One Sentence Competition Season 6, Episode 3 - California Adventure

Brer Panther

-Challenge-
Design a new E-ticket attraction for Tomorrowland, that will begin the process of making Tomorrowland more cohesive.
Alright, let me see what I can do...

Robot Ruckus
1617541883706.png
A wild mouse coaster in the dark, Robot Ruckus takes guests on a madcap tour of the eccentric N. E. Matronic's robot factory, where robots, droids, and animatronics are whipped up in the blink of an eye - many of whom still have a few bugs in them but are eager to show off their skills to visitors. The attraction exits out into a gift shop where guests can design and build a robot themselves.

Disney Dad 3000

Aquatopia

Seabase Omega.jpg

Taking over the land currently occupied by Autopia comes Aquatopia inside a floating city affectionately named Sea base Omega as a call back to Epcot's Sea base alpha. The attraction comes as part of a rebrand of Tomorrowland into The Cities of Tomorrow, dividing the land into 3 sections with futuristic cities based in Space, Underground and at of course at Sea. Merging with the next door, Nemo's Submarine Voyage, the show building offers several walkthrough experiences but is highlighted by a futuristic gocart attraction that finds drivers piloting sleek electric pod-like vehicles across multiple levels above and below sea level inside the city structure in a one of a kind experience.​

Solaris Knight

1617660357971.png

ALIEN: SALVAGE CREW is a trackless dark ride where guests are cast as scavengers sent by Weyland Yutani to recover valuable parts, including Xenomorph DNA. But, something has survived.... and guests will have to come face to face with the sleekest but most horrifying monster in movie history in this spiritual successor to Alien Encounter. Afterward, guests can regroup in WEYLAND YUTANI SUPPLY STORE, selling science fiction and horror merchandise with easter eggs throughout the store to other Fox properties, including literal Xenomorph eggs pulsating in the neon lights of the store.

ThemeParkPriest

The “Year on Mars” Omnimover ride uses Mission:Space as a jumping board as guests see the day-to-day experiences (including work, exercise, eating, and recreation) of the 7-month flight to Mars. Inspired by the 20th Century Fox movie The Martian as well as the former Horizons attraction and Mission to Mars show, guests next observe the space shuttle landing and then explore the land of Mars. Through diary recordings and associated scenes, guests will experience the joys and sorrows of a year on Mars and the hopeful return to Earth.

NateD1226

gonna pull a pix and turn something in at the last minute lol

Journey Through Inner Space

1617669532782.png

This brand-new E-Ticket attraction, using the new technology that will be featured in Avenger's Campus E-Ticket attraction, will take guests on an exciting adventure where they can explore different planets in space while learning facts about the places they visit. The genius who created this new, exciting technology is Dr. Meteorite who wanted to help people that visited Tomorrowland travel to space efficiently. Dr. Meteorite will help guide guests on their journey through inner space.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
tenor.gif

SPACED OUT
View attachment 544813
Since Tomorrow-Land has always been more of a space land to me than a future land, I propose a ride where guests board a rocket & travel throughout the galaxy where they see both galactic beauty & galactic antics in a fun space-themed dark ride that acts as an entertaining ride for all ages.
A galactic space adventure would fit nicely as the ying to the yang of Space Mountain, especially as a dark ride!

SEA CASTLE SUBMARINE VOYAGE

View attachment 544816

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is rethemed to the Sea Castle Submarine Voyage, embarking guests on an excursion into the 22nd century. Peer into windows of Sea Castle to see citizens living life as fully as they would on the surface, or look outside to find scientists working alongside nautical flora and fauna for aquatic experimentation. End the voyage with a trip down the Marinas Trench, where you come face-to-face with a newly discovered species!​
Very cool callback to Horizons Sea Castle (where is @Mickeynerd17 lol) Very neat and would bridge the gap between old fans and new ones.

ADVENTURES THRU THE MICROVERSE

snow_crystals.jpg

Once again board your Micromobile and shrink ever smaller as you journey through a microscope and into the infinitesimally minuscule world of the Microverse, receding inside the molecules of a melting snowflake all the way to the mesmerizing, psychedelic realm of quarks, electrons and beyond!

With Star Tours’ purpose complete thanks to Galaxy’s Edge, Disneyland reintroduces original concepts to Tomorrowland...with respectful reference to both their old Adventures Thru Innerspace and Epcot’s famed Microverse pavilion, filtered through the newest ride technologies and the latest scientific discoveries!

This state-of-the-art microscopic dark ride voyage utilizes suspended enclosed vehicles, much like those on Tokyo DisneySea’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, to fully immerse guests in the shrinking experience, while an artful combination of practical sets mixed with LED fiber optic lighting and projection mapping serves to realize a Microverse beyond your wildest imagination!​
Ooh a Microverse tie in, Adventures Thru Innerspace was one attraction on the bucket list of 'wish I rode it' - I very much prefer that style of Tomorrowland so it would be nice to see this be the transition that takes guests back to that era.

THOR: THE BIFROST

View attachment 544822

Taking the place of the poorly underused Carousel Theater, this family launch coaster sends guests for a thrilling ride on the legendary Bifrost! Along the way are spectacular views of Sakaar, Jotunheim, London, and of course, Asgard itself!​
Wasn't expecting the Marvel route, but this could open the door to more mythology and a timeless Tomorrowland, something that the land needs!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Realm of Exploration​

B0oQHrj.png

Replacing Star Tours is an out of this world experience where guests board a rocket ship that zooms straight into the future! Guests go through randomized scenes of space, futuristic landscapes, and even callbacks to long gone Tomorrowland rides and Horizons.
Nice to rid of the IP especially considering Star Wars' massive presence on the other side of the park! Similar to Honey's this is more of an exploratory attraction it seems, nice and slow calling back to the attractions from yesteryear.
Interstellar: A Cosmic Voyage

Protoplanetary-disk.jpg

In the grand tradition of Tomorrowland's journeys into space, Interstellar: A Cosmic Voyage is a lightspeed simulation through the Solar System and beyond. In our interstellar pods, we leave Earth and sail across the stars, passing by our beautiful Moon and neighbouring planets, through the asteroid belt, pass by Voyager 1, and out into the unknown reaches of space. Each ride experience is different from the last (ala Star Tours), so the adventure can vary, taking us within the reaches of a black hole, follow Hailey's Comet, or journey to the furthest reaches of space, in a dazzling experience like no other!
I really like how you described this one! It feels like a perfect blend of sci-fi and realism in the Solar System. Nice job!
TIME RACERS
View attachment 544896

As part of Tomorrowland’s evolution into Space Colony XI, which is set in a distant future where humanity expanded beyond Planet Earth as the exploration of the cosmos moved forward, get ready to enjoy a new adventure taking over Autopia.

After Space Colony XI was founded, the Timekeeper was created to keep the memories of the past and ensure a bright future for humanity; however, when the time compass gets lost, you’re recruited by the Timekeeper himself to race across time and space to find it before it falls on the wrong hands.

Time Racers is an expansive storytelling roller coaster inspired by the same technology behind TRON Lightcyle Power Run, Time Racers is coming to Tomorrowland in 2024.
I really like how this ties in different aspects of the story of Tomorrowland, mixed with old characters, as well as adds more thrill to the park! It also replaces the Autopia, though I'm not sure how the monorail factors into that as well as the old Peoplemover track, but nevertheless I'm intrigued by this concept!
The Adventures of Tom Quantum!

swkoveecmbievagvjpaa.jpg

Autopia is gone to make way for a brand new dark ride adventure straight out of a classic Raygun Gothic pulp novel, as guests visiting the historic Galactic Alliance Celebrations find themselves caught in the middle of astro-hero Tom Quantum's latest battle against the forces of Warlord Zarlak!​
Again, Autopia would to me, as much as I love racecars, in DL in particular would be a great place to start in restructuring the theme of Tomorrowland, as it gives ample space to star fresh. This is quite the interesting choice!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
JET PACK ACADEMY
View attachment 544987
Serving as the new "weenie" of Tomorrowland that guests see when they enter Tomorrowland, the Jet Pack Academy's building points guests eyes to the skies just like where most of the ride takes place. In this dark ride, guests will ride on a KUKA arm ride system where they will fly high into the skies of the futuristic metropolis. The ride concludes with a police chase, where Chief Tomorrowland Police Officer Rihms attempts to gives guests a ticket for interrupting sky traffic.
I like the originality there! I also am intrigued as to the new weenie of Tomorrowland and how/where that would be when they enter Tomorrowland. Would it be from the Fantasyland side or off Main Street? Still nonetheless a Jet Pack attraction would be quite the thrill!
Quest For The Undiscovered Planet

Replacing Autopia, A new interactive dark ride about a journey to a new planet with hostile aliens to shoot on it.
Good job replacing Autopia and an alien attraction on a distant planet would signal a more sci-fi element in a potential new Tomorrowland.
Alright, let me see what I can do...

Robot Ruckus
View attachment 545042
A wild mouse coaster in the dark, Robot Ruckus takes guests on a madcap tour of the eccentric N. E. Matronic's robot factory, where robots, droids, and animatronics are whipped up in the blink of an eye - many of whom still have a few bugs in them but are eager to show off their skills to visitors. The attraction exits out into a gift shop where guests can design and build a robot themselves.
Wild mouse coaster is a bold choice, but one I think is very ingenious! Especially with the mechanical feel to this attraction, there's something about wild mouse that feels robotic as it is - so kudos here!
Aquatopia

View attachment 545533

Taking over the land currently occupied by Autopia comes Aquatopia inside a floating city affectionately named Sea base Omega as a call back to Epcot's Sea base alpha. The attraction comes as part of a rebrand of Tomorrowland into The Cities of Tomorrow, dividing the land into 3 sections with futuristic cities based in Space, Underground and at of course at Sea. Merging with the next door, Nemo's Submarine Voyage, the show building offers several walkthrough experiences but is highlighted by a futuristic gocart attraction that finds drivers piloting sleek electric pod-like vehicles across multiple levels above and below sea level inside the city structure in a one of a kind experience.​
I like how you mentioned Nemo here and the integration - this feels like a brilliant blend of both what exists in Tomorrowland currently and a new direction with better visuals and story - nice job!

Sharon&Susan

I like the originality there! I also am intrigued as to the new weenie of Tomorrowland and how/where that would be when they enter Tomorrowland. Would it be from the Fantasyland side or off Main Street? Still nonetheless a Jet Pack attraction would be quite the thrill!
To answer your question from Main Street, with the former Astro Jets structure coming down to prevent it from being hidden to most of Tomorrowland.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
View attachment 545557

ALIEN: SALVAGE CREW is a trackless dark ride where guests are cast as scavengers sent by Weyland Yutani to recover valuable parts, including Xenomorph DNA. But, something has survived.... and guests will have to come face to face with the sleekest but most horrifying monster in movie history in this spiritual successor to Alien Encounter. Afterward, guests can regroup in WEYLAND YUTANI SUPPLY STORE, selling science fiction and horror merchandise with easter eggs throughout the store to other Fox properties, including literal Xenomorph eggs pulsating in the neon lights of the store.
An an Alien Encounter comeback was something I was curious to see if anyone would do - while it might not be the most realistic in this day and age, I'd be a fan of something like this making a return, especially with the Fox acquisition.
The “Year on Mars” Omnimover ride uses Mission:Space as a jumping board as guests see the day-to-day experiences (including work, exercise, eating, and recreation) of the 7-month flight to Mars. Inspired by the 20th Century Fox movie The Martian as well as the former Horizons attraction and Mission to Mars show, guests next observe the space shuttle landing and then explore the land of Mars. Through diary recordings and associated scenes, guests will experience the joys and sorrows of a year on Mars and the hopeful return to Earth.
Oh wow this is unique! A whole year on Mars depicted through an omnimover. Definitely a callback to classic Epcot style entertainment and quite the transition for Tomorrowland moving forward.
gonna pull a pix and turn something in at the last minute lol

Journey Through Inner Space

View attachment 545594

This brand-new E-Ticket attraction, using the new technology that will be featured in Avenger's Campus E-Ticket attraction, will take guests on an exciting adventure where they can explore different planets in space while learning facts about the places they visit. The genius who created this new, exciting technology is Dr. Meteorite who wanted to help people that visited Tomorrowland travel to space efficiently. Dr. Meteorite will help guide guests on their journey through inner space.
Naturally with a username like mine, I'm a big fan of space - though I must say are we going to outer space or inner space? Lol because if we're going to different planets it's probably outer space. Though I'll chalk it up to a last minute submission - thanks for the idea!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
As we go on in this One Sentence Competition I will probably be a broken record in saying this was extremely tough to separate with so many good ideas. And I will definitely chicken out and have multiple people getting each award in future rounds. But for now I did my best to narrow it down to one each! With that said...

Ps5WGu1.png

@DashHaber !
While it definitely wasn't on my radar, you certainly went an interesting route with your style choice and that deserves recognition!

L30Y5yp.png

@Sharon&Susan
Thanks for the clarification, but I really enjoyed how yours would redefine the 'skyline' of Tomorrowland - that to me is a great way of resetting Tomorrowland for a new era!
zihTg3C.png

@Disney Dad 3000
Very unique concept in combining much of what made old Tomorrowland and Epcot great, while morphing it into a new era with nuanced tech - and a great visual as well to supplement the text!

DrRz15D.png

@Evilgidgit

I thought yours was a perfect blend of realism mixed with spacetime adventure and truly encapsulates a Tomorrowland that is sustainable as well moving forward as space will always be the final frontier for humanity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom