One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun

Suchomimus

Great Pyramid Trek by @D Hulk
Well I did say bluesky and any park ;) Love the concept art, is this perhaps an early test screening of a future D Hulk project for the forums 👀
It had better be. I hate to see such wasted potential; especially as this is something that the Disney we all love would create, and something that the current Disney would never consider.

tcool123

Original Poster
OSC Results.png

Now onto the results! Once again it seems that when I let y'all shoot for the moon with free reign on pursuing the projects you must want to pursue y'all really go for it! I'm really proud of y'all for showing off the diversity of attractions, ideas, and themes you could create. Truly is a shining example of the forum's creativity! Now onto the moment we've been waiting for....the results!

OSC 4 - Honorable.png

This challenge's honorable mention goes to @OvertheHorizon and Parralax 1250! Early leaks do show the central hub being tied to space, the universe if you will and as such this attraction thematically matches the spinner and roller coaster we've seen in the concept art. However this attraction utilizes a very unique ride system that would be able to move guests in circular motions unlike anything offered at the parks right now. The story of the ride itself is part thrill part education much like other classic attractions such as the Horror Make-Up Show at Universal Studios and Test Track at Epcot. Good job, and great thinking on the ride system!

OSC 3 - Third.png

Landing in our Third Place spot is @Henry Mystic and their McDuck Mansion concept! Adding in an additional family dark ride with classic Disney characters and charm is essential for Walt Disney Studios Paris as it needs that Disney magic injection. The concept itself revolves around characters that have remained popular over the years, and contains a plot that would be easy to follow for the multilanguaged guests that Paris receives. Finally the various environments tied to Scrooge's treasures ensure for plenty of unique scenarios to unfold. I can see this attraction being the park's Runaway Railway in terms of being the touch of classic Disney magic it needs to feel rooted with the rest of the parks. Great job!

OSC 2 - Second.png

Landing in our Second Place spot is @Disney Dad 3000 with their TVA: Variants in Time project! This attraction bolsters the park with another attraction with a large amount of rerideability, and for Hong Kong to be successful it needs more attractions like that to continue to bring in the locals to bolster attendance numbers. This attraction pairs well with the existing attractions in Avengers Campus, and it gives the land an E-Ticket that is a true celebration of Marvel thanks to the variety of villains. Great showing this week!

OSC 1 - First.png

For this bluesky challenge, our Imagineer in first place is...... @Chaos Cat with their concept of Fire Emblem: Battle at Gronder Field! Their submission proves how successful some video game concepts can be transformed into memorable experiences no matter what the IP may be. The truel coaster concept is automatically an eye catcher for guests as it drums up kinetic energy for guests while further spreading out thrill seekers between the park's collection of already amazing coasters. The separate queues for each House ensures that guests understand more of the story of each track, and builds a stronger bond with the House they have chosen to ride on. Great job this challenge @Chaos Cat !

tcool123

Original Poster
Points.png

Here comes the great point distribution everybody!

28 (Tied). @ThemeParkPriest - 1
28 (Tied). @FulcrumSolo - 1
23 (Tied). @James G. - 2
23 (Tied). Henry Mystic - 2
23 (Tied). @Shannoninthemagic - 2
23 (Tied). @NateD1226 - 2
23 (Tied). @Honey Bee (Rebooted) - 2
21 (Tied). @MisterPenguin - 3
21 (Tied). @Hoopa- 3
19 (Tied). @Disney Dad 3000- 4
19 (Tied). @InspectorSpacetime - 4
15 (Tied). @DashHaber - 5
15 (Tied). @kmbmw777 - 5
15 (Tied). @mharrington - 5
15 (Tied). @Solaris Knight - 5
14. @DisneyFan32 - 6
7 (Tied). @Disney Warrior - 7
7 (Tied). @spacemt354 - 7
7 (Tied). @cdunlap - 7
7 (Tied). @TwilightZone - 7
7 (Tied). @Evilgidgit - 7
7 (Tied). @Brer Panther - 7
7 (Tied). @MagicKingdom4Ever - 7
3 (Tied). @OvertheHorizon - 8
3 (Tied). @Tony the Tigger - 8
3 (Tied). @MickeyMouse10 - 8
3 (Tied). @D Hulk- 8
1 (Tied). @Suchomimus - 9
1 (Tied). @Chaos Cat - 9

As we can see it is still anybody's game, as its possible to catch up to our two leaders and take the crown for yourself!​

tcool123

Original Poster
6.png

Grab your tickets imagineers as our sixth challenge is about to premiere at the One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun! For this challenge you're all tasked with creating a whole new nighttime spectacular hosted on the Chinese Theater in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

-Challenge-
Design a new nighttime spectacular hosted on the Chinese Theater in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

-Rules-
- You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.
- The deadline is Thursday, July 14th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Try to limit those run-on sentences. Propose as you please, and let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
View attachment 652118
Grab your tickets imagineers as our sixth challenge is about to premiere at the One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun! For this challenge you're all tasked with creating a whole new nighttime spectacular hosted on the Chinese Theater in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

-Challenge-
Design a new nighttime spectacular hosted on the Chinese Theater in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

-Rules-
- You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.
- The deadline is Thursday, July 14th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Try to limit those run-on sentences. Propose as you please, and let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!
THE HOLLYWOOD ADVENTURE
Spectacular
Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 1.23.20 AM.png

After an orchestra one-note introduction like Philharmagic, Jack Sparrow announces in smug fashion that "we have our heading," and the drones of The Hollywood Adventure take off with equal serenity to Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. Celebrating specifically Adventure Movies past and present and mankind's innate desire to explore, the firework display coincides with the opening of an Indiana Jones land at the park with the show featuring soundtracks--in chronological order through time periods--from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Raiders of the Lost Ark, & after the 'scary/intense' portion of the show finishing with Avatar: The Way of Water as an optimistic future; however, instead of focusing merely on projection visuals, they are only meant to complement the mindboggling drone display, limited fireworks, and serene film score arrangement.​

Last edited:

SplashJacket

f9e609024740562479a9be16ce8ee7cd.png

Hollywood Studios is proud to present: Mars Needs Moms: Baby Blast!

In this one-of-a-kind firework, laser, and projection spectacular, fireworks will launch all the way to space to provide increased depth when compared to your normal show, all the while providing a stunning tribute to the beloved Disney movie that undoubtedly served as a cornerstone in your childhood, making us who we are today!

Last edited:

Disney Warrior

Iger’s IP Spectacular

01F87C01-B281-41DB-89F6-FC4BC89F5F93.jpeg

Coming to Disney’s Hollywood (IP) Studios is a fireworks show celebrating the wonders of all Disney IPs! Watch as Mickey Mouse, Buzz Lightyear, Yoda, and SpiderMan (among others) hop out of portals to symbolize the popularity and wonder of their IP, Disney guests will surely love this corporate nighttime show!​

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

mgm.jpg

Hollywood Forever

More of a celebration of Hollywood Studios the park than the movies that Disney owns, Michael Eisner’s Opening Ceremony speech and video would be projected onto the Chinese Theater to set the mood:

The main show would start with the early days of the park and include such attractions as "The Great Movie Ride", "Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular" and "Star Tours", Then transition to the Areas and Characters of the time like the Backlot Tour, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Roger Rabbit and Dick Tracy, Part 1 would go onto conclude with Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem rockin it out.

The second part would move into the mid 90’s and beyond, Aerosmith would butt into Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem’s set with “Walk this Way”, Ushering forward the newer things that have existed at Hollywood during this time period, Attractions and shows like "Twilight Zone Tower of Terror", "Lights, Motors, Action" and "Fantasmic".

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Roger Rabbit's Hollywood Dreams N' Toons Nighttime Spectacular
Who Framed Roger Rabbit on Disney+ Is a Celebration of Classic Hollywood  and Classic Animation | GQ

Our Maroon Cartoon co-star, Roger Rabbit announces that he will bring his biggest fireworks nighttime spectacular as he invites all Toons of Toontown, and Celebrity Stars of Hollywood to see his show while his friend, Mickey Mouse is busy for his work for filming Fantasmic! as Eddie Valiant and Roger's wife, Jessica Rabbit are being Roger Rabbit's nighttime spectacular helpers. This fireworks spectacular will bring nightime of the movie magic of 1930s to present time like Steamboat Willie, The Jazz Singer, the Wizard of OZ, the Public Enemy, Fantasia, Singin in the Rain, The Searchers, Peter Pan to Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, Star Wars, Muppets, TRON, the Little Mermaid to The Lion King, Tarzan, Indiana Jones, Dick Tracy, to Frozen, Pixar films, Encanto, Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, and Avatar as the finale will be Who Framed Roger Rabbit, as things will goes wrong as Roger Rabbit will accidentally set all fireworks going crazy into the skies, not make Baby Herman very angry about destroying the filming set or Mickey Mouse gets upset about Roger's accidentally set fireworks since 1947 at Maroon Studios as Eddie Valiant will gets very angry too as he got blowed up by one of fireworks, as he saying "*coughs*....Toons.". This show will have fireworks, drone display, and laser effects.

Last edited:

cdunlap

The Great Movie Ride, in which clips from Footlight Parade, Singing In The Rain, Mary Poppins, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Alien, The Public Enemy, The Man With No Name, The Searchers, The Mummy, Disney’s Tarzan, Casablanca, Fantasia, Wizard Of Oz, and Steamboat Willie are screened upon The Chinese Theatre with Robert Osborne playing every role while guests are driven around in golf carts by Jungle Cruise skippers who make puns about every scene!

Last edited:

D Hulk

00014588.0.jpg

THE GREAT MOVIE SPECTACULAR!

All of Hollywood’s biggest and brightest stars are out tonight for a stupendous red carpet premiere extravaganza at the Chinese Theater celebrating all the glitz & glamour & timeless history of - what else? - the Hollywood that never was and always will be! Thrill to an explosive celebration of Hollywood Studios’ original creative goal, as fireworks & projection mapping & pyrotechnics guide you through a century of cinematic achievement, from the experimental works of George Melies, to the silent stunts of Harold Lloyd (the theater becomes a precarious clock tower), to raucous mid-century musicals, George Lucas’ boffo blockbusters, and beyond, with film footage culled from Disney’s and Fox’s extensive studio libraries!

D Hulk

Well I did say bluesky and any park ;) Love the concept art, is this perhaps an early test screening of a future D Hulk project for the forums 👀
It had better be. I hate to see such wasted potential; especially as this is something that the Disney we all love would create, and something that the current Disney would never consider.
tcool nailed it! I have been brainstorming and designing Disney’s Living History for some months now, as a follow up project to DisneySky. I wished to share a sneak preview of what I was working on. The park map (which is massive!) is still only in the pencilling stage, so we’re unfortunately a very long way from a final presentation-ready product. I’m very excited about what I’ve developed so far!

Suchomimus

tcool nailed it! I have been brainstorming and designing Disney’s Living History for some months now, as a follow up project to DisneySky. I wished to share a sneak preview of what I was working on. The park map (which is massive!) is still only in the pencilling stage, so we’re unfortunately a very long way from a final presentation-ready product. I’m very excited about what I’ve developed so far!
Is it near Disney Springs?

MagicKingdom4Ever

The Great Hollywood Experience
When night falls over the park, Grauman's Chinese Theater lights up with moments from iconic Disney movies. It starts out with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs before going on further with films like Mary Poppins, Toy Story, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, and more, ending with a big finale where clips from movies are projected all over the theater.

mharrington

Mouse-tro Mickey's Silly Symphony of Sorcery
1657463722304.png

As night falls on Disney's Hollywood Studios, the Chinese Theater comes alive as everyone's favorite mouse-tro takes the stage to conduct an orchestra of lights, projections and fireworks, all set to compositions from some of his classic cartoons! You'll hear and see everything from "Turkey in the Straw" (from "Steamboat Willie") and "Minnie's Yoo-Hoo" to "The William Tell Overture" (from "The Band Concert") to, of course, "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" (from "Fantasia")!

Disney Dad 3000

Fantasmic

Fantasmic.jpg

The longtime running, and popular show Fantasmic will be reimagined and relocated to The Chinese Theater, allowing the former Fantasmic theater grounds to be converted into a new major land expansion for the park, and breathe new life into the show putting guests into the middle of the action from the courtyard in front of the theater, down Hollywood Blvd and a new viewing area created at the Toy Story Land entrance with similar projections and more. No longer taking place in Mickey's imagination, the story kicks off with Goofy seen cleaning an odd-looking mirror and inadvertently releasing Maleficent's spirit as she takes over the dragon on the Chinese theater before her dragon figure rises up behind the main facade, seeking to trap Mickey, Minnie and gang within the theater and cartoon world as a trip through the Disneyverse ensues with her attempting to raise a huge villain army against Mickey and the forces of good, creating a grand spectacle via projections before culminating with numerous Disney dragons from Mulan, Raya and more turning the tide, helping to send Maleficent back to the spirit world with real life Mickey and Minnie making an appearance atop the theater.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom