One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun

DashHaber

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Technodrome Terror

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge_sjgh.jpg

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have finally arrived at Universal Studios Florida, in this high-flying mix of roller coaster and dark ride that'll have you yelling, "Cowabunga!". Hop aboard a Shellcruiser and join the "Heroes in a Half-Shell" in a battle against the forces of Shredder and Krang that will take you from the streets of New York to the heart of the Technodrome.​

cdunlap

Coming soon to DCA where the Wine Country is now (BSC to Sonoma Terrace), but using the buildings.

The Zhang Family Manor:
This is a fast paced humorous trackless shooter ride in which guests, who have gotten a briefing from a Magic Silk Screen, join forces with the Qilin on the silk screen to fight Jiangshi that have infiltrated the town of Anaheim by shooting light from a Magic Lantern gun. Expect to see jiangshi posing as the lost expedition on Jungle Cruise, Hitchhiking Ghosts in Haunted Mansion, Pirates on Pirates Of The Caribbean, Tiki Birds on The Tiki Room, Robots on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, The Dapper Dans, The 5 & Dime Gang on Buena Vista St, Pixar Characters on Pixar Pier, and tourists at Pacific Wharf.View attachment 651402
I expanded on this.

The Zhang Family Manor:
Guests queue through the gardens of a Chinese mansion in San Francisco’s Chinatown. Guests enter a room in the mansion with a silk screen that depicts a Qilin. The screen comes to life when 15 guests enter and the door to the house shuts. It says “Greetings, friends. I am the Qilin, protector of the Zhang family. Yanlouwang, the emperor of Di Yu, or the Chinese Netherworld, is seeking revenge on humanity for mining gold in his Californian domain, so he resurrects an army and transforms them into Jiangshi. I noticed this and I am making troops to help me fight Jiangshi in Orlando! Simply pull of the golden cord on them in front of you to release light from a Magic Lantern attached to your rickshaw that I shall lead. Be aware that Jiangshi are masters of disguise.” Guests release light onto jiangshi posing as the lost expedition on Jungle Cruise, Hitchhiking Ghosts in Haunted Mansion, Pirates on Pirates Of The Caribbean, Tiki Birds on The Tiki Room, Robots on Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, The Dapper Dans, The Citizens Of Hollywood on Hollywood Boulevard, Pixar Characters in Toy Story Land , and tourists at Galaxy’s Edge. The qilin ends the ride by saying “My eternal gratitude goes to you for helping me defeat those wicked Jiangshi!” Guests exit into the house’s gardens and cross a red bridge to exit. This doesn’t count as part of it.

mharrington

Pinocchio's Whale of a Voyage
1657247458639.png

Located where the Tomorrowland Speedway at the Magic Kingdom is now is a brand-new water thrill ride (milder than Splash Mountain/Tiana's Bayou Adventure, but wilder than Pirates of the Caribbean), themed to "Pinocchio"! Board a raft for a journey to join Jiminy Cricket as he helps Pinocchio escape the evil that is Pleasure Island and then save his father Geppetto from Monstro the Whale, culminating in a thrilling escape out of the whale's mouth!

MickeyMouse10

I expanded on this.

The Zhang Family Manor:
Guests queue through the gardens of a Chinese mansion in San Francisco’s Chinatown. Guests enter a room in the mansion with a silk screen that depicts a Qilin. The screen comes to life when 15 guests enter and the door to the house shuts. It says “Greetings, friends. I am the Qilin, protector of the Zhang family. Yanlouwang, the emperor of Di Yu, or the Chinese Netherworld, is seeking revenge on humanity for mining gold in his Californian domain, so he resurrects an army and transforms them into Jiangshi. I noticed this and I am making troops to help me fight Jiangshi in Orlando! Simply pull of the golden cord on them in front of you to release light from a Magic Lantern attached to your rickshaw that I shall lead. Be aware that Jiangshi are masters of disguise.” Guests release light onto jiangshi posing as the lost expedition on Jungle Cruise, Hitchhiking Ghosts in Haunted Mansion, Pirates on Pirates Of The Caribbean, Tiki Birds on The Tiki Room, Robots on Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, The Dapper Dans, The Citizens Of Hollywood on Hollywood Boulevard, Pixar Characters in Toy Story Land , and tourists at Galaxy’s Edge. The qilin ends the ride by saying “My eternal gratitude goes to you for helping me defeat those wicked Jiangshi!” Guests exit into the house’s gardens and cross a red bridge to exit. This doesn’t count as part of it.

Very creative, you really thought outside the box with this one. Gold Star for you! ⭐

Evilgidgit

A MEMO FROM KAIBA CORP

YU-GI-OH: FLIGHT OF THE BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON
desjq4c-ad517f87-2226-4a83-8345-e863d41f6498.png

Prepare to have your tiny minds obliterated with the latest attraction from Kaiba Corp, a launch coaster that takes the power and might of the "Blue Eyes White Dragon", propelling guests into the world of Duel Monsters, ancient kings, and the deadly Shadow Games. Using the latest in roller coaster technology and innovative genius of Seto Kaiba, this mindblowing thrill ride will blow away every other attraction at Universal Studios Japan, and proclaim Kaiba as the true King of Games!

In loving memory of Yu-Gi-Oh creator Kazuki Takahashi.

Kazuki-Takahashi-768x431-ded6.jpg

kmbmw777

Battle of the Eagle and the Lion
A Fire Emblem Three Houses Experience
1657322928673.jpeg

Replacing the Lost Continent at Universals Islands of Adventure is a new dinner show similar to the nationwide chain Medieval Time.
The show will take place inside a recreation of Garreg Mach Monestary and feature the three houses from the game performing various stunts including jousting, in which one house will be victorious each night.​

Chaos Cat

View attachment 651923
Replacing the Lost Continent at Universals Islands of Adventure is a new dinner show similar to the nationwide chain Medieval Time.
The show will take place inside a recreation of Garreg Mach Monestary and feature the three houses from the game performing various stunts including jousting, in which one house will be victorious each night.​
Me this round: "Hey, I'll make a Fire Emblem Three Houses attraction to make sure I don't copy someone else's idea by accident! No one else will think of that."
@kmbmw777: *makes a Fire Emblem Three Houses attraction*

(Okay, it's different enough from my submission to not be an issue, but I was still very tempted to post the Spider Man pointing meme)

MickeyMouse10

Cooool idea man! Disney should think about doing their own version of this. It would be perfect at Disney Springs and provide something different.

Last edited:

kmbmw777

Me this round: "Hey, I'll make a Fire Emblem Three Houses attraction to make sure I don't copy someone else's idea by accident! No one else will think of that."
@kmbmw777: *makes a Fire Emblem Three Houses attraction*

(Okay, it's different enough from my submission to not be an issue, but I was still very tempted to post the Spider Man pointing meme)
Haha, I have like 150 hours in that game - it's one of my absolute favorites. I really liked your use of it too!

Cooool idea man! Disney should think about doing their own version of this. It would be perfect at Disney Springs and provide something different.

D Hulk

C53D9350-B163-46D4-BA70-549B37655B2B.jpeg

GREAT PYRAMID TREK

At Disney's Living History, a proposed Fifth Gate for Walt Disney World currently being developed, guests can experience the full breadth and scope of World History in an immersive, historically-accurate new theme park filled with reenactors and time periods spanning from the Stone Age to the Middle Ages to the Industrial Revolution.

The Bronze Age era recreates the Old Kingdom of Ancient Egypt, headlined by scale reconstructions of the Great Pyramids of Giza at the time of their creation around 2,500 BCE, covered in glistening white limestone, accessible through sandstone causeways and holy burial chambers, and swathed in construction scaffolding which doubles as the track for Great Pyramid Trek, an Intamin prefabricated wooden roller coaster combining the theming Disney is known for with the ultra-smooth physical thrills of excellent coasters like El Toro and Balder.

tcool123

Original Poster
LOL, Welcome to my world Tcool. I'm always having to edit my posts because of Big, Old brain farts.

Maybe you need some sleep. You could always go to bed early tonight. It's simple... All you have to do is just give me the top spot and everyone else 2nd place. ... and Voila this round is over.
Hmmmm tempting but I think I’ll stay up for reviews and placing 😉

Suchomimus

elasmosaur.jpg

The Ancient Sea
As part of a major overhaul to Dinoland U.S.A., a new suspended dark ride that combines the ride system from 20K Leagues at Tokyo DisneySea and the impeccably detailed show scenes of Efteling's Droomvlucht has now occupied the plot of land where Dino-Rama once stood, with an ancient and imposing limestone plateau hiding the show building, a river lined with volcanic rocks separating the main path from the show building entrance and the queue going through a former dig site with several fossils and murals of sea creatures such as Elasmosaurus, Archelon, and Ammonite on display. The Dino Institute recently found evidence that this area was once an underwater paradise in the Cretaceous with the discovery of a diverse array of fossils and have decided to convert the mine into base of operations for time travelling submarine tours, allowing visitors to explore Dino-Land back when it was an undersea utopia teaming with powerful and unique marine reptiles, cephalopods, and fish and narrowly avoid the volcanic eruption that would cause their demise.

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
OSC Reviews.png

I typically don't point out whenever someone uses run-ons however I will note a few projects that were submitted for this challenge felt heavy on them. Please in the future try to not rely on run-ons as that allowance is meant to be cushioning for an accidental occurrence.

Minion Spin by @Disney Warrior
I'm personally a big fan of themed flat rides as they bolster a park's lineup, and often times add kinetic energy to a park. Given its theme and connection to a popular IP I could see this being popular with families and guests who like to spin. I will offer this piece of advice if you're feeling stumped I'd say sit on the prompt and give it time there's no rush to be the first nor is there any shame in being the last to post.

Batmobile Speed Chase by @DisneyFan32
Basing a new high speed thrilling attraction based off the successful Batman film makes sense, and it was neat seeing how you approached on replacing Marvel Superhero Island. With that said it is a shame to be losing the comic book aesthitic the land is known for, but this ride sounds fun.

Wasically Wabbit Wiver Wun by @Brer Panther
Flume rides are always fun and are a sure fire hit during the hotter summer months. The inclusion of various Looney Tunes characters was nice to see, and there were even some smaller characters like Pete the Puma alongside the usual cast of characters.

Disney's Storybook Dreams by @MickeyMouse10
This was a solid concept, and a great way to work in all of the princesses that relate to the castle. This feels like it would be a big hit with guests no matter their age given how elaborate the sets would be to accommodate for the slower and larger ride vehicles. Overall, a neat experience!

The Zhang Family Manor by @cdunlap
I'll let it slide this time as I didn't catch it earlier, but the sentence saying where the attraction would go would count as one of the two. Like I said I'll be letting it slide this time, but please in the future refrain from doing so. A trackless shooter dark ride sounds like a lot of fun, and to my knowledge at least has yet to be done so kudos to you on that. However, with Spiderman and Midway Mania being in this park a third shooter ride may seem like a lot to guests. I'm not sure if the project is tied to the IP, but the concept itself seems to be pretty original. The scenes depict a wide variety of iconic locales, and would likely lead to a fun time for guests.

McDuck Mansion by @Henry Mystic
It is my understanding that the DuckTales franchise has remained far more popular over the years in Europe so utilizing the European park as a home for the attraction was a smart play. Essentially limiting the ride to the core four characters may disappoint diehard fans ensure that in the future the story and characters remain recognizable as Scrooge and the nephews are some of Disney's most recognizable classic characters. Having this attraction work as a version of Mystic Manor also fits within the IP, and would make for many varied environments in a setting that works.

Fast Fast Go Go Vehicle Fun Maker by @SplashZander
Unfortunately this project is three sentences, but very creative. I really enjoyed the visuals it took me back to my days as a youth when I too enjoyed to play in my park's local sandboxes, and soar on the swings. The various shapes surrounding the track in the image clearly shows off the dedication to the cosmic theming with splashes of color representing nebulas, and of course there being a star and a bolt of plasma present help in setting the theme.

Mecha Bowser Chase by @TwilightZone
Did I get walled here when I played Mario Sunshine? Yes. Do I think this being transformed into an attraction would be a fun and iconic time for fans of the franchise? Also yes! This ride while simple effectively recreates one of the more iconic moments in 3D Mario history, and as speaking from experience spinning coasters are very fun (Cobra's Curse and Cosmic Rewind are both a blast). The FLUDD water cannons are an added detail that gives an extra of fun for guests, and something very memorable for guests to do while queueing.

Parralax 1250 by @OvertheHorizon
This is a very interesting concept, and one that reminds me of Epcot with it being an interesting and fun ride system while also being educational. It would be interesting to see the planet from these various time periods, and the ending while a bit dark would be a memorable moment for guests.

Fire Emblem: Battle at Gronder Field by @Chaos Cat
I'm all for Lost Continent rethemes, and I think the fantasy IPs from Nintendo would work great at Islands as they would really mesh well with the existing park. Having the attraction be a triple launched dueling coaster is a great way to not only boost the park's capacity, but to stay true to the source material of the video game given the warring three houses. A duel is technically is for two, and a truel is for three ;) . With all that said this would make for a great addition at Islands, and bring satisfaction to those who miss the near misses of Dragon Challenge.

TVA: Variants in Time by @Disney Dad 3000
The TVA and the world it set up around it allows itself for quite literally any Marvel adventure one could want in a park, and this pitch takes full advantage of it. Given how Hong Kong relies more on the local crowd that its Chinese sister Shanghai having a rotational cast is a smart play as it encourages guests to return more frequently. The utilization of the omnicoaster is nice to see as it will greatly increase a guests enjoyment of the ride, just look at Cosmic Rewind!

The Practically Perfect Adventures of Mary Poppins by @MagicKingdom4Ever
Nice to see this attraction in multiple parks as this ties well into the realism of Disney trying to spread R&D between the three resorts, and thus saving everyone all money. The utilization of kites as pulling guests along through the ride is unique, and something that is iconically Mary Poppins. Mixing the best of both films also ensure for the ultimate enjoyment of all guests as it covers the bases of if a guests has only seen one or both films.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Technodrome Terror by @DashHaber
The turtles would feel perfectly at home in the New York section of Universal Studios, and while still fantastical fits in much better than the Mummy rollercoaster. Allowing for guests to see these icons of the 90's battle out with some of their most iconic villains would be a great time for guests, and given that the franchise is still kept relevant thanks to various series and films (with one coming out this August) I'd say this is a good fit for the modern and ever changing Universal Studios.

Pinocchio's Whale of a Voyage by @mharrington
I'm all for the replacement of Tomorrowland Speedway given how it's an eyesore, takes up space, and doesn't have the best of capacities. This new attraction aids in adding some water to this area of the park and thus life, and would allow for a high capacity attraction to be added to the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland breezeway which would help with guest distribution. The scenes chosen to be represented from the film are great for a ride adaptation, and the drop out of the whale's mouth woud likely be an iconic Disney moment.

Yu-Gi-Oh: Flight of the Blue Eyes White Dragon by @Evilgidgit
Right off the bat this is one of the more recognizable Yu-Gi-Oh cards given its legacy and prominence from the franchise's beginnings. Housing this attraction in Universal Studios Japan makes sense given how strong of a presence anime and other aspects of Japanese pop culture has over the park. The launch coaster aspect matches well with Kaiba, and would likely thrill fans of the franchise as well as those who once played when they were young.

Battle of the Eagle and Lion by @kmbmw777
Not going to lie when posting this prompt did not expect to see one let alone two Fire Emblem: Three Houses projects! With that said you both have gone on to show how diverse a land based on the property could be having two completely different attractions. Medieval themed dinner shows have proven to be very popular, and giving the parks one would be a guaranteed money maker with plenty of guests drawn just by the concept. The IP tie in is just the cherry on top that further elevates the project!

Great Pyramid Trek by @D Hulk
Well I did say bluesky and any park ;) Love the concept art, is this perhaps an early test screening of a future D Hulk project for the forums 👀 A wooden roller coaster has never been done before at a Disney park, but here it feels natural with the wooden aspect playing into the way the pyramids were built. The scale pyramids as well make for a great thematic addition to the ride.

The Ancient Sea by @Suchomimus
Replacing the Chest & Hester area with a high quality themed dark ride like this one is a smart idea as it gives the park an accesible dark ride that has a large capacity; bonus points for it not being a tacky carnival on the former backstage pavement. The time travelling subs are a nice way to tie this back into its sister ride Dinosaur.​

tcool123

Original Poster
Tcool’s nearly 2 hours late for reviews (again). You can still hurry and submit yours, he might give you leeway.
Hey technically speaking I never gave an official time my reviews would be out, but yeah these last few challenges I have been busy taking care of my grandmother who has been in and out of the hospital these last few weeks. This has impacted the usual prep I do for reviews, but I still try to get them out quickly :)

Suchomimus

Hey technically speaking I never gave an official time my reviews would be out, but yeah these last few challenges I have been busy taking care of my grandmother who has been in and out of the hospital these last few weeks. This has impacted the usual prep I do for reviews, but I still try to get them out quickly :)
Oh, man. I wish I had known that sooner. Hope things get better for you and your grandmother.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom