Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 11-
HANNAH MONTANA:
SUPERSTAR LIMO
View attachment 510560

The Disney Channel original tv show "Hannah Montana" will be coming to the Disney Parks in a black box dark ride format, bringing you on a wild limo tour of Los Angeles as you are on your way to her big "Best of Both Worlds" concert at the Staples Center.

On your way to the concert, pass by Rico's Beach Hut where you can see Jackson and Rico, get advice from Miley's Aunt Dolly as well as pass by crazy fans before you eventually reach her concert and get to sing dance to the music, with similar vibes to the Heffalumps and Woozles scene in Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

The black box format works best for this spiritual successor to SuperStar Limo as the screens and the trackless vehicles throughout the attraction will really make you feel like you are riding through Los Angeles, as well as this attraction brings an obscure IP to the parks in a temporary format that will make all Disney Channel fans go crazy!​

A bit too goofy, but DCA works really well for goofiness and something temporary like this is the right place to get a little crazy. Plus, as I mentioned in a lot of my reviews, trackless rides lend themselves really well to dancing and as weird as it sounds, a Superstar limo spiritual successor with a strong focus on music could be amazing actually! Not realistic, but realism isn't a big factor in IP choice for the Black Box prompt this one is for. Only real complaint is that the environments might be a little too low key and underwhelming for a regular dark ride, much less a projection heavy one. But overall I actually legit kinda like this even if I think it was written half jokingly! You made the weird project work and pulled it off!

+0.5 Points!

Are we getting reviews on our Catch Up prompts? I'm fine either way, just wondering.

Yes

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Final Round is due tonight!
At midnight EST!

(I considered delaying cuz of the political stress going on, but it's looking like things will be close enough that will be a factor Friday too. Plus, this round was already double the length)
The 1SC will be one thing we can be certain of knowing the winner tonight!

NateD1226

Prompt 1- The Future of Tomorrow

1604592962145.png

This new, small parade brings guests into Tomorrowland for the Future of Tomorrow mini parade where guests can experience the fun of dances from dancers dressed in retro outfits, characters from movies like Wall-E, Meet the Robinsons, etc, and a few small floats that showcase the greatness of Tomorrwland.

Prompt 2 - Emilie’s Food Search

1604593031721.png

In addition to the France Pavilion and Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, Emilie’s Food Search will bring an AA Emilie, that uses a hidden actor to interact with guests, to have guest help him find all the food he dropped in the kitchen.

Prompt 3 - Animators of the Future

1604593138917.png

This new interactive walkthrough attraction allows guests of all ages to come and learn about the world of animation with quick 5 minute drawing classes, a history of Disney Animation, and even a software that lets guest animate their own characters.

Prompt 4 - The Yeti Shack

1604593264193.png

Join Disco-Yeti’s nicer cousin Johnny as he opened up shop in a wooden cabin for guests to try all of his amazing Himalayan themed cuisine

Prompt 5 - Fish-Friendly Sharks Bash

1604593341781.png

The Fish-Friendly Sharks gang from Finding Nemo have decided to throw their anniversary bash of being fish free at Typhoon Lagoon where you can learn about fish in the sea, play games related to sharks, and catch projections of the sharks around the waterpark

Prompt 6 - The Glacier Beyond

1604593464206.png

This new light water slide will take guests through a light show like no other as they zip through the blue and purple LED lights representing a glacier.

Bonus 1 - Nighttime Drive In

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort is gaining some new bungalows that are themed to drive in movie theaters that help bring more charm to that area

Bonus 2 - The Tropical Lounge

A new restaurant themed to the lively, lush tropical land of Florida with Southern and Soul food being served to all guests.​

pix

#01 Propose a new Nighttime Parade for the Magic Kingdom
image (1).jpg

Mickeys Holiday Lights is Magic Kingdoms newest nighttime Christmas Parade, bringing all of the shimmer and shine of Main St. Electrical Parade with a Peppermint Twist.

#02 Propose a new Character Experience for Epcot
image.jpg

Friend-bot roams around Future World teaching science and making friends to all the curious guests.

#03 Propose a new Walkthrough Attraction for Hollywood Studios
image (2).jpg

Take a walk down Candy Cane Lane as guests watch the history of Disney and Christmas unfold, from the first Holiday specials to the amazing events the parks hold during the season.

#04 Propose a new Table Service Restaurant for Animal Kingdom
image (3).jpg

Take a bite on the prehistoric side at OmNomNomNivore Eats, where the menu splits the Carnivores from the Herbivores and the Jurassic from the Cretaceous in Dinoland USA

#05 Propose a new Summer Party for Typhoon Lagoon
IMG_20201105_194627034.jpg

Join Miss Adventure on all her wacky misadventures this summer as fellow S.E.A. members join Typhoon Lagoon for an interesting (and only slightly cursed) party.

#06 Propose a new Water Slide for Blizzard Beach
IMG_20201105_194631790.jpg

Become a falling snowflake falling down
down
down this enclosed tunnel slide as it spirals and zig zags down the uneven path of a winter snowflake.

Hulk Bonus: Pix got tired, no have energy for bonus. Please accept visual representation of my mood right now and no smash.

mood.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
#01 - Adventures Across America
rivers-of-america-tom-sawyer-island-walt-disney-world-thomas-woolworth.jpg

With the future reskin of Splash Mountain to Princess and the Frog, the Rivers of America will host a new nighttime boat parade featuring the stories of Disney characters that originate in the Americas, starting with floats of Princess Tiana and Davy Crockett, some lesser seen characters such as Brother Bear, The Fox and the Hound, Oliver and Company, and culminating in a whimsical finale float entitled 'Colors of the Wind' with Pocahontas.

#02 - Plaza de la Familia

As Epcot adds attractions on the west side with Ratatouille and Mary Poppins, an expansion of the Mexico Pavilion brings the Land of the Dead, to life, with an outdoor interactive meet and greet experience with Miguel's family including Coco and Héctor.

#03 - Sid's House
latest

Given the current expansion of Pixar in Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney: One Man's Dream is replaced with a Pixar Showcase, a rotating walk-through, particularly inclined for the Halloween Season to drive interest to the park, with Sid's House; a walk-through attraction through ominous makeshift toys, with the haunting displays and creepy sound effects, this offers a more adult option for guests who wish to have some of the hauntings experienced at Universal Studios.

#04 - Valley Greens उपत्यका साग
b0a33bdff6ee9784ce5752d8963e6802.jpg

Located in the heart of Asia, this Nepali inspired restaurant blends in with the surrounding queue of Expedition Everest and offers guests a nuanced mostly vegetarian-inspired menu, featuring the national dish of Nepal, Dal bhat, a lentil stew with rice, and roti flatbread with curry, signifying a dedication in Disney's Animal Kingdom towards vegetarianism while also adapting the popular local Buddhist dining habits as well.

#05 - Tortuga Typhoon

The Black Pearl, Jack Sparrow, and his fellow pirates have docked in the Lagoon for a Pirate 'vacation' of pillage and plunder, with themed bar drinks, pirate 'quests' throughout trails in the park, and nighttime festive music for all to enjoy.

#06 - The Everglide BobsledsView attachment 510973
As an expansion to Blizzard Beach away from the crowded Mt Gushmore, the Everglides was an expansion to the ski resort that was scrapped with the snow began to melt, but here it began to turn to ice, creating a thrilling bobsled 'water-coaster' with banked turns, slippery drops, and heart-pounding inclines, adding a much needed additional multi-rider flume based family attraction to the park.

Bonus #1 - Nautical Point Bungalows at Disney's Yacht Club
With the growing expansions of Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot, Nautical Point Bungalows will be situated on Crescent Lake and provide guests with an ideal location between two parks, Disney's Boardwalk, and a variety of Epcot Resort area dining and entertainment.

Bonus #2 - Boca Cove
Inspired by the southeastern sophistication of 'Boomtime Boca' (1920s Boca Raton), this fine dining establishment will be in the heart of the town center and represent a bygone era, with menu items ranging from the famous Boca seafood delicacy, mahi mahi, among other coastal delights, that blend in seamlessly to the transitional history story of the Floridian inspired-Disney Springs.

Added in the remaining submissions

Disneylover152

#01 Propose a new Nighttime Parade for the Magic Kingdom
ElecTRONica on Parade!
1604638423661.png

The popular ElecTRONica from Disney's California Adventure is brought to Magic Kingdom in a parade format to celebrate the opening of Tron Lightcycle/Run, with 6 unique floats, Paint the Night energy, and three show stops in Frontierland, Liberty Square, and Main Street.

#02 Propose a new Character Experience for Epcot
Snow White's Daring Tale
1604638463006.png

A new "Enchanted Tales with Belle" like experience for kids will be coming to Epcot's Germany Pavilion, where guests can walk through the forest before dancing and meeting Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, with a special appearance from the Old Hag as she offers you a taste of her apples.

#03 Propose a new Walkthrough Attraction for Hollywood Studios
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Hyperia
1604638497834.png

A new Indiana Jones walkthrough experience through the abandoned temple "Hyperia" will be next to the Epic Stunt Spectacular, where guests can wander through the temple and avoid booby traps, get "lost" in a maze, as well as dodge snakes!

#04 Propose a new Table Service Restaurant for Animal Kingdom
Harambe Eatery & Musical Revue
1604638535007.png

A new dinner show and table service experience will be opening up in the Africa section of Disney's Animal Kingdom, giving guests an hour 360 experience as an ensemble of Harambe's residents performs a revue bringing African Culture to life!

#05 Propose a new Summer Party for Typhoon Lagoon
Moana
Watercolors
1604638775755.jpeg

A new daytime summer party will be coming to Typhoon Lagoon, with new food, entertainment and meet & greets bringing Moana's village to life in Typhoon Lagoon during the daytime.

#06 Propose a new Water Slide for Blizzard Beach
Avalaunch Water Coaster
1604638774786.png

Join a group of Mountaineers as you hop aboard a raft and ride Blizzard Beach's most themed water slide as an Avalaunch occurs, using practical effects on the lift hill, causing you to abort the mission and go down the world's longest and fastest watercoaster.

BONUS #01 - HOTELS
A new deluxe resort bungalow section, with both land & water bungalows, will be added to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort south of the Skyliner Station, in the form of the Dominican Republic.

BONUS #02 - DISNEY SPRINGS
Mindy's Melody Diner will be coming to Disney Spring's West Side, bringing singing and dancing waiters to this 1950s music-inspired diner, serving great American classics for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!​

Last edited:

D Hulk

HULK SMASH BONUS REVIEWS!
enhance

Welcome to the Grand Finale! To give the proper sense of build, we'll be starting tonight with Bonus Reviews and building to the main event.

BONUS #1 REVIEWS - HOTEL BUNGALOWS

Once again, please forgive my shocking, unforgivable lack of firsthand Walt Disney World experience in advance...

Savana Stilts
@tcool123
Jambo House and Animal Kingdom Lodge both have always intrigued me the most out of Disney World’s many hotel resorts, for their unique savana setting and their African cultural inspiration. You have chosen very wisely. The stilt-level savana views - I’m picturing giraffes on balcony level - simply extend what already entices me. This will be tough to beat!

Lion’s Den Bungalows
@Brer Panther

Okay, while I’m the sort of nutball who would actually try sleeping in a cave with lions (or bears, for that matter), obviously this isn’t meant to be serious. Did tcool steal your idea? Sorry, not much to say about this one…

Nautical Point Bungalows at Disney’s Yacht Club
@spacemt354

Oh, I could’ve guessed you’d go with the Yacht Club! You score big “realism” points here by describing the why of these bungalows, with many nearby expansions. What exactly the bungalows look like, that’s not so clear. They’re on the lake - nice - but are they houseboats? Huts like at the Poly? Lighthouses? Inquiring minds want to know.

Supercalifragilistic Bungalow
@TwilightZone

Do they do uniquely-themed suites such as this at Art of Animation? If not, they totally should! Guests are always clamoring for more Disney worlds, more Disney characters, and perennial favorite Mary Poppins forever needs more love. The chalk world look might be tricky to duplicate in architecture, but it would be fascinating if doable. Let’s premiere this alongside Epcot’s Poppins attraction.​

D Hulk

Pirate’s Hideaway
@DashHaber

Avast, me hearty! This be a fine way to be beddin’ down for ye night after a hard day o' plunderin'! As ye be knowin’, maybe, I be a big fan o' mutiny and…

Look, is normal English okay? Fine!

This is a super fun idea, one which fits its resort well. It seems to tow the line between bungalows as I picture them (basically a different form of high-end hotel experience) and the more deeply immersive lodging of that Galactic Starcruiser. So it’s maybe not what I was looking for, but it’s definitely intriguing and full of promise.

Bayou Bungalows
@DisneyManOne

Right off the bat, you’ve BROKEN HULK’S RULES and used images for your bonuses! Cheating isn’t allowed here...this isn’t a presidential election!

That aside, this is a cute idea. An appropriate bungalow style for its resort. Your description doesn’t elaborate much except that they “blend styles of both resorts,” giving little concrete material to review. Perhaps a mention of specific New Orleans neighborhoods like the Garden District with its wrought iron fencing and old plantation charm - you know, evocative descriptions - would’ve helped out.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Podships
@InspectorSpacetime

It’s a little hard to judge this since the actual Starcruiser has yet to reveal itself. You’re playing into what we know about the planned resort, with the immersive storyline-driven experience and everything, which is very much spot-on. I’m not sure if bungalows exactly work with the outer space Starcruiser experience however, since there’s no appreciable outdoors or anything else to distinguish the Podships from the main Starcruiser. An incredibly bold concept nonetheless!​

D Hulk

Music Land & Mathmagic Land Cottages
@Evilgidgit

Imagining what a bungalow or cottage would be like at All-Star Music, yeah, you’ve nailed that very specific nail right square on the head! I’ll be honest, the All-Star Resorts interest me just about the least of Disney World’s many offerings. I’m not keen on the modernist, abstract aesthetic. Given that, I strongly salute your successful efforts at making the place sound more intriguing! Big points for degree of difficulty!

Nighttime Drive-In
@NateD1226

What I said about All-Star Music just above? Yeah, same thing applies for All-Star Movies. So hooray, you’ve achieved just like Evil did in spinning some gold from this straw! If anything I’m even more fond of this idea (movies...I love ‘em!), particularly since you’ve captured the nostalgia and romanticism of the drive-in. Which incidentally, thanks to COVID that’s how I watch new movies now...or try to at least.

@pix
HULK NOT SMASH PIX!
Sleep, adorable kitten, sleep...

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
@Disneylover152

This sounds like an appropriate place for new bungalows, what with the Skyliner added in. And the Dominican Republic aspect intrigues me; that's a place I've always wanted to visit. Since I have no preexisting familiarity with the Caribbean Beach Resort (apart from immediate Googling), there isn't much else here to respond to, but it's a good foundation.

Hello, I’d like to make a reservation and give a bonus point to my favorite bungalow.
@tcool123 WIN BONUS!
Animal Kingdom stilt houses were honestly what I was picturing when I wrote this prompt, so kudos!

D Hulk

BONUS #2 REVIEWS - DISNEY SPRINGS RESTAURANTS

Hey, let’s go in reverse order now! That only seems fair.

Mindy's Melody Diner
@Disneylover152

Fifties diners! Whoo! Always welcome, and in the Disney Springs setting a good, classic way to add some fun. This is maybe the most accessible restaurant in the bunch, less fancy than the rest, which serves it well. It might not become the major headliner I was quite looking for - fifties theming is commonplace, even with a strong Disney touch - but it would be a solid supporting addition to the Springs.

The Tropical Lounge
@NateD1226

A restaurant in Florida, themed to Florida? Yup, Disney would do that! DCA, Disney Springs itself. The trick is specificity, and the written description only offers up “lush” and “tropical,” with nothing more to even suggest what sort of building this is. The food itself is distinct and appealing (I love soul food!); it needs a setting to match!

The Rain Dragon
@Evilgidgit

I see that floating dragon restaurant image I posted in the DisneySky thread really made an impression! I don’t blame you! It’s a fascinating restaurant setting already (the one I saw was on West Lake in Suzhou), and doubly so it would make a fantastic weenie and icon for Disney Springs. One critique. You’re doing a Japanese tea house, when dragon boats are a decidedly Chinese thing. Cultural fusion is fun when intentional - which seems to be the case with your implied menu - but this might just be a mistake.​

D Hulk

The Orange Grove Inn Restaurant
@InspectorSpacetime

Now when I suggested to Nate that a Florida-themed restaurant needed some specificity, this is exactly what I had in mind! This is such a concrete, distinct place. There is a lot of Disney World nostalgia in here, from Orange Bird to 1970s things I’ve never heard of, but that doesn’t matter since these would be tremendously meaningful to your Florida audience. Even the orange-based cuisine - “kissing noise!” One of my favorite local restaurants does this style, and it’s delicious!

Visions of Acadia
@DisneyManOne

I’m pretty sure Acadia has been upgraded to a National Park now. And it looks absolutely gorgeous - I say not in relation to your FORBIDDEN image, but to some independent road trip research I’ve done. So I love the overall theme, and I love its integration into Disney Springs with the backstory and unique menu. It would be a shame you cannot recreate Acadia’s natural scenery in the Springs. In practice this would likely resemble DisneySea’s Cape Cod area, which is charming and would fit the Springs very well.

DeLiteful
@DashHaber

The film producer backstory and name are a - ahem! - delightful start to a Disney Springs eatery. The thematic elements are here. It’s a little bit wanting as a restaurant, without any description of food to be found. That’s a shame since your Grand American restaurant was absolutely phenomenal, so I know what you’re capable of.​

D Hulk

The Gem Mine
@TwilightZone

Not a bad restaurant idea at all, dining in the Seven Dwarfs’ mine. In a park’s Fantasyland this could potentially rival Be Our Guest for thematic immersion and family fun. But this is a Disney Springs prompt! This sort of outright Disney fantasy seems a more awkward fit in a somewhat real world Florida town setting.

What sort of food is served here?!

Boca Cove
@spacemt354

Another good, concrete Florida eatery for the Springs! I like the specificity of Boca Raton, and the 1920s ambiance, plus the specific menu items like mahi mahi which get the gut a-growlin’. All of this is almost too obviously perfect for Disney Springs. Boca Cove would make for a great high-end table service option. It maybe lacks the creativity or iconography of Jock Lindsey’s or The Boathouse, but that’s the only possible negative.

The IP Cafe
@Brer Panther

giphy-downsized.gif

Rancheros
@tcool123

This brief reads like it could be a genuine quick proposal to the Disney Springs managers. You identify an area which needs attention, you identify a culinary style which is both unique yet accessible, and you offer up details with ease. Disney World can never have enough steakhouses! Not much more to say. This is one of the strongest restaurant proposals.

I have my hotel reservations, now I need to choose where I’d like to make my dining reservations.
@InspectorSpacetime WIN BONUS!
You make the Florida theme sound appealing to this Californian, and your menu makes me salivate.

Now with those Bonus Reviews smashed, we await the wisdom of @Pi on my Cake...​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Reviews are gonna be kept real simple here, but if anyone wants more info, let me know!

8ryNnFI.png

@tcool123 - Symphonia
Orchestra music is a great way to tie a parade together and you have a great set of films even if the films don't really tie to the orchestra theme closely.

@Brer Panther - SpectroMagic 2.0
I adore SpectroMagic and think a revival would be incredible! Of course, it being a revival does hurt your creativity score no matter how cool an update of the Chernabog float would be.

@spacemt354 - Adventures Across America
A nightime boat parade is such a smart and unique pick! It would be a really fresh concept that could add some new energy to the nighttime show line up in the park and give guests a reason to head to Frontierland which tends to get quiet after dark.

@TwilightZone - Disney Classics Parade
I love the use of less common characters, but I do wish this parade had a bit more of a theme to it.

@DashHaber - Circus of Dreams
A circus theme to tie a night parade is an amazing choice! If Storybook Circus after dark is any indication, this parade would be enchanting.

@DisneyManOne - Magic of the Night
A night parade themed to night is a neat idea with a lof of potential. It might sound odd on the surface, but I kinda dig it.

@InspectorSpacetime - March of the Toys
This sounds delightfully small scale and unique! It would add a lot of magic to the quiet Storybook Circus at night. It took most of the game, but I think people are finally picking up on my personal bias towards Circus themed things lol.

@Evilgidgit - Constellations
The constellation theme is a really insteresting and the stars could lead to some incredible visuals!

@NateD1226 - The Future of Tomorrow
A small land for Tomorrowland could be fun! That land already comes alive with lights at night though, which might make a night parade just fade into the background.

@pix - Mickey's Holiday Lights
A nighttime light up Christmas parade would be amazing and add a lot of value to the holiday parties and a great new elements!

@Disneylover152 - ElecTRONica on Parade!
This would be visually stunning and so much fun! And a great cross promotion with the ride! I worry that Tron aesthetic might clash too much with a lot of the park though and this might have been better contained to Tomorrowland.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
euJnOCq.png

@tcool123 - Sadness
Not a bad counter balance to Joy in theory, but maybe a bit too dour for a Disney park. If this was real, I know a LOT of college programmers who would come here for a good cry though.

@Brer Panther - Epcot Center Friends
This might be another revival of past concepts, but in epcot this makes sense as a nice tribute to the past and some fun fanservice.

@TwilightZone -Stroll with Mary Poppins
It would be cool to Step in Time with these characters :p

This might be a bit of an obvious choice, but it is a strong one and really fun.

@DashHaber - Trip a Little Light Fantastic
As I said before, Poppins in UK is a safe choice. BUT this is a nice twist on it that could add a great new angle.

@DisneyManOne - Festival of Fools
Hunchback is amazing and this is the kind of light hearted experience that could please fans while not needing to worry about how dark the movie gets.

@InspectorSpacetime - Legend of the Last Dragon
This sounds amazing and like some great cross promotion! Is Raya Chinese though? Google says no. Though World Showcase has bent the rules for World Showcase before with Aladdin

@Evilgidgit - Figment and Friends
Figment and Dreamfinder are sort of an obvious choice, but you really are just using them for a launching point for a whole new line of characters that could rival Duffy and friends!

@NateD1226 - Emilie's Food Search
A really fun and lowkey experience and exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for!

@pix - Friend-Bot
Friend Bot! He looks like a friend! The drawing really makes this come alive and I could see this being an instant classic epcot character just like SMRT-1

@spacemt354 - Plaza de la Familia
Coco in the Mexico pavilion has the same issue of Poppins stuff that it is a very safe idea. But it is safe because it is good.

@Disneylover152 - Snow White's Daring Tale
This is a great expansion of the meet and greet they already have turning it into a full experience! Snow white might not be an IP that brings in the crowds of kids needed for an interactive show like Belle does though.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
p6wFTx3.png

@tcool123 - A Man Named Walt
This is a great plus on the One Man's Dream/Presents space! It would serve a similar purpose while being significantly more of an immersive experience. But just being a plussed version of what is there might hurt the creativity of this.

@Brer Panther - The Pixar Story
Pixar has a very strong presence in the Studios park and something like this would feel right at home! Plus, it would give the Pixar stuff a stronger tie to the "studio" part of the Studios that is often forgotten.

@TwilightZone -Magic of Animation
A fun idea and very solid. Not the most outside the box, but Tangled is a really popular film and this is a really unique way to utilize it.

@DashHaber - Dreamers of Disney
A great choice for a very unique take on the "Studio Tour Museum" concept that is common for Studio park walkthroughs.

@DisneyManOne - This is Halloween
A NBC Halloween walkthrough isn't the most outside the box idea, but it is a very strong one and something I'd love to experience.

@InspectorSpacetime - The Lost Expedition
This would be a great way to add a really cool and unique experience to the park while almost creating an Indiana Jones mini-land at the edge of Echo Lake!

@Evilgidgit - Golden Age of Animation
This is a really fun take on a new animation building revamp! It modernizes the concept by making it timeless and focusing on the oldest era of animation. It is still very reminiscent of the old version though.

@NateD1226 - Animators of the Future
A great relaunch of the classic Animation building walkthrough. But it lacks much of a unique spark to stand out.

@pix - Candy Cane Lane
Studios is the best part of the holidays at WDW unless you are paying for upcharges and this would fit right in! There is a long history of Disney Christmas specials and shorts and this would be a great tribute to them!

@spacemt354 - Sid's House
I give it less than 5 years before we get a Disney style haunted house for Halloween in Florida realistically. Sid is a great choice and Studios is a great park!

@Disneylover152 - Indiana Jones
So, I love this! I also loved it Inspector Spacetime did something very similar. But we've all had a round we missed something from another player. Especially with how many projects there are this round. I think you miss the key element of the rope course mixed in that helped the other Indian Jones stand out though.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
JFSyYg6.png

@tcool123 - Table of Horus
The space between Asia and Africa is a perfect choice for a small land (not enough space for a full land, but too big to not feel empty right now) and this sounds like an incredible restaurant. It needing a new mini-land built around it hurts the realism a bit though.

@Brer Panther - Restaurant Hakuna Matata
Lion King in Africa is a bit of a safe choice, but it's a good one and a really fun idea!

@TwilightZone -Bear Necessitites
I think you probably meant "Asian" breakfast since Baloo is from India. But either way this is a great character to base it around. I would've like to know where it was or what the theme for the place was though.

@DashHaber - Everest Epicurean
The area around Expedition Everest is beautiful and this would be a great addition. Though the Yak and Yeti is one of the very few strong table services in DAK and is right next door with a similar theme.

@DisneyManOne - Institute Gala
This is a great idea to add to the Dinoland area and expand the story while also giving a bit more contrast to the kitschy style of the main section of the land that can be controversial.

@InspectorSpacetime - Irayo
Pandora already has one of the most unique and fan favorite QSRs and this sounds exactly like the kind of thing that could push it to the top for TSR too!

@Evilgidgit - Mudka's
A really fun idea! Being in South America, it kinda needs more of a mini-land built up like Tcool's did. But that transition space makes sense for that.

@NateD1226 - The Yeti Shack
A little similar to Yak and Yeti, but much more well themed and could be really delicious.

@pix - Omnomnom-nivore Eats
The name is adorable and Dinoland is a great location! I would've liked a note or two on theming though. But the name alone carries this far lol

@spacemt354 - Valley Greens
This sounds delicious and I love the continued focus on vegetarian options in DAK! Great intentionality there.

@Disneylover152 - Harambe Eatery
I see this as sort of an African version of Epcot's Beirgarten restaurant. Something me and @spacemt354 have both made no effort to hid our love of lol. So, I think this would be fantastic!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
ift66HN.png

@tcool123 - Backyard Beach Party
Right now in terms of nostalgia bait, the 90s are the new 80s, but the 00s are right behind it. This might be a year or two before the nostalgia burst, but it is a smart thing to take advantage of. Plus, almost all of these have gotten or will get revivals soon. Stitch feels a little out of place though and I almost wish you would've focused fully on Phineas and Ferb.

@Brer Panther - Lagoona Gator's Beach Bash
I love Laggona Gator and think they should definitely lean more into the mascot. It might feel a bit underwhelming since most guests don't know him and those that do don't always care about him. But I'd definitely enjoy it.

@TwilightZone -Under the Sea Bash
I remember as a kid they used to do something like this for the Not so Scary party in MAgic Kingdom at that weird Ariel's Grotto gazebo that used to be there. It was a ton of fun and exactly the energy a Water Park Party needs!

@DashHaber - Goofy Lagoon Luau
Goof Troop nostalgia is at an all time high and only getting bigger with the Ducktales reboot hinting at Goof Troop/Goofy Movie stuff. They are the type of energy Typhoon needs and are characters that can fit well almost anywhere!

@DisneyManOne - Typhoon Treasure
Pirates are always a fan favorite and would be a ton of fun! And with Miss Adventure Falls, they are already in Typhoon so it fits nicely.

@InspectorSpacetime - Summerween Splash
Summerween is a great pick becuase it is a theme that could stand on its own as a unique "Halloween in Summer" type set up apart from Gravity falls which helps to future proof it as Gravity Falls popularity fades over time.

@Evilgidgit - Beautiful Briny Ball
So, anytime I've been to Blizzard Beach there's always a lot of fun games by the wave pool with Frozen characters and dancing and other activities. Anytime I've been to Typhoon Lagoon they've had the same set up but instead of Frozen characters getting kids excited and playing the games with them, it is just some life guards standing nearby looking bored and ready to clock out lol. Themed to Bored Lifeguards haha

I was gonna make a comment that Bedknobs and Broomsticks isn't exactly a popular IP, but the anniversary makes it a more fitting choice and it could be a lot of fun!

@NateD1226 - Fish-Friendly Sharks Bash
Bruce and the gang are fan favorites and Nemo has really stood the test of time! I would like a very quick reference to how the sharks would be here though. Puppets I guess?

@pix - S.E.A.
S.E.A. is a really popular brand among Disney fans and has a presence in Typhoon Lagoon already. But I worry they aren't a theme that will appeal much to kids (the primary target for dance parties) and might just be fun for hardcore Disney fans (who generally hate dance parties)

@spacemt354 - Tortuga Tavern
I love the Pirate theme and how this expands beyond just kid focused stuff. The tough situation is that, as writing this (might change with reviews written after this), DManOne has a Pirate theme too and the bronze for this prompt. Which forces me to choose my favorite pirate project. It will be a very close race.

@Disneylover152 - Moana Watercolors
I'm surprised it took like 10 people before someone suggested Moana lol. I think this is a great choice and could be a ton of fun!​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom