One Sentence Competition: The Prism of SYWTBAI (Finale launching soon)

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
May 9th, 2024

Ever since the internet outage, there is silence in the air. As I scramble around looking for an answer to who is behind this mess, I realize that the prisms in my room may be the cause of such destruction. Something, mortally, is wrong. The light, which hath refracted into different colors, have sliced the temporal fabric of reality itself. The air, instead of bringing solace I once had within me, is now damp and unusually bright. The prisms are a curse, a mistake, something I should never have done.

To treat this, I must spend the next few weeks devising a plan. A plan? I'm not sure, but I will soon. Fabricate this as a guise for an unexpected hiatus....

May 12th 2024
Players are beginning to wonder where I have gone. My mind, has gone mad. At some points I am forgetting what I have done just a few moments ago. As if reality is playing with me, this feels like something out of a Harry Potter book. Are the prisms a curse? I've been working a few chemicals to build something that can counterattack their effectiveness, but they are just so necessary if I want to let this "game" continue. Oh, but it is far from a game. A game?

It is one day from my birthday, and as a guinea pig, perhaps I am dying soon. If only there could be some solution. Wait- if I use the power of the prisms to radiate and control my own body... I heard something about that. I know that Hulk has experienced something similar.

May 23rd, 2024
What has happened? Distinctly I remember doing something called "Citrus Dreamin'", but never has there been a real life jungle cruise in this world. I am mortally confused. What am I doing? I know there has been some progress made in research. Gamma radiation, I heard, is electromagnetic wavelength of the shortest length, and that's whats coming from the prisms.

Worse, I fear that this may all be a curse. Ever since I stole the Hope Diamond from the Manor of Mysteries to create this prisms, I believed that I had wiped the curse along with it. But now the diamond and the prisms are taking control of me. The only solution is for me to control how I want it to be done.

June 1st, 2024
It was disastrous. For the past few days I have been fighting and clawing my way out of the darkness, filled with bits of "imagination." This imagination has fed upon my soul, yearning for growth, and being surrounding by so many powerful and imaginative minds in this "game," I am succumbing to the darkness. However, I have risen again. Haven't found anything about infusing my body correctly with radiation, but I'll have it after these reviews are finished.

Strange... is that a new prism? What is that? Has it always been there? Did I make it? It emits a positive kind of energy. Will it work?

The Prism of SYWTBAI...?
Hey, what's this, delete it immediately!

Who is this p̷͓̹̜̠̻̉́̓͐̂̈ë̶̺̗̦̂̈́̂̽͂̆̉͗̈̚͠ṛ̸̲̣̈́͋ͅs̸͙̱͇̫̫̥̩̙̅̀̎̉̄̋̈͌̔̊͂̑͑̓͠o̸̡̞̻͙̝͐̇̓ň̸͖̖̿̔͂̋͘͝?

June.

It all connects. Gamma radiation is not making me stronger. It makes me insane. The Prism of SYWTBAI is the only thing bring me back to reality. The prisms that I cut up into pieces have made them worse. Their refraction has caused me to once again lose weeks and weeks. I shall make some kind of brew with them. Drink it, maybe that will work. But what will I put in it? The users have begun something about horses.

Horses... HORSES!

This will be disgusting, but if I use 13 braincells of a horse, put it into the brew with a few tufts of my hair, the blood of the hope diamond, with the melt of crushed prisms, this could work...

And to test it,

I can hold horses. So many horses. Work this must. This must work!

July.

So, I can hold horses. I am sane now. I am a normal guinea pig, albeit with the ability to withstand light and imagination particles while being able to hold horses. Reviews are on the way! I am so blissfully jubilant- so happy! I have a new spurt of energy that will allow me to take this to the next level. SYWTBAI, here I come!

It seems that the players are a tad bit frustrated at me. This is all my fault, but I simply must march forward. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Is it just me or are the spectrum cards, which I have not been playing with, are becoming a bit distorted? So very strange. Must be a paranormal glitch in reality.

The 20th.
I thought it was all over. I thought I was free. Free to be myself, free to be a host, to judge, to smile, to laugh, to love all the imagination that these brilliant users have. But I am not free. Something is happening to me. Am I growing bigger, stronger? My mile time has decreased by a lot. This should be good... but something is wrong. My fur is becoming redder and redder. I fear something is happening to me. What was in that brew that made me like this. I am scared.

The 25th.
Back. Back I am. Reviews, reviews, reviews, another four hours gone.

August.

Everything is fine.

Ę̶̢̛̱͚̦͆̍͌͆͋̽̑́̊̉̍̉V̵̡̯̦͉̼̥̮͍̉͛̑̈́̾E̶̞̊͂̊̎̔́̚Ŗ̶̧̛̘̥̩͔͔̀̓̈́̂͋͊͗̉͂̎̅͝͝T̴̡̢̗̳̱͎̣͎̲͕̞̹̱͖͎̩̺͛͆̔̽͌͛̓̈́Ḩ̴̻͖̥̲̳̙̰̠̱̹̪̠̂͊̉̆̄̎͋̈́I̸̡̢̢̺̤̰̎̉̓͗̑̐͂̓̂́͂̚N̴̢̡̡̢͓͖͕̠̦̣̮̓̓̈́̔̆̿̐͘͜͜͜Ĝ̵̦̝̅̔͒̐̓͂́́̉̋̋̎̚͘̚.

I want to hack something. Hack, destroy, eliminate. I know just what to do. E14 is about to be complete...

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I believe the fate of the Imagineering forums is at stake. Good thing I have multiple armies at my disposal since I am a lord and I do have several magical objects that can pack quite a punch. My fortress is impenetrable, trust me I have tried. It also helps to have a high tech battle suit that I got from The Wisher’s master from my movie thread. If all comes to worse I may have a secret weapon that may be helpful.

Outbound

You know, it's pretty funny when both of you mention this because in all technicality;

I am the replacement.

Ace handed over the knife to me earlier this year because he was going to be busy for some time- yet funnily enough I had the same issues that I didn't anticipate having never actually hosted before. It takes me about four hours to write reviews, which isn't healthy, making me want to delay them as much as possible. Yet today I'm looking to post the final prompt, having thought about how I wanted it shown. Summer was a roller coaster, and the brakes were near... Bȕ̷̧͎̲̬͓̲͔̲͚̻̰̲̬́t̶̆͊͊͒͒͂͜͝ͅ t̷̫͚̙͙̱̭̉̅̈́̈͊̃̎̃̔́̾́̓̀̓̚ḧ̵̰̋̇͒̒͊̿̊̋̓̈́̓͐̓͠é̶̢̨̧̛̥̗̙̮͍͍̣̱̼͕̲͂̆͜͠ ̵̭̰͉̤̳̻͚̙̪̤͕͐̿͋̾͆̄͛̎͘͠t̵̡̗̝͕͔̗̹͎̹̱̤̦̠͈̏̍̔͑̔̿̈́̅̔̂͘͜͝ḩ̸̧̹͍̫͕̞̅͑̈́̈́͊̂̏̄͜͠ì̸̛͔̼̬̃̍̋̍̀̌́̉͝͝n̷͚͂̉͛̊̎g̴̛̟̅̽͋̊̀͘ ̷̯̜̠̭̑̀̓̿̆̔̋̿̒̆̈́͑̌̊̚i̷̲̦̖̫͎̼̅̋̔̅̊̃̒͛̕͘̕͜s̵̢͓̅̄̀̋̔̋̒͂͛...
Yea, it’s funny how that happens! I remember my first time hosting was One Little Spark S2, I ran into a similar issue. Reviews take a long time to make, especially because you want to make them detailed, fair, and released quickly. I know from the player’s side, there’s a lot of value to gain from a good review. It’s good to see your ideas and work appreciated, and I always want to reciprocate that engagement as a host.

But, these games also don’t exist in a vacuum, so when so many other comps are so punctual and detailed in their reviews / prompts, eventually it sorta unintentionally slides from exceptional to the expectation. Which made me hosting all the more pressured to write a lot, address everyone in the group project’s contribution, and leave no stone unreviewed. And since the projects were releasing at 9, oftentimes I’d try to one shot read and write reviews that night, which to that detail really isn’t sustainable.

Plus, the players keep upping their game and detail - I think there was one project in SA7 that hit 250+ pages! Even for OLS, there’s more and more players and creative methods to string along the 3-4 sentences allotted.

Ultimately, what I’ve come to realize is communication to the players is key. Even if you have to walk back on it midway through reviews and have a slight delay, what I’ve learned is just as you’re trying to get the reviews out, the players are uncertainly waiting without knowledge of what’s happening, and even if your working steadily on their reviews, are left with the impression the game is on hold. Unfortunately that can affect player engagement.

One piece of advice I’d offer - if someone submits early, write and save their review then! That only saved me a few hours for SA6-7, but for OLS you can get away with writing reviews piecemeal day by day, as folks will usually submit early throughout the week. That’s like 30 mins a day instead of 4 hours one night. There’s always the chance they revise, but what’s the worst that’ll happen? Just edit one or two of the reviews if it does. That way, you can keep a healthier balance while getting them out sooner.

But end of the day, just sharing whether it will be a few days, and then trying to stick to that / updating if you need more time goes a long way to improving the player / host experience!

Outbound

May 9th, 2024

Ever since the internet outage, there is silence in the air. As I scramble around looking for an answer to who is behind this mess, I realize that the prisms in my room may be the cause of such destruction. Something, mortally, is wrong. The light, which hath refracted into different colors, have sliced the temporal fabric of reality itself. The air, instead of bringing solace I once had within me, is now damp and unusually bright. The prisms are a curse, a mistake, something I should never have done.

To treat this, I must spend the next few weeks devising a plan. A plan? I'm not sure, but I will soon. Fabricate this as a guise for an unexpected hiatus....

May 12th 2024
Players are beginning to wonder where I have gone. My mind, has gone mad. At some points I am forgetting what I have done just a few moments ago. As if reality is playing with me, this feels like something out of a Harry Potter book. Are the prisms a curse? I've been working a few chemicals to build something that can counterattack their effectiveness, but they are just so necessary if I want to let this "game" continue. Oh, but it is far from a game. A game?

It is one day from my birthday, and as a guinea pig, perhaps I am dying soon. If only there could be some solution. Wait- if I use the power of the prisms to radiate and control my own body... I heard something about that. I know that Hulk has experienced something similar.

May 23rd, 2024
What has happened? Distinctly I remember doing something called "Citrus Dreamin'", but never has there been a real life jungle cruise in this world. I am mortally confused. What am I doing? I know there has been some progress made in research. Gamma radiation, I heard, is electromagnetic wavelength of the shortest length, and that's whats coming from the prisms.

Worse, I fear that this may all be a curse. Ever since I stole the Hope Diamond from the Manor of Mysteries to create this prisms, I believed that I had wiped the curse along with it. But now the diamond and the prisms are taking control of me. The only solution is for me to control how I want it to be done.

June 1st, 2024
It was disastrous. For the past few days I have been fighting and clawing my way out of the darkness, filled with bits of "imagination." This imagination has fed upon my soul, yearning for growth, and being surrounding by so many powerful and imaginative minds in this "game," I am succumbing to the darkness. However, I have risen again. Haven't found anything about infusing my body correctly with radiation, but I'll have it after these reviews are finished.

Strange... is that a new prism? What is that? Has it always been there? Did I make it? It emits a positive kind of energy. Will it work?

The Prism of SYWTBAI...?
I believe the fate of the Imagineering forums is at stake. Good thing I have multiple armies at my disposal since I am a lord and I do have several magical objects that can pack quite a punch. My fortress is impenetrable, trust me I have tried. It also helps to have a high tech battle suit that I got from The Wisher’s master from my movie thread. If all comes to worse I may have a secret weapon that may be helpful.
Looking back at the first page this season really took an… inspired direction 😅

Sneaky

June.

It all connects. Gamma radiation is not making me stronger. It makes me insane. The Prism of SYWTBAI is the only thing bring me back to reality. The prisms that I cut up into pieces have made them worse. Their refraction has caused me to once again lose weeks and weeks. I shall make some kind of brew with them. Drink it, maybe that will work. But what will I put in it? The users have begun something about horses.

Horses... HORSES!

This will be disgusting, but if I use 13 braincells of a horse, put it into the brew with a few tufts of my hair, the blood of the hope diamond, with the melt of crushed prisms, this could work...

And to test it,

I can hold horses. So many horses. Work this must. This must work!

July.

So, I can hold horses. I am sane now. I am a normal guinea pig, albeit with the ability to withstand light and imagination particles while being able to hold horses. Reviews are on the way! I am so blissfully jubilant- so happy! I have a new spurt of energy that will allow me to take this to the next level. SYWTBAI, here I come!

It seems that the players are a tad bit frustrated at me. This is all my fault, but I simply must march forward. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Is it just me or are the spectrum cards, which I have not been playing with, are becoming a bit distorted? So very strange. Must be a paranormal glitch in reality.

The 20th.
I thought it was all over. I thought I was free. Free to be myself, free to be a host, to judge, to smile, to laugh, to love all the imagination that these brilliant users have. But I am not free. Something is happening to me. Am I growing bigger, stronger? My mile time has decreased by a lot. This should be good... but something is wrong. My fur is becoming redder and redder. I fear something is happening to me. What was in that brew that made me like this. I am scared.

The 25th.
Back. Back I am. Reviews, reviews, reviews, another four hours gone.

August.

Everything is fine.

Ę̶̢̛̱͚̦͆̍͌͆͋̽̑́̊̉̍̉V̵̡̯̦͉̼̥̮͍̉͛̑̈́̾E̶̞̊͂̊̎̔́̚Ŗ̶̧̛̘̥̩͔͔̀̓̈́̂͋͊͗̉͂̎̅͝͝T̴̡̢̗̳̱͎̣͎̲͕̞̹̱͖͎̩̺͛͆̔̽͌͛̓̈́Ḩ̴̻͖̥̲̳̙̰̠̱̹̪̠̂͊̉̆̄̎͋̈́I̸̡̢̢̺̤̰̎̉̓͗̑̐͂̓̂́͂̚N̴̢̡̡̢͓͖͕̠̦̣̮̓̓̈́̔̆̿̐͘͜͜͜Ĝ̵̦̝̅̔͒̐̓͂́́̉̋̋̎̚͘̚.

I want to hack something. Hack, destroy, eliminate. I know just what to do. E14 is about to be complete...
Oh, so we’re doing evil doppelgänger’s now?
(Yes, I am aware of the theme of a lot of my recent imagineering and main rumor forum posts)

Attachments

• Untitled34_20240805180452.png
    Untitled34_20240805180452.png
    121 KB · Views: 22

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Oh, so we’re doing evil doppelgänger’s now?
(Yes, I am aware of the theme of a lot of my recent imagineering and main rumor forum posts)
Ok both versions of me really don’t like this evil doppelgänger (Yes, there is another version of me but we both cool now. Before, not so much.

cdunlap

Ever since I stole the Hope Diamond from the Manor of Mysteries to create this prisms, I believed that I had wiped the curse along with it. But now the diamond and the prisms are taking control of me. The only solution is for me to control how I want it to be done
You should've taken my Aztec mask! It bestows infinite blessings upon its owner for no price whatsoever!
IMG_4453.jpeg

cdunlap

Going through this thread, here are my thoughts!
Forget Mara, try to not look into those eyes
In the olden days, the Aztecs would conduct ceremonies in which they looked into their round obsidian mirrors for glimpses of the Other World and the future. (Think of them as Aztec crystal balls) If you look into the obsidian mirror eyes of Tezcatlipoca, the deity depicted by this mask, you will see the Other World, followed by your future.
Villa Bella Donna
The Lost Continent, Universal Islands of Adventure

mamma-mia-here-we-go-again2.jpg

As part of the reimagination of The Lost Continent, the Villa Bella Donna is set to rise in the currently unused amphitheater that housed The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad stunt show. Based on the cult classic franchise of Mamma Mia!, guests will be invited to celebrate the Mediterranean myths and legends that have inspired this "island of adventure" through food, drink, and of course, music! Throughout the day, local musicians and storytellers will go around the restaurant singing about the proud legends of this place, which then will culminate in a glorious medley of ABBA classics with some of the Mamma Mia! characters dressed in their finest 80s gear.

Bonus

portokalopita-orange-phyllo-cake.jpg

The villa's signature dessert will be portokalopita or orange phyllo cake, a traditional soft, fluffy, and sweet-yet-tangy cake from the Greek Isles.
I need this in my life!
Evl53201b_pic.jpg
Four Great Novels
at Gilroy Gardens

An ode to China’s “Four Great Novels” (Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Water Margin, Journey to the West, Dream of the Red Chamber), celebrating Chinese immigrant heritage in California and the impact these novels have had throughout East Asia and eventually the entire world via the ripple effects of pop cultural osmosis (Dragon Ball, Dynasty Warriors, Monkey Kid, etc), bringing together these beloved characters in an all-star dark ride. We start in Journey to the West, the most light-hearted and well-known of the four, as early as the ride’s queue, which gives the impression of illustrations of the books having come to life and surrounding us, educational plaques telling us about these stories as well, as Sub Wukong invites us to go on a magical cloud vehicle that seats six passengers, taking us through familiar destinations like the lair of the Ox King , where you see him busy managing a great fire alongside his soul brother, the Dinosaur King, while Zhu Baijie chases down a tumbleweed as Sha Wujing watches with disbelieving stare on his face, but then the Baigujing appears, sending us into darker territory, depicting brutal battles of the Three Kingdoms, where warriors like Lu Bu make their mark in combat, all to establish a new age, while we then see the bandits from Water Margin preparing to start a revolution themselves, leaving on scenes from Dream of the Red Chamber, before in a final room, getting to see Wukong again, trying to summarize some “runners up” among Chinese literature before we leave. Is about 8 minutes in length with a capacity of over 1,000 guests, and ends in a gift shop so you can buy the novels, including those mentioned by Wukong.

Bonus:
I’m partial to the original, raw story of the TMNT in all its tragic odds and ends, even if it ends with them all dead having lived rich and long lives, so there are four soldiers with identifying bandanas & weapons in the war scenes.
Oh my, this is amazing!
Bȕ̷̧͎̲̬͓̲͔̲͚̻̰̲̬́t̶̆͊͊͒͒͂͜͝ͅ t̷̫͚̙͙̱̭̉̅̈́̈͊̃̎̃̔́̾́̓̀̓̚ḧ̵̰̋̇͒̒͊̿̊̋̓̈́̓͐̓͠é̶̢̨̧̛̥̗̙̮͍͍̣̱̼͕̲͂̆͜͠ ̵̭̰͉̤̳̻͚̙̪̤͕͐̿͋̾͆̄͛̎͘͠t̵̡̗̝͕͔̗̹͎̹̱̤̦̠͈̏̍̔͑̔̿̈́̅̔̂͘͜͝ḩ̸̧̹͍̫͕̞̅͑̈́̈́͊̂̏̄͜͠ì̸̛͔̼̬̃̍̋̍̀̌́̉͝͝n̷͚͂̉͛̊̎g̴̛̟̅̽͋̊̀͘ ̷̯̜̠̭̑̀̓̿̆̔̋̿̒̆̈́͑̌̊̚i̷̲̦̖̫͎̼̅̋̔̅̊̃̒͛̕͘̕͜s̵̢͓̅̄̀̋̔̋̒͂͛...
p̷͓̹̜̠̻̉́̓͐̂̈ë̶̺̗̦̂̈́̂̽͂̆̉͗̈̚͠ṛ̸̲̣̈́͋ͅs̸͙̱͇̫̫̥̩̙̅̀̎̉̄̋̈͌̔̊͂̑͑̓͠o̸̡̞̻͙̝͐̇̓ň̸͖̖̿̔͂̋͘͝?
My eyes are shattered!
Don’t bring me into this!
Sorry, it was a mistake on my memory’s part!
This is getting insane!

305BF662-56FA-482F-B573-CF808EF84124.gif

Finale - Season 20: The Final Frontierland

We have reached the final spectrum of the entire game. This is your last time to spread the light of imagination around the world. Welcome, to the Final Frontierland.

-The Set Up-
In Mar 16, 2023, Tiki posted the final prompt for Season 20, the final season of the game. Centered around Disneyland, there was a simple twist, where players worked to create a Disneyland made up of defunct attractions from all across time, titled Legacy: A Disney Park. But what if we switch it up a little? Instead of building a park themed to Disneyland, we can theme it- to Disney's California Adventure. This prompt takes that idea and gives it a simple twist.

The Story Of The D.C.-Area Disney Park That Almost Was | DCist
Disney California Adventure - Wikipedia

DCA is without doubt a mess. It attempts to explore the state of California while shoving IP into every corner possible. But the idea of touring an entire region in a single park is pretty unique, it's a good concept that is sadly forgotten. In the last season of the One Sentence Competition, Pi's last prompt was about creating YOUR Disneyland. This time, it's time to create YOUR California Adventure- but without the California.

-Challenge-

Design YOUR Disney's [insert state, country, region, continent, etc. here] Adventure.

-Rules-
  • This pitch is NOT LIMITED to the DCA plot. Free feel to work anywhere you choose​
  • You can focus on the park's theme, what lands it has, or what attractions it has. It does not need to be too detailed...​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image.
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Sunday, August 11 at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time), abt four days from now
Reviews WILL BE POSTED either the day the deadline is due or the day after. If not, feel free to spam-ping my account until I post them.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Originality - In this criterion, I’m looking to see how unique or original a pitch is. Does it think outside the box?
Realism -Even though pitches can be cool, there must also be grounds for realism. Is your pitch generally realistic to happen?
X-factor - This criterion is simply a personal opinion. Does AGP like it, or is wowed by it?

BONUS #1: E-ticket Headliner
Every park needs its own headliner to draw in the crowds. Pitch your ideal headliner themed to either an ip fit for the area or themed to your park itself. You can add up to one extra sentence and image.
Texas Railroads & Trains | Passenger Trains & Polar Express

BONUS #2: Artistic Prowess
Add a piece of concept art for anything related to your pitch. It can be as simple as a logo to the complexity of a map You can add up to one extra sentence and image.
Bob Ross - Wikipedia

BONUS #3: Park Mascot
Who's the cool new park mascot on the block? Is it an existing character, someone original, or Mickey in fab new apparel? You can add up to one extra sentence and image.

Thank you for being a part of this game. I'll see you at the reviews!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom