One Sentence Competition - Season 5 Episode 2

D Hulk

Original Poster
MAGICBAND PLUS
View attachment 442552
This update of the Magic Band system improves it significantly by debugging the whole entire system so it doesn't have an error every five seconds, adding a GPS feature, keeping track of inserted information to make your experience in the parks more personal, recording records and other information from interactive queues, holding a music app feature that allows you to listen to your favorite songs during your travels although the feature requires earbuds to work (don't worry, with all of these implements, Magic Bands will now come with Earbuds so you can use these features!) since we don't want people to play It's A Small World while your trying to enjoy The Tower Of Terror, allowing a feature that makes it possible to track phones and other electronics while in the parks while connected through an app, and an inbuilt Disney+ & Hulu app if you have an account, although an extended free trial does come with the purchase of a Magic Band, all for an increased price of $29.40.
MagicBand Plus
@Tux

Jiminy Crickets, the MagicBands DON’T already have GPS?! What utter madness!

Hmm, this is similar to @Evilgidgit ‘s proposal – a list of app functionality improvements which add up to a lot. Between the two, your various options are better in scope, detail and concept. This turns MagicBand into Spotify, Shazam, Waze, iMusic, even Disney+. That last one is the best addition. It’s a totally realistic, evil corporate move, and it’s very up-to-the-moment. This is a nice improvement list.

CODE R.E.D MAGIC-BANDS are a mysterious item that can be bought for 20$ extra For one person or 40$ For 4 guests with all the capability’s of a regular magic-band & the ability to interact with the environment or even get discounts if you show certain imagineers your new & improved magic bands & you can also get a red ticket afterwards that can be used at participating disney stores, so try to find all the uses & secrets of your new magic-band.View attachment 442319
Code R.E.D. Magic-Bands
@Disneypugs.

Extra points for having the best image of the round! Post after post of cheap plastic amulets… :rolleyes:

I like the mystery element…it’s pretty clever too, since it doesn’t need a long technical explanation. With discounts built into the Band, and four available for only $40 ($10 each), Disney could lose money! And surprise surprise, that’s a good thing…it would be a fantastic loss-leader bringing guests to WDW, where they’ll wind up spending more on hotels and such. And it would be a great hit with guests too. They’ll get a bargain, they’ll get a fun mystery, and Disney profits.

The “interact with the environment” feature is simple (it’s what MagicBands should’ve always been), and damnit the idea WORKS.

Short, simple, and effective!

D Hulk

Original Poster
Disney's MagiMap
View attachment 441582

Following the footsteps of smash-hit shortlived-fad Pokemon Go, the newest (and extra expensive) MagicBand features a touchscreen map of your Disney resort: perfect for easy transit around the park and checking wait times; but the real excitement is the MagiMap, a VR minigame to play at Disney parks, where you see your own custom character wandering the parks... you start with the fab five, and collect more characters as you navigate the resort, using VR from a camera at the back of to "interact" with a character you are trying to collect, tapping on them while they try to dodge; the aim of the game is to collect as many characters as possible because if you get all those from a certain theme/IP you can earn a free Fastpass; the app encourages you to visit new locations throughout your resort, hopefully increasing the time you spend; lastly, as this is a MagicBand, no data rates will be applied: so everyone can play!

Following the footsteps of smash-hit shortlived-fad Pokemon Go, the newest MagicBand features a touchscreen map of your Disney resort: perfect for easy transit around the park and checking wait times; but the real excitement is the MagiMap, a VR minigame to play at Disney parks, where you see your own custom character wandering the parks - to start you choose one of the fab five - to get new characters you must find them within the resort (for example, go to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger spin, and you have a high chance at finding Buzz Lightyear, an occasional chance at the Aliens or Zurg, and a rare chance at Woody; whereas Big Thunder Mountain has a high chance of Woody and other frontier characters; then Midway Mania has equal shots at Woody and Buzz along with other Toy Story and even a rare few Pixar characters, everyone's sorta merged together and there's no one direct place to get one exact character) the aim of the game is to collect your favorite characters to show off when wandering the park: collect all the members of a theme (running with this example, the Toy Story theme) and you win a free fastpass; but there is a bit more than just luck involved, as you'll have a camera on the other side of your MagicBand connecting to the real world a la Pokemon Go where you must tap the character (who randomly avoids your attempts to catch them) overall this encourages exploration, as the app guides you to new locations with the "character search", which should hopefully also increase the time (and by extent money) guests spend in the resort... lastly, as this is a MagicBand and not a phone, the game is free for all to play, regardless of their mobile data situation.
Disney’s MagiMap
@Outbound

No way!!!

Oh yeah, Pokemon Go! That was fun before they changed the gym rules.

To my untrained mind, this is the least realistic proposal. Adding a touchscreen to MagicBands sounds expensive. And that’s mostly for an AR game? I’m not really a fan of “gamifying” the parks like this, as I find it takes guests’ focus off the Imagineering details. Other than the data use benefit, this is something you could do more effectively with a phone app, most likely. A fun idea, absolutely, but very silly.
MagicBand Series 2
71ch8VExeLL._AC_SX679_.jpg

In partnership with Apple, with the release of the Apple Watch in 2015, the Disney MagicBand is redesigned as a customized resort-wide version of the product, with all the bells and whistles of the previous MagicBand incarnation, plus allowing guests to make Fastpasses, dining, check wait-times, receive live in-park alerts, and as a bonus, synchronize to your phone and any Apple products.
MagicBand Series 2
@spacemt354

MagicBands made by Apple? This is the simplest & shortest of all proposals. Thank you! You don’t get in your own way over-explaining the Band’s functionality. If this had been done (with the 2015 date, you’re proposing this in lieu of our timeline’s MagicBands?), it might’ve been great. It sounds ludicrously expensive though, switching out an RFID chip encased in rubber for a full-on Apple Watch, so that’s my nitpick.
View attachment 442607

Bringing the Magic to Magicbands

Magic Bands had the right idea just poor execution; to alleviate that there will be more beta testing before launch AND it will launch with a few new features, namely the magic app, an app that connects your Magic Band to your phone as a way to track all those steps through the park, give you wait-times of nearby rides, weather alerts for your exact location, and magic band activated minigames in queue lines; there will also be more parkwide games such as Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom in each park and a few select resorts to keep the kids entertained in some of the more adult focused parks and when the parents just want to relax poolside.
Bringing the Magic to Magicbands
@gam3rprincess

In under the wire once again!

This presentation falls under the "MagicBand as app" category also used by @Tux and @Evilgidgit, and it's a good one. More beta testing - yes! You've most explicitly connected the MagicBand to guests' phones, which answers a lot of those app-related issues for me. Your approach to interactive games (Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom variants) works better than the Pokemon Go approach taken by @Outbound. In true gam3r fashion, you've seen what other players did, and you've improved upon their efforts. Going last isn't always the best strategy, but you're a master at doing that well!

D Hulk

Original Poster
Challenge 7 results!

This topic is beyond me. (And just wait, the final challenge is even more esoteric! :p) The winning proposals are ones which most appealed to my ignorant layman perspective. And we’ll just leave it at that!

Bronze medal (1 point)
25378926288_0282b49fa8_o_d.png

(TIE!) @Tux – MagicBand Plus & @gam3rprincess - Bringing the Magic to Magicbands
For creating the best of the “MagicBand as an app”proposals.

Silver medal (2 points)
25378923678_32843d468b_o_d.png

@Disneypugs. – Code R.E.D. MagicBands
For fun art and adding an interesting, mysterious gimmick which could save guests money.

Gold medal (3 points)
25378924938_877ca558df_o_d.png

@AceAstro – MagicBand Traders
For zigging where the rest zagged and doing a tech-free proposal.

Cheers to everyone who contributed! The Final Challenge will appear at noon (EST) tomorrow.

pix

In true gam3r fashion, you've seen what other players did, and you've improved upon their efforts. Going last isn't always the best strategy, but you're a master at doing that well!

I would LOVE to tell you that I definitely read everyone else's proposals and then made mine an improved effort... But nope. This was what I had in my imagineering journal when I was working on it earlier. I try sense I am always last not to copy cat anyone before me or "steal" ideas, sometimes I read them to make sure I don't choose someone else's but this prompt I knew it was likely that everyone had variants on the same idea. But yeah, if my ideas seem like someone who posted earlier, odds are they are not. (I do better work pen and paper so its not always last last minute for me its usually I have most of it down just not typed)

D Hulk

Original Poster
FINAL CHALLENGE
2020s

enhance

Disney Parks have come a long way since Disneyland first transformed carnival rides into an art form. We’ve seen new resorts, hotels, a dozen theme parks, cruise lines, next-gen technologies, and countless more innovations. What could the future hold for Disney? What further way could they revolutionize the theme park experience?

Your final task is to propose the Next Big Thing in Disney Parks.

-Rules-
Use only a single sentence to describe your idea. You may also use one image if you wish, that is optional. The deadline is Saturday, January 25th, 2020, at midnight EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Silly! We are officially back to one sentence, so don’t overcomplicate things. Think of this like an initial brainstorming session.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

Orange Cat

DISNEY’S UNIVERSE EXPLORER is a sequel to the defunct mobile port of disney land explorer, for only 4.99$ you can traverse Disney parks across the world right at home or use camera mode for extra experiences across the Disney parks, with all main Disney parks (at launch) to explore in there regular, winter, & Halloween versions with photos, mini-games, a hub world to explore, & even a badge collecting system with badges being hidden every where on the map with there even being ones exclusive to camera mode to collect & display on your profile, in conclusion disney’s universe explorer takes the magic of disney games & theme parks & combines them to make the ultimate Disney experience.
0317EAF1-5473-47EE-8BF5-1D3F97A55E7D.jpeg

Last edited:

Orange Cat

DISNEY’S UNIVERSE EXPLORER is a sequel to the defunct mobile port of disney land explorer, for only 4.99$ you can traverse Disney parks across the world right at home or use camera mode for extra experiences across the Disney parks, with all main Disney parks (at launch) to explore in there regular, winter, & Halloween versions with photos, mini-games, a hub world to explore, & even a badge collecting system with badges being hidden every where on the map with there even being ones exclusive to camera mode to collect & display on your profile, in conclusion disney’s universe explorer takes the magic of disney games & theme parks & combines them to make the ultimate Disney experience.View attachment 442744
This is already a run-on sentence but I still wish this wasn’t just one sentence cause I could probably expand this into a full game if I had the time:).

Outbound

DisneyAdventure.png

65 years ago, Walt Disney revolutionized the theme park landscape with Disneyland, home to an innovative park layout that has since become the standard for Disney parks worldwide; but for the 2020's Disney will be switching it's "Castle Parks" with Bob Iger's Excellent Disney Adventure; serving as the flagship parks of the following new Disneyland Resorts: Cleveland, Abuja, and East Shanghai; the parks swaps out old lands like "Frontierland" and "Fantasyland" with more defined explorations to Disney's fantastic worlds: Disney, Toy Story, Star Wars, Incredibles, Marvel, and even Avatar, though sadly it will be postponed across parks as it ties into our upcoming ninth film... there's a lot to explore in this map, from the entrance land Disney City with Mater for some reason to the Guardians of the Galaxy area themed to Hollywood from DCA for a unique and cheesy spin on the concept... just remember, the day after your trip visit Denny's for a free soda, with the purchase of a Delux Dinner Classic.​

Last edited:

AceAstro

Disney Airlines

DisneyAirlines.png

Right now, Disney has the process set down from when you land in MCO to get to the parks and back to the airport but they haven't had their own way of getting guests to MCO (Eastern Airlines was a partnership), until now: Disney Airlines will launch with 4 planes to go to main North American hubs (New York, Toronto, Houston, Atlanta, Minneapolis) as another way for Disney to bring in parks revenue before they even get to the parks.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom