how imagination has let us create new avenues of technology such as space travel, Figment can be spotted wearing a very familiar green and purple spacesuit floating in zero gravity
1713581141963.png

Miru

The Disney Channel+Afternoon Zone (witty name yes)

Replacing the WDSP version of TSL to provide Paris more unique areas, the Disney TV animation library takes center stage in this new land anchored by Flight of Goliath, a suspended coaster that goes over the entire land as a thrilling, somewhat mature set piece. Two dark rides also await; Star Vs. The Journey of Light and Gravity Falls Adventure, both based on popular recent Disney Channel series with their own followings and iconic characters, which are also present in a large meet and greet roster that also includes characters from other eras of TV animation. Speaking of which, even more are represented via the flat rides like Hekapoo’s Portal Dance or Eda’s Spinning Spell, dining options, and walkthrough attraction A Disney Afternoon Journey.

Bonus: On top of Booster being in the meetable roster, you can see a discarded Lotso in Bronx’s den while waiting in line for Flight of Goliath, some details implying that this is the Lotso, with his cane present.

Outbound

ABSTRACTLAND
1713554668465.png

Enter a subliminal fantasy at Hong Kong Disneyland's ABSTRACTLAND, an artful composition of colorful glass geometry & white planar clouds; where your favorite shapes & colors live as humanized characters. Starring a breakout new cast (like Squire Square 🟦🛡️, Trendy Triangle 🔺💅, or Crazy Circle 🟣🤡), this is a "kiddie land" for the park filled with interactive elements like at Super Nintendo World, using environmental storytelling & puzzles to educate younger guests basic colors and shapes. But that doesn't mean its not fun for all ages -- race on the fast-paced family coaster Rhomboid Rumble, hop on the trampoline-like flat Trapezoid Trapzee, spin around the Diamond Derby, or drop down Hexagon Heights -- or just grab a flavorful smoothie & meal at Rowdy Rectangle's, and stop by Octaves around o' Octagon to watch the Singin' Stars (a quartet comprising of 4-,5-,6-, & 7-Star).

--

Bonus: On the coaster queue, the Rocking Rhomboids ask guests shape trivia on 5-minute loop, at the end, Mr. Potato Head stops by and asks them what shape he is, after a few increasingly incorrect guesses, he gives up and says "I'm a potato, I don't have a shape".​

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
ABSTRACTLAND
View attachment 780359

Enter a subliminal fantasy at Hong Kong Disneyland's ABSTRACTLAND, an artful composition of colorful glass geometry & white planar clouds; where your favorite shapes & colors live as humanized characters. Starring a breakout new cast (like Squire Square 🟦🛡️, Trendy Triangle 🔺💅, or Crazy Circle 🟣🤡), this is a "kiddie land" for the park filled with interactive elements like at Super Nintendo World, using environmental storytelling & puzzles to educate younger guests basic colors and shapes. But that doesn't mean its not fun for all ages -- race on the fast-paced family coaster Rhomboid Rumble, hop on the trampoline-like flat Trapezoid Trapzee, spin around the Diamond Derby, or drop down Hexagon Heights -- or just grab a flavorful smoothie & meal at Rowdy Rectangle's, and stop by Octaves around o' Octagon to watch the Singin' Stars (a quartet comprising of 4-,5-,6-, & 7-Star).

--

Bonus: On the coaster queue, the Rocking Rhomboids ask guests shape trivia on 5-minute loop, at the end, Mr. Potato Head stops by and asks them what shape he is, after a few increasingly incorrect guesses, he gives up and says "I'm a potato, I don't have a shape".​
Future merch idea?
ScreenShot2021-11-22at5.35.02PM_1200x1200.png

AceAstro

The Grid
1713664580819.png

In the last few years, and into the future, Walt Disney Studio Park has gotten almost a complete overhaul (including to it's name) with Toy Story Land being one of the few lands left without an update, until now. Along with the release of TRON: Ares, the smaller land gets transformed entirely to a new indoor land of The Grid, from TRON; a completely indoor land to help guests escape the weather during the colder months. Entrances to the land include an ENCOM large door and Flynn's arcade while the interior of the land includes the Tron coaster, a flat ride on an identity disc, a Recognizer drop tower, the end of line club, and more.

Bonus:
Throughout the land, guests can find Disney characters hidden in TRON outfits to blend in, like Buzz Lightyear seen below.
1713664914639.png

Last edited:

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Starting a bit early! Players have about 20 minutes left to submit.
1713670081042.png

Walt Disney Animation Studios REBORN - @imagineer97
Props to you for writing the first pitch in the entire game- and setting the bar up real high! Aside from the rather underwhelming name for a family-friendly land, the idea you proposed really had me hooked at first glance- the surprising combination of Brother Bear, Stitch, and Mulan fused together and entwined into a single land just seemed so perfect in an “always meant to be together” way. All of the rides sound fun, but what really struck (while you didn’t mention this specifically) was the idea of the flora and fauna of three different regions mixed together- giant redwood trees, delicate bamboo, and leafy palms just peacefully coexisting together is why I would pay big bucks to see this land in real life.

+1 Bonus - Well somebody seems to be peeping from the bushes…

Neverland - @Disney Warrior
An actual pirate attraction for HKDL? A fantastical Neverland setting? Wow, you Imagineers are really pulling all the tricks in the catalog to entice the Guinea Pig. Having this mystical blend of the existing Fantasyland and Adventurelands make this a great “Beyond Big Thunder” entry, and while I can’t give many originality points due to Tokyo’s actual Fantasy Springs Neverland section, this feels like a dream project that Disney would actually do in irl, which could become another popular new area for the park. And the little addition of interactive experiences holds such a wealth of potential… great work overall!

+1 Bonus - “The land that Neverland replaced…” HELPP

Ant Island - @Brer Panther
This is a very daring and underrated IP you’ve chosen for an Asian country that probably holds a lot of emphasis on cleanliness and the destruction of bugs of all kinds… lovely! What I’m actually going to say about this is that this is finally a worthy Bug’s Land (or Ant Island) for the Disney Parks, with rides that actually seem fun. I haven’t actually watched a Bug’s Life, but I know the basic gist of what goes on in the ant antics, and the attractions you pitched are all good enough for super-furry-fans and unknowledgable families alike, which could be a popular draw. The Flight of the Bumblebee SUSPENDED coaster is my newest heartache, especially if they decide to put the actual Bumblebee song as the ride’s audio track!!!

+1 Bonus - I remember the miniaturized Bug land in Avengers Campus… oh how the tables have turned!

Roger Rabbit’s Hollywood - @Lord Fozzinator
Always love to see a Roger Rabbit-themed land in the forums, and your concept holds true to its name. The additions you mention, while being ideas that Disney has already thought of, prove that we still need to see them appear in real life! I’m pretty interested to hear more about what you mentioned on a Toon Lagoon- what would it look like? Is it similar to Universal’s?

+1 Bonus - Potato Investigator (P.I.)

Pixar Plaza - @spacemt354
YES! A CUSTOM MAP! A WORTHWHILE PIXAR PIER PLAZA! Although your pitch does seem to tweak around the rules a little bit, I love how you managed to seamlessly merge the new developments with the land, so I have no problems with it. More so, the “city street” theming with UP, the Soul Club (a jazz music bar in a family-friendly land!!!) and the others just make the ips feel like they were always meant to be together, like imagineer97’s pitch above. The Incredibles ride sounds… incredible!

+1 Bonus - Or more like… the Final Destination?

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1713670963275.png

Monstropolis - @Lizzy May Bee
Ironic how two pitches contain two Harryhausen’s back to back- that’s two dinner reservations for me! I think what kind of surprised me about this pitch was that there’s only one dark ride for the entire land- and probably a carbon copy of the one in DCA? Nonetheless, Monster’s Inc holds such much more energy and vibrancy that it will easily trump Toy Story. Nice job!

+1 Bonus - Are the toys technically early monsters too?

Celestial Peaks - @Evilgidgit
Pause. Ohmagosh. Just one look at your post and this is already one of my favorite ideas so far. I feel like your pitch truly calls out to the culture and diversity of China/Hong Kong, and it breaths the soul of authentically both Chinese and Disney. A realm with magical myths and stories that guests can relate too, spectacular rides, from a KUKA dark ride, zodiac carousel (Proud tiger here btw), and Aquatopia but with paper lanterns? I can see these soaring peaks, DELICIOUS foods, and ambient pagodas- Seriously your idea is so gorgeous and D-hulk-y, I will personally pour my money into funding this and making it a reality. Props to you!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

+1 Bonus - Mightiest of them ALL

Timeless River - @WaltWiz1901
Hmm… I can see the romantic retro-Mickey Toontown, theming, there's really no mention of water to justify the River in the name, but just a minor nitpick. WDW seriously needs a good and proper Toontown in its parks, and Timeless River is a perfect solution that’s a step up from Toy Story Land, with perfect rides featuring potential for stellar theming. I also have a sudden craving for hot dog diggity dogs!

+1 Bonus - RIP Woody 2024

Nature’s Bounty - @Disney-Universal Fanboy
Your first game- and already showing strong competition and potential for the future! But to give some honest feedback for improvement, Nature’s Bounty might be a step down from Toy Story Land in Shanghai because it’s actually the kid’s favorite land in the entire park (what I heard from insiders). This land is strong and cool enough to be its own land and not a replacement, because not many kids will love to see slinky replaced by an Earth Goddess. Great concept art too - your pitch proves that you have what it takes to be a creative and original player that can change the course of the forums!

+1 Bonus - To Infinity and Beyond…

Anything Can Happen Land - The World of Mary Poppins - @montydysquith-navarro
That’s a really big name to put in one’s mouth- now you’re just flexing! The imagination and splendor that comes with the classical Mary Poppins always makes it a lovely presence. At the same time, it’s probably not a super original concept on the forums, because I know countless users and their own takes on Jolly Holiday, but whimsical feeling of your pitch is why still Poppins always holds a place in my heart.

+1 Bonus - Marionettes with Crumpets and T

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1713671264520.png

Fiesta De Los Muertos - @Pi on my Cake
Un poco loco! Before I talk about your pitch, I want to first mention that Fiesta de Los Muertos literally means Party of the Dead. Pueblo would probably work better… Anyways, I love the color and culture of Mexico- Coco representation and the adventure of dying (oof) will probably help the convulsed mess regarding the ideals of… Adventure World?! The Alebrije retheme also sounds so fun and thrilling. Even the simple retheme of the land truly gives it another touch and feel more than the generic Toy Story.

+1 Bonus - Señor Buzz Churros

Critter Canyon - @Disney Dad 3000
My god the dedication of having a custom map like space just warms my paws… Shanghai Disney finally getting a Frontierland with characters and subtle authentically Chinese differences will be a crowd-pleaser. While I mentioned in Fanboy’s review about the park being a step down from Toy Story, the critter canyon coaster sounds SO fun that it makes the replacement worthwhile. Finally, the dedication of realism and attraction placement truly show a tangible land that seems just a drive away!

+1 Bonus - the new Goat to look at

Mickey’s Hollywoodland - @OSUPhantom
I sense that Roger Rabbit has been evicted from his property… anyways, compared to the other Toontown from this spectrum this is easily my favorite due to the words you contained in your sentence(s). Animagic is such a nostalgic delight- a Runaway Railway prequel of sorts! This is a Toontown that gives a way for kids to run wild but also for adults and the elderly to sit back and relax remembering the Mickey cartoons of old. Lovely!

+1 Bonus - The Sheriff and the Godfather

Muppet Babies: World of Imagination - @Rock Wren

Welcome to the forums! It’s always nice to see new armchair imagineers participating in forum competitions (in fact, my first post years back was for an old OSC). Your pitch is really fun, and dare I say it will finally clear up the old Grand Avenue for something new. Muppet Babies is an ip that is probably more kid-friendly than family-friendly, but Piggy’s Hollywood Takeover (along with Dragon Rider) is such a win that I am dying to learn more about the ride!

+1 Bonus - Baby Kermit proudly standing over all children

Journey Into Imagination - @Solaris Knight

Is that the name for the ride or the land? I had to do a double take too because that was Team Bird’s ride name for Citrus Dreamin‘ haha but continuing on, introducing Figment to Chinese audiences is something I agree needs to happen- achieve Dreamfinder’s dream to take over the world! But what I’m staring at in your pitch is the custom Dim Sum restaurant - why hasn’t this happened anywhere?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

+1 Bonus - I wonder whose suit…

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1713671709256.png

The Disney Channel+Afternoon Zone (witty name yes) - @Miru
I didn’t click the image link you posted in fear of it being a rickroll but it’s fineeeee. Your pitch for Adventure World is very ambitious and I’m scared if the ips you shown are popular in France. Yet Gravity Falls Adventure is there so any nitpicks do not hold against the perfection of Dipper and Mabel <3.

+1 Bonus - The Lotso Does Not Strike Back

Abstractland - @Outbound
I have met my soulmate in your pitch. This wild world of beauty - OH MYGOSH. Fresh characters (Trendy Triangle 🥰), beautiful and imaginative scenery, interactive elements, fun rides- you nailed it. On the point. This is just something with so much potential from its originality that Toy Story land feels like a ripoff of a Six Flags land. The names you choose are colorful, descriptive, and fun and I have absolutely no critiques to put! Excellent work sir. Now, let’s start a GoFundMe to get the party going…

+1 Bonus - He is a potato-shape

The Grid - @AceAstro
I’m kind of scared for the state of Paris - since when was an End of The Line Club family friendly ToT. The electric beauty of Tron still gets me sold if it helps to bring about the dawn of Adventure World. The indoor land note will make it a bit weird since the land is smack-dab in the middle of the park, though it makes a lot of sense with theming and weather. Will it really be big enough for an entire coaster, drop tower, and flat ride though?

+1 Bonus - Edit or not, Buzz = Beauty

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom