One Sentence Competition: The Prism of SYWTBAI (Finale launching soon)

Solaris Knight

DISNEY'S NEW YORK ADVENTURE
1723333308702.png

This smaller boutique indoor park is part of an overall takeover of the New York New York Las Vegas resort by remaking it as part of a New York that never was, not just the city but the state. Manhattan of the 1920s acts as the shopping district and entrance, focusing on Italian and Jewish fare and having a Newsies production in the local Broadway theater acting as a permanent residency. There is an indoor water park area themed to the Finger Lakes region, complete with nearby wineries and a farmer's market food court themed to the region's local produce and a Coney Island land with flat but well-themed amusement rides.

Bonus 1:

MARVEL HEROES: MANHATTAN MADNESS
1723333769306.png

The E-Ticket of this park would of course be an indoor roller coaster themed to a team-up between Doctor Strange and Spider-Man (The comic versions, not the MCU) as Spider-Man needs Doc's help to deal with an attack on the city by Loki, with plenty of mystical mischievous mayhem on the way.

Bonus 3:

The ever-lovable and sleazy Muppet Rizzo the Rat would be the host of these proceedings, as the most New York Disney character and one obscure enough to slum it in a regional park.
1723333875454.png

Last edited:

Evilgidgit

DISNEY'S DORSET ADVENTURE
1723385154189.jpeg
This charming boutique park celebrates and explores the wonders and culture of my home county of Dorset, England, a quintessential rural landscape of history, myths, and tradition.

The lands include Good Fortune Quay, a 17th century harbour capturing the golden age of Poole's sailing trade, with a Pirates-esque ride based on the exploits of local pirate Harry Paye; Jurassic Coast, an exploratory area where guests can dig up fossils, or travel back in time to the prehistoric age (in a coaster); Roman Village, a recreated Roman hill fort where gets can shop, dine, attend plays, and train to be a legionnaire; Steam Square, a Victorian railway depot dedicated to Dorset's love for steam trains; and Corfe Castle, a replica of the ancient village, where a Bedknobs and Broomsticks flying dark ride awaits.

Other attractions include the Brownsea Island red squirrel sanctuary, pottery making classes, an exploratory frigate in the harbour, a haunted house based on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and numerous other activities.

Bonus #1: Mary Anning's Prehistoric World
1723385364344.jpeg

In Jurassic Coast, take a step back in time to a prehistoric landscape as imagined by famed palaeontologist Mary Anning, in a thrilling runaway train ride through caverns, volcanoes, forests, and even underwater!

Bonus #3: King Leonidas
1723386352606.jpeg

The proud King of Naboombu serves as the park's mascot!​

Last edited:

TheSquirrel

Disney British Adventure
1723412591159.png

After many years of fans wanting a park, and as a response to Universal beating out the established Merlin parks for attendance records, Disney finally bring a park to the UK but, with Paris nearby, instead builds a DCA style park. Each area is inspired by the UK and its culture, them including High Street (A Disneyfied and sterotypical view of a British town), Widderdale (The park's take on the more nature focused side of DCA's Grizzly Peak, being set in a fictional national park), and Pier Parade (A charming seaside town with arcades, theatres and a pier). Other areas include a small Cornish fishing village, the Scottish highlands of Brave, a medieval castle town with Tudor influences, a Mickey's/Muppets Christmas Carol interpretation of Victorian London and an area based off Mayfair in London to house Mary Poppins, Peter Pan, and the Great Mouse Detective.

Bonus 1 - The Britannia
1723412652653.png

Located in Pier Parade, Disney work with famed wooden coaster manufacturer GCI on Britain's tallest woodie, which also duels, mixing the old California Screamin with classic British woodies like the Blackpool lot.

Bonus 2 - Logo
DBA.PNG

Instead of using flags, colours or symbols, the DBA logo is refined to reflect the more traditional places shown in the park.

Bonus 3 - Bri & Jack
1723412742710.png

A corgi and a lion inspired by the characters Del Boy & Rodney from classic British sitcom Only Fools & Horses (PLEASE LOOK IT UP IF YOU DON'T GET IT!)

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
View attachment 806838

Finale - Season 20: The Final Frontierland

We have reached the final spectrum of the entire game. This is your last time to spread the light of imagination around the world. Welcome, to the Final Frontierland.

-The Set Up-
In Mar 16, 2023, Tiki posted the final prompt for Season 20, the final season of the game. Centered around Disneyland, there was a simple twist, where players worked to create a Disneyland made up of defunct attractions from all across time, titled Legacy: A Disney Park. But what if we switch it up a little? Instead of building a park themed to Disneyland, we can theme it- to Disney's California Adventure. This prompt takes that idea and gives it a simple twist.

View attachment 806841
Disney California Adventure - Wikipedia

DCA is without doubt a mess. It attempts to explore the state of California while shoving IP into every corner possible. But the idea of touring an entire region in a single park is pretty unique, it's a good concept that is sadly forgotten. In the last season of the One Sentence Competition, Pi's last prompt was about creating YOUR Disneyland. This time, it's time to create YOUR California Adventure- but without the California.

-Challenge-

Design YOUR Disney's [insert state, country, region, continent, etc. here] Adventure.

-Rules-
  • This pitch is NOT LIMITED to the DCA plot. Free feel to work anywhere you choose​
  • You can focus on the park's theme, what lands it has, or what attractions it has. It does not need to be too detailed...​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image.
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Sunday, August 11 at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time), abt four days from now
Reviews WILL BE POSTED either the day the deadline is due or the day after. If not, feel free to spam-ping my account until I post them.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Originality - In this criterion, I’m looking to see how unique or original a pitch is. Does it think outside the box?
Realism -Even though pitches can be cool, there must also be grounds for realism. Is your pitch generally realistic to happen?
X-factor - This criterion is simply a personal opinion. Does AGP like it, or is wowed by it?

BONUS #1: E-ticket Headliner
Every park needs its own headliner to draw in the crowds. Pitch your ideal headliner themed to either an ip fit for the area or themed to your park itself. You can add up to one extra sentence and image.
Texas Railroads & Trains | Passenger Trains & Polar Express

BONUS #2: Artistic Prowess
Add a piece of concept art for anything related to your pitch. It can be as simple as a logo to the complexity of a map You can add up to one extra sentence and image.
Bob Ross - Wikipedia

BONUS #3: Park Mascot
Who's the cool new park mascot on the block? Is it an existing character, someone original, or Mickey in fab new apparel? You can add up to one extra sentence and image.

Thank you for being a part of this game. I'll see you at the reviews!
Disney's Asia Adventure
Lantau Island, Hong Kong

asia-travel-1_1664456634.jpg

Welcome to Disney's Asia Adventure, where adventures begin with a capital "A"! Journey down the stunning sights and sounds of this beautiful continent, from the towering formations in China to the deep blue seas of Timor-Leste. Don't forget to sample some of the local cuisines and enjoy it under the stars!

Bonus #1: E-Ticket Headliner
"The Sea of Time" is an edutational boat ride that explores the linkages that each Asian country has with each other through the seas that connect them.

Ancient-Trade.jpg

Bonus #2: Artistic Prowess
For the first time ever, Disney has decided to have variations of the park logo written in a regional script from an Asian country to celebrate the continent's unique script languages:
Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 7.37.20 PM.png

Bonus #3: Park Mascot
Throughout the day, Mickey and Friends can be seen roaming around the park wearing the national dresses of each Asian country (e.g.: Mickey and Minnie wearing traditional Filipiniana wear).

FhxdgdtVUAADHIx.jpg

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
All of these are incredible! I have begun writing much longer reviews for this round, so expect them all to be posted on Friday. (fml) Take this time to submit before the game ends… this is an opportunity to catapult yourself up by 6 POINTS!

(Shoutout @Disney Dad 3000 and @Outbound are currently among the top 10 on the scoreboard, don’t want to ping anyone else who aren’t actively participating as much ;))

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

Disney Carolina Adventure
1723470368379.png

Spread across 80 acres in central North Carolina, a short drive on I 40 from California, Disney's newest park Disney Carolina Adventure takes guests on a journey through a variety of environs, history, food and entertainment that the state offers with all the thrills, chills and grills one can imagine. Mimicking the state's diverse regions that gradually change from the Appalachian Mountains of the west, on to the Piedmont and finally to the beaches and Outer Banks of the east, the park is laid out similarly with the 3 regions flowing into each other and all containing multiple mini lands of their own. Attractions ranging from a white-knuckle rapids ride through the mountains, embarking on your own Carolina goldrush adventure or taking flight with the Wright Brothers on Kitty Hawk are all interwoven with historical events and dining venues highlighting the varieties of local BBQ, brews and seafood that only the state can offer.

Bonus 1
1723467420801.png

Blackbeard's Revenge
This water coaster, a first for Disney, places guests aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge as they'll join Blackbeard and crew in a thrilling journey as they try to survive a battle at sea capped with a fast-paced passage through the Outer Banks treacherous waters that lives up to its Graveyard of the Atlantic nickname in a ride featuring multiple dark scenes and coaster elements.

Bonus 2
Carolina Adventure.jpg

Bonus 3
1723467686428.png

In lieu of a singular mascot, the park has a trio of characters, one for each region to represent each locale, with William Miner (pictured above) a jovial, if not absent-minded fellow who shares his misadventures from gold mining, that kids will love, representing the Piedmont.

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hey @Architectural Guinea Pig, I think you’re hosting this? Still working on the reviews? Not trying to rush ya, but are they coming along well?
I haven't found the time and energy to sit down for 4 hours writing reviews (once I start, can't stop). I'll try my best to write them in soon considering this is an official forum competition but just... not yet. Since there aren't any future prompts it all comes down to revealing the winner, who will pass down the hosting job for the next OSC. Thank you for reminding me!

I haven't found the time and energy to sit down for 4 hours writing reviews (once I start, can't stop). I'll try my best to write them in soon considering this is an official forum competition but just... not yet. Since there aren't any future prompts it all comes down to revealing the winner, who will pass down the hosting job for the next OSC. Thank you for reminding me!
No problem. Just trying to be a gracious soul in a world of evil.
If you don’t want to write them, could I just to the honor instead? Unlikely though

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
No problem. Just trying to be a gracious soul in a world of evil.
If you don’t want to write them, could I just to the honor instead? Unlikely though
Of course! Guest judges are a staple of forum competitions (very appreciated in the big ones like Magic Journeys, it allows competitors to gain an entirely new level of feedback). Feel free to do so, as it may influence my final decision too.

I’m going to write down some guest reviews. @Architectural Guinea Pig said it was okay.

IMG_0503.jpeg

Disney’s Ancient American Adventure - @cdunlap
For someone who absolutely LOVES ancient culture (that’s you btw), you did a really interesting prompt for ancient civilizations that are the Aztec, Mayans & Incans! The thing I found interesting about your pitch was the codes, like with the defunct decoder cards from Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland, these scattered around the park makes this stand out & I think it would be pretty fun trying to decode the massages (I would absolutely suck at it).

Bonus 1 - How long would it take to raft down all those rivers?
Bonus 3 - They’re a cutie!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom