One Republic "Good Life" music video recorded in Magic Kingdom

Theme Parkitect

I enjoy the video and the song... but I had a thought while watching this video. WDW will NEVER get rid of the Tomorrowland Speedway. It frequently shows up in promo videos, it is featured in this video, and it was featured in the tilt motion video from a couple years back. I guess some Disney execs must put it up there on the pedestal with IASW or Dumbo or BTMRR... I mean, wouldn't it be fun to see these guys on Jungle Cruise, or POTC, or even goofing around on the WEDway?

I don't want it gone, just wish they would change it to electric, because the gas smog, NOT very futuristic..... :shrug: Not to mention it makes me :hurl:

erstwo

Thanks for posting this! My kids will love it and I always like that they have 'safe' youtube clips to watch.

I loved the one guitarists "1st Visit" pin!

MickeyPeace

Yeah it's a great life...in London...the city near Picadilly.....

TDO exec- "Hey that would make a great song for our 2012 campaign!"

:veryconfu

828tnt

any chance this could be incorporated into the christmas day show? maybe that explains the crossovers?:shrug:

still, really enjoyed the clip! i think you're really going to see the newer more interactive characters everywhere! we saw not just mickey, but donald too.....

ToTBellHop

This song is way too overused and overplayed. And it has nothing to do with Disney World. They chose it b/c it's popular and they say "good life" a lot. Ignore the remaining lyrics.

No better or worse than "Hey Soul Sister" selling a refrigerator.

Sometimes there's airplanes I can't jump out
Sometimes there's bullsh** that don't work now
We are god of stories but please tell me-e-e-e
What there is to complain about

Oh, I get it. Stop your whining if rides are broken or effects aren't working, because it's still a "good life." Theme of 2012.

td1129

This song is way too overused and overplayed. And it has nothing to do with Disney World. They chose it b/c it's popular and they say "good life" a lot. Ignore the remaining lyrics.

Oh, I get it. Stop your whining if rides are broken or effects aren't working, because it's still a "good life." Theme of 2012.

You are one bitter and unpleasant person.

ToTBellHop

You are one bitter and unpleasant person.
Actually, I've been a One Republic fan for years and have liked this song since 2009 when the album came out. I've also actually listened to the lyrics and seen how stupid it is as a Disney Parks song.

Apparently you missed my direct quote from the song.

COProgressFan

LOL, never paid attention to the lyrics, but now I can definitely see why TDO must love it! :ROFLOL:

DubyooDeeDubyoo

I think it's so tacky when Disney Produces these things for WDW and they slip in Disneyland clips...like most of the WDW Commercials on TV today and how they're 90% Disneyland clips... :brick:

Try being a west coast Disney fan in the late 80s and the opening of Wonderful World. DL gets less recognition than Tokyo Disney before it becomes a smorgasboard of WDW imagery full of stuff the resort had done in the previous five years. Bonus points if you have to explain to a child what the deal is with that golf ball and why they've never seen it on their trips to Disneyland.

Anyway, the music video: as a DL advertisement, it's bad. As a WDW advertisement, it's worse. Keep on shilling that castle, guys.

draybook

At first, I didn't really think the song was appropriate. I love the song on it's own. However, after watching the full video a few times I became hooked. I now watch it about 8-10 times each day when I get home from work.

Cosmic Commando

There's quite a few Disneyland shots in there... I think Captain Hook is on the Sailing Ship Colombia, and one of the shots of the families look like they're in New Orleans Sq in between PotC and HM...

I think it's so tacky when Disney Produces these things for WDW and they slip in Disneyland clips...like most of the WDW Commercials on TV today and how they're 90% Disneyland clips... :brick:

This doesn't bother me because it's not explicitly for WDW. The commercials are terrible, though. If you're advertising DL or WDW, then you should obviously only use shots from that coast. I also saw Snow White holding the picture in front of her grotto at DL, and I also think the random family holding the picture near the end looks more like DL's Fantasyland. It seems like a lot of the shots with people/characters holding the picture are DL, so maybe there's a reason... it's an idea they came up with later, they ran out of time shooting in MK and maybe the band/editing is based out West and it was easier to shoot at DL. Besides, it's a fun game for us to play to spot all the things that aren't WDW.

Cmdr_Crimson

This doesn't bother me because it's not explicitly for WDW. The commercials are terrible, though. If you're advertising DL or WDW, then you should obviously only use shots from that coast. I also saw Snow White holding the picture in front of her grotto at DL, and I also think the random family holding the picture near the end looks more like DL's Fantasyland. It seems like a lot of the shots with people/characters holding the picture are DL, so maybe there's a reason... it's an idea they came up with later, they ran out of time shooting in MK and maybe the band/editing is based out West and it was easier to shoot at DL. Besides, it's a fun game for us to play to spot all the things that aren't WDW.

Ah, but remember... DisneyParks are as a whole now not singular any more. Thus the reason why DL & WDW are shown. They should honestly drop it. Both resorts carry two different entities A Dream & A Legacy.

TP2000

I guess its also possible that they hired a second company (CA based) to work only on those effect shots.

Yup, that's probably what happened. All the shots of the band were done in Magic Kingdom at WDW, but the rest of the video was done at Disneyland.

Some of the Non-band Disneyland locations shown in the video include;
Sailing Ship Columbia (Captain Hook)
Casey Jr. Circus Train and Storybookland Canal Boats
Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley To The Rescue! at DCA
Mickey's Toontown
Snow White's Grotto & Wishing Well
Main Street USA (Goofy in front of City Hall)

scoobygirl39541

Wow some people are so critical on here! I think its a beautifully done video with an appropriately popular song. I love seeing it on tv :shrug:

Kobe!!

Wow some people are so critical on here! I think its a beautifully done video with an appropriately popular song. I love seeing it on tv :shrug:

Agreed! I just don't think OneRebublic knew when they agreed to the terms w/ Disney they it would be used as much as it is and OR was underpaid greatly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom