One Man's Dream

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
I am sure they haven't done it yet, but are there plans to get rid of Eisner in the One Man's Dream movie at the end. Considering he has no ties to the company anymore, it would only make sense :lol:

peter11435

DisneyInsider said:
I am sure they haven't done it yet, but are there plans to get rid of Eisner in the One Man's Dream movie at the end. Considering he has no ties to the company anymore, it would only make sense :lol:
Well, like him or not Eisner was very influential to the Walt Disney Company (good and bad) and was a very large part of their history. He is second only to Walt/Roy in that respect. If you think about Eisner has no fewer ties to the company than Walt anymore.

Dragonrider1227

peter11435 said:
Well, like him or not Eisner was very influential to the Walt Disney Company (good and bad) and was a very large part of their history. He is second only to Walt/Roy in that respect. If you think about Eisner has no fewer ties to the company than Walt anymore.
Truwe. I don't like him but he did keep Disney from being bought out from some other company or worse. BANKRUPT! :dazzle: Could you imagine a world without Disney OR their parks? INCONCIEVABLE! So I thank Eisner for that at least. Even if he DOES need some brain power in his head.

peter11435

Dragonrider1227 said:
Truwe. I don't like him but he did keep Disney from being bought out from some other company or worse. BANKRUPT! :dazzle: Could you imagine a world without Disney OR their parks? INCONCIEVABLE! So I thank Eisner for that at least. Even if he DOES need some brain power in his head.
I think you should also thank him for hundreds of other things as well. You may disagree with some things done under his rule (family channel, sports teams, etc) but you cant deny the fact that he was in charge when many great attractions, parks, and resorts were conceived and constructed. Even EE which we all seem to love was designed, approved, and half constructed while Eisner was in charge.

MKCP 1985

I'd be surprised if they refilm it. Whether they do will almost certainly boil down to cost. Michael Eisner's narration does not significantly impact how many people watch the film, IMO.

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
i never said that Eisner wasn't influential. I am one of the people who will remind others of that when they are saying how big a waste he is. Regardless though he still isn't affiliated with the company and doesn't have anything to do with it anymore (besides his shares).

peter11435

DisneyInsider said:
Regardless though he still isn't affiliated with the company and doesn't have anything to do with it anymore (besides his shares).

To that I again say that he has no less to with Disney now than Walt does in that respect.

pat_naughty05

I wish that One Man's Dream was in a better location. I personally think that it is one of the more important attractions in WDW. I'm sure many of you other Disney fanatics will agree, considering the vast amount of Disney history here. It just seems to be so small on the outside compared to what is on the inside. I think a good place for it would be in the Magic Kingdom on Main Street. That way everyone would walk right by it and have the opportunity to partake, if they so choose.

TheDisneyMagic

I hope that Eisner stays in the ending film, although I believe it actually used to say CEO of Walt Disney Company when he first appeared, and I think this was actually removed before he finished anyways. But he was involved in the company for so many years and brought the company to the magic that we see to this day, without him can you imagine what it could be like today. (I suppose it could of gone either really bad or something similar to what we have today) but still not the same.

Bob Iger is still very newly involved in the company and I would not like to see him take presidence over Eisner in that film because he has not made any major differences to the company as of yet.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">If anything, I'd be more concerned with them fixing the HUGE inaccuracy in the film that already stands. It says that the success of Mary Poppins was one of the main reasons for Walt building Disneyland. Everyone should realize that Disneyland was built nine years BEFORE Mary Poppins came out. I am positive that I am not the first to realize this. If they (the imagineers) allow something like this to slide, then I highly, HIGHLY doubt that they will change Eisner in the movie...</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dragonrider1227

peter11435 said:
I think you should also thank him for hundreds of other things as well. You may disagree with some things done under his rule (family channel, sports teams, etc) but you cant deny the fact that he was in charge when many great attractions, parks, and resorts were conceived and constructed. Even EE which we all seem to love was designed, approved, and half constructed while Eisner was in charge.
True. Infact, I've felt one of the few things he did right was the parks. Wasn't MGM Studios partically his idea? Or at least immensly guided by him?

Grantsdale

Dragonrider1227 said:
True. Infact, I've felt one of the few things he did right was the parks. Wasn't MGM Studios partically his idea? Or at least immensly guided by him?

MGM and AK both were guided by him, as they opened under his watch. MGM was rushed to beat Universal to opening, but AK is a great example of a park, even if it is short on rides. Don't forget he authorized California Adventure as well. The "Disney's America" idea that his brainchild, however, would have been great had it been approved.

He ran the company for 20 years. He was influential in most everything that happened, good or bad.

He shouldn't be removed from the video. Should Roy E. Disney have been removed from all the promotional material when he left the company for the year or so that he was gone? Nope, because he was part of Disney legacy. Same with Eisner. Yes, he has no current position. (Except for all the stock that he owns) But he does have plenty of ties to the company. Twenty years worth.

MickeyTigg

Tigger1988 said:
If they replace Eisner they should let Roy narrate it, not Iger.

There's no way they're letting Roy do anything that big for Disney. He really has no power with the company anymore.

If they redid it...it would be with Iger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom