One Man's Dream

CThaddeus

You should just be happy you still have it in Florida. Sadly, they chose to turn our version of it in California Adventure into Crush's Turtle Talk. While I don't dislike the Crush show (I like it quite a bit, even if it is just a bigger screen rip-off of Stitch's Picture Phone in Disneyland's Innoventions), it angers me that a park that has so few good attractions is replacing ones that are less than two years old. One Man's Dream is even more necessary at the Disneyland Resort now that The Walt Disney Story is on hiatus.
And as a side note, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Eisner actually bookend the movie? I seem to recall him starting the film and saying something to the effect of, "But let's let him tell his story in his own words." He certainly ends it. And for my two cents' worth, I don't see a real point in changing it. While admittedly the man has the acting ability of Arnold Schwartzenidiot (though Eisner is much more understandable), he's only on for a very short time. Why bother?

Iakona

TiggerRPh said:
There's no way they're letting Roy do anything that big for Disney. He really has no power with the company anymore.

If they redid it...it would be with Iger.

Don't count on Iger being in it. He has publicly stated that he does not believe the CEO should be such a public figure (ie. Eisner hosting T.V. shows etc.). I would expect they would get someone more recognizable and relevant to the Disney story if Eisner is replaced.

Connor002

Iakona said:
Don't count on Iger being in it. He has publicly stated that he does not believe the CEO should be such a public figure (ie. Eisner hosting T.V. shows etc.). I would expect they would get someone more recognizable and relevant to the Disney story if Eisner is replaced.

Iger has already done some clips on Disney Motion

Iakona

Connor002 said:
Iger has already done some clips on Disney Motion

But he does not have plans on making himself "the face of Disney" according to articles I have read. He will have to do some publicity for the company, but I doubt you will see him hosting T.V. shows or showing up in a bunch of park videos.

shoppingnut

Iakona said:
But he does not have plans on making himself "the face of Disney" according to articles I have read. He will have to do some publicity for the company, but I doubt you will see him hosting T.V. shows or showing up in a bunch of park videos.

Different time, different place. Even though Iger doesn't plan on doing this, just remember, what Eisner did was necessary to get Disney back into people's lives. You cannot say that what he did back in the 80's is the right formula for today and vice versa.

Without Eisner, we wouldn't have the luxury of sitting in our living rooms and watching Disney movies on our VCR. He did a great deal for the company and he shouldn't be judge on his last few years because in the grand scheme of things that was just a small portion of his tenure.

bgraham34

I love One Man's Dream The reason I like it so much is that they show the models of the rides. And I am so fascinated by that.

Nicole

One Man's Dream is my favorite attraction in all of WDW. I don't mind having ME in the movie. He is a big part of Disney history, and although he left on not the best of terms, I think that in the long run he will be remembered as much for the good things he did at Disney as for the mistakes he made.

bgraham34

Nicole said:
One Man's Dream is my favorite attraction in all of WDW. I don't mind having ME in the movie. He is a big part of Disney history, and although he left on not the best of terms, I think that in the long run he will be remembered as much for the good things he did at Disney as for the mistakes he made.

Chances are he will be remember for not leaving early enough. The bad outweighed the good in my opinion.

Epcot82Guy

pat_naughty05 said:
I wish that One Man's Dream was in a better location. I personally think that it is one of the more important attractions in WDW. I'm sure many of you other Disney fanatics will agree, considering the vast amount of Disney history here. It just seems to be so small on the outside compared to what is on the inside. I think a good place for it would be in the Magic Kingdom on Main Street. That way everyone would walk right by it and have the opportunity to partake, if they so choose.

I agree. It also would add a much needed "attraction"-attraction to that land. However, I don't know if it would be worth the cost to fully move it.

col

i liked the walt disney story in mgm i thought it was very interesting and full of information whether or not michael eisner is in it or not, who cares!!!!!!!!

LaughingGravy

I'm just glad One Man's Dream is there. It includes a much more detailed history than The Walt Disney Story at the Magic Kingdom had back in the day.
After they took The Walt Disney Story out of the MK, I was pretty upset, as it was typical of the Eisner era reputation of cheapening the park, whether or not ME was responsible for it.

I would like to see those great letters from all the heads of state, etc. to Walt on display again as well as the Snow White Oscar. That was really impressive.

Nicole

bgraham34 said:
Chances are he will be remember for not leaving early enough. The bad outweighed the good in my opinion.

Probably - although I still think that eventually the emotion surrounding ME will be gone. I'm not saying that in a year people will have "forgiven and forgotten" but in 20-30 years I think they'll have decided to focus on the positive. Maybe that's just me and my rose-colored glasses look at things.

Since1976

Gah! You guys' positive word on this attraction makes me regret even more that I bypassed it when I was at Disney Studios last Thursday!

Epcot82Guy

I also think Eisner has a right to his part in the film(s). While I disagree with some (or many) of his choices over the last several years, he certainly did some great things for the company. I personally would love to see a combination of players speak, including Roy, Iger, and Dianne (sp?). I really think having a more diversified approach would be appropriate, but that is me.

JeffH

Eisner cut from "One Man's Dream"

Eisner has been cut from the "One Man's Dream" movie and replaced with the voice of Julie Andrews. Julie says the same lines that Mike said but Mike is replaced by other video clips/stills. So we don't see Julie, we only hear her. We noticed this Saturday night (11/3), just before we went over to the Great Movie Ride to see the new clips it now has.

Epcot82Guy

Yeah. I heard that the other day. Forgot to post in here. That is an interesting twist. I have no idea about the background, but this certainly has the makings for at least rumor-like talk of a "slap in the face" to Eisner. Of course, it is just as possible that he asked to be removed. Anyone have any contacts that know more?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom