One Sentence Competition, Season 6, Episode 1 - The Soft Reboot

Orange Cat

7CCBEF72-FACB-4FD9-B280-49A857A21C17.jpeg

Launching Whenever It’s Ready (Or At Least Half Ready), The Haunted Mansion Online Welcomes Guests (Who Are Dead In The Game But This Does Not Support The “You Are Dead“ Theory) To Party With The 998 Other Happy Haunts (Whether Their NPCs Or Other Players (Though That Many Players On One Server May Not Be Good For The Frame Rate)) As They Decorate Their Living Space, Play Mini-Games, & Show Off Their Fashion Skills (Even Though Your Incorporeal In This Game (There Ghost Clothes, I Guess)). While All May Seem Like Fun & Games In The Mansion, Some Ghosts Are Left Unrest & Will Attack You In “Chaotic” Zones (With ToonTown Style Turn-Based Battles), Leading To A Story Of You Trying To Help The Other Spirits Accept Their Fate. When THMO Comes Out We Hope You’ll Enjoy Your Stay At The Haunted Mansion.​

:Bonus: Using Pepper’s Ghost “Animatronics” (AKA Slightly Moving Figures (so they can easily be removed once Disney shuts down servers & lays off everyone who worked on the game)) Of The Enemies Can Be Seen Throughout The Attraction (Mainly In The Ball Room Scene Though) Tying The Attraction(s) & The Game Together.

NateD1226

Imperial Officers: Off Duty

1603064097052.png

This new 8 episode Disney+ comedy series based off Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will put you right in the halls of the Star Destroyer as you join Imperial Officers in their daily lives when Kylo Ren isn't around. The series will crack jokes based around the malfunctions in the Star Destroyer (aka malfunctions in the ride), some playful jabs at the Resistance, and some based on the Star Wars franchise itself.

Bonus: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will now feature a moment in the 3rd pre-show where two imperial officers recite some lines from the show before Kylo Ren comes on screen.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Big Thunder Mountain

e6ce07e22b029ad3829f762105301056.jpg

Scott Chandler, great-grandson of famed miner Jason Chandler, has always been fascinated by his ancestor's last sally: settling a town and mining company on Big Thunder Mountain, which fell victim to a fatal earthquake. Not only that: he has heard that all of Jason's wealth lies on that mountain, and he decides to go after it to restore his family's poor state. But can he do so whilst avoiding the thwarts of Barnabas T. Bullion IV -- great-grandson to the greedy tycoon Jason worked for -- who wants the fortune for himself?

InspectorSpacetime

Tapestry of Nations

Tapestry of Nations is a series aimed at young children (Disney+’s core demographic) which explores each country featured in the World Showcase. Each episode combines traditionally animated musical segments, Adventures By Disney ”ambassadors” exploring the culture alongside citizens and natives, and children of the world enjoying the country’s Epcot pavilion while highlighting new Kidcot activities. The show is guided by the principles of edutainment, with enough colors and songs to keep children’s attention, enough cultural learning to keep parents and babysitters guilt-free, and enough multi-vertical synergy to bring a tear to Iger's eye.

McCullough2.jpeg

Bonus: As part of making Epcot “more Disney, more family friendly,” Tapestry of Nations tie-ins will include a new Tapestry of Nations parade (more of a dance party centered on the Ports of Entry gift shops) and a completely redesigned Kidcot experience with crafts stations, meet and greets, games, and activities.​

DashHaber

The Haunted Mansion

sdliru23-613x345.jpg

Coming to Disney+ from Patrick McHale (creator of the acclaimed miniseries Over the Garden Wall) comes an animated anthology series based on the iconic attraction, where the Ghost Host introduces chilling tales of people who wander in and encounter some of the many 999 happy haunts that call the Haunted Mansion their new home.

Bonus: References to the show can be added into the ride by way of animatronics of some of the people who wandered in, such as adding to the attic scene the person unlucky enough to cross paths with Constance Hatchaway.​

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Propose a new Adaptation of a theme park ride!
This can be a Movie, a Disney+ Series, or a Video Game.

You can use any ride or attraction as inspiration, even ones that have been adapted before as long as you have a new take on it.
If you want to adapt to something other than those three mediums, you'll probably be fine to do it. Just ask!

Question, can we adapt a never built theme park ride? Or does the ride have to have been built?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
@ExoWareMasses - you might enjoy playing in this event!
Yes! I know I've seen you around DisneySKY, this might be a fun way to get more involved! @surfdawg you're Frigth Night thread shows a lot of outside the box thinking that could make you a great fit for this game!

The current round is quoted below along with the bonus for it! The next round starts just after midnight!
Scene Six
The Box Office of the Caribbean

6aTCN8L.png

You're an aspiring Imagineer in an elevator with Disney's CEO, Bob Chapek. You overhear him on the phone talking with Imagineers about a problem in the parks.

-The Problem-
Bob Chapek just finished reading the copy of "Business Buzz Words for Humanoid Potato Men" that Bob Iger gave him as a gift when he became CEO. He learned two things!
Money and Synergy!
One of Disney's biggest successes both in terms of "money" and in terms of "synergy" is the Pirates of the Caribbean film franchises. But after the disappointing 4th and 5th films, that synergistic cash cow has been about milked dry. And other attempts like Country Bears, Haunted Mansion, and Tomorrowland didn't really connect with people.

5e8c9131dcd88c4681156127

There isn't much time left in this elevator ride, but now is your chance to impress the Big Cheese and propose a solution that will earn you a place in the Imagineering Hall of Fame!

-The Prompt-
Propose a solution!
Propose a new Adaptation of a theme park ride!
This can be a Movie, a Disney+ Series, or a Video Game.

You can use any ride or attraction as inspiration, even ones that have been adapted before as long as you have a new take on it.
If you want to adapt to something other than those three mediums, you'll probably be fine to do it. Just ask!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture.
The deadline will be at 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, October 20th

-Tips-

K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly.
This is an elevator pitch, not a full project!
It isn't about more detail, it is about the right details!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

giphy.gif

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

This game sure has found a nice rhythm in the first half.

Wouldn't it be interesting if someone big, angry, and
GREEN came in to add a twist to it?

enhance

Using a single sentence (and NO pictures), propose how your movie concept can be incorporated back into the original attraction.
(Like Captain Jack Sparrow appearing on the Pirates of the Caribbean rides.)

Whether you do the bonus or not will have absolutely NO effect on the main prompt's winners or the medals. BUT the best bonus will get 1 Bonus Point towards the overall rankings!​

tcool123

Figment

mb_character-figment_launch_2x

In this live action-animated hybrid musical adventure, a child and Figment, his imaginary friend, become the best friends on wild and wacky adventures until the child's father tells him that this made up nonsense must end. The child runs away into his imaginary world, and Figment and the father team up to reunite the two; along the way Figment teaches the dad the wonders of imagination and childhood fun. At the end the father and son apologize, and Figment says his goodbye to the two as they're millions of families that need to be reconnected once more.

HULK BONUS

The Journey Into Imagination will finally get is long awaited overhaul, and be turned into a musical imaginative journey reminding adults of the fun and memories of their childhood.​

Disneylover152

Beastly Kingdom

1603245721007.png

In this alternate version of Earth ruled by dragons and unicorns, a beastly twist on the classic tales between good and evil will be brought to the big screen, as the never built Animal Kingdom land comes alive as Disney's newest animated film.

When Licorne the Unicorn gets swept up in a beastly battle between the two realms and ends up in the evil realm, miles away from her Grotto in the realm of good creatures, good fortune shines on her when she meets a troll named Joy, a creature from the bad realm who was abandoned by her family for being too good, who offers her help.

Together, the two creatures embark on an epic adventure with mermaids, Centaurs, and more before coming face to face with the greatest challenge of their lives- a one on one battle in the Dragons Tower facing off with Bete the Dragon, all to reunite Licorne with her family.

Bonus: The remnants of the never-built Beastly Kingdom in Animal Kingdom will be redesigned to match the characters and settings from the movie, such as a Licorne the Unicorn section in the parking lot and Bete the Dragon featured in the parks logo.​

DisneyManOne

The Haunted Mansion

sdliru23-613x345.jpg

Coming to Disney+ from Patrick McHale (creator of the acclaimed miniseries Over the Garden Wall) comes an animated anthology series based on the iconic attraction, where the Ghost Host introduces chilling tales of people who wander in and encounter some of the many 999 happy haunts that call the Haunted Mansion their new home.

Bonus: References to the show can be added into the ride by way of animatronics of some of the people who wandered in, such as adding to the attic scene the person unlucky enough to cross paths with Constance Hatchaway.​
I have my own idea for a Haunted Mansion movie. Didn't want to share it here, because it would be a bit overdone -- and I think even giving a basic gist of the plot would have exceeded the sentence limit -- but maybe I'll share it at some other point.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
XWZSs8I.png

@TwilightZone - Snow White 2: Snow White's Scary Adventure
Probably the single most out of the box idea (at least as of when I'm writing this review around 9:30. I gotta write early to get reviews posted at midnight, but I find that if I write too early it starts to effect my judgement. 9:30-10ish is the sweet spot for me). I'm surprised you didn't take this chance for a feature film adaptation of Steps in Time but you had some bigger plans here (Though still tying into the best musical sequence of either version of the show of course). Unfortunately, the Eisner era of DVD sequels has kind of soured any chance of a sequel to classics like this being taken seriously. But honestly a sequel that leans into the darker side of this story that the ride always focused on is an intriguing idea. It's tough to picture though since the original was so incredibly representative of that era of animation that I'm not sure it would even be possible to do a proper follow up.

@Evilgidgit - Phantom Manor
Crimson Peak was such a weird movie but with such an amazing style, tone, ambiance, atmosphere, and cinematography. You take that and use it to tell the story of the darker/less cartoony haunted mansion found in Paris and you have a real winning combination. You have a simple ghost story setup here. The type that works because it sounds like more of a story with ghosts rather than a standard ghost story. A really great adaptation. Of course, a movie based on a version of Haunted Mansion with influences from a Del Toro movie is not the most outside the box. But you do put some unique twists here to set it apart.

@Brer Panther - The Country Bears
I adore this being in the same art style as Robin Hood and Jungle Book! That would work so well for these characters! And just in general this is a fantastic choice for an old school animated musical! The characters from that show have stood the test of time (mostly, this movie could be a good chance to fix the one or two things that are a bit too dated) and it would just be fantastic. Only issue is that they don't really lend themselves well to a story. You mention them going on tour, but that's less of a story and more of an activity. Though for just a pitch this is a really strong start for a fun movie!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom