One Man's Dream may be closing soon

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To recap:

1. Since 2015 people have been surmising that OMD is going to go away because of TSL.
  2. Which makes this a non-rumor. It's really just a guess. No insider has ever confirmed it's going way, let alone going away soon.
  3. In the end, TSL is going to be completed without changing or removing OMD.
  4. So, the whole reason for the surmisings is moot.
  5. And yet, people on the internet keep surmising OMD is imminently going away and the reason why is... what now?
  6. In light of facts showing OMD is not going away imminently, they change their surmisings to be 'later.' Which may be the case, but there's no reason or inside information to back it up. It's just more surmising with less rationale.

Castle Cake Apologist

To recap:

1. Since 2015 people have been surmising that OMD is going to go away because of TSL.
  2. Which makes this a non-rumor. It's really just a guess. No insider has ever confirmed it's going way, let alone going away soon.
  3. In the end, TSL is going to be completed without changing or removing OMD.
  4. So, the whole reason for the surmisings is moot.
  5. And yet, people on the internet keep surmising OMD is imminently going away and the reason why is... what now?
  6. In light of facts showing OMD is not going away imminently, they change their surmisings to be 'later.' Which may be the case, but there's no reason or inside information to back it up. It's just more surmising with less rationale.

Actually, we had several "confirmed" closing dates over the last couple years, with even Martin lending credence to some of them. I think the plans have just changed, but it was initially meant to be closed.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Let's be honest.. two things keep OMD in place. It already exisits, and it's a low labor attraction. It's essentially "free" in a park that is already dearth of attractions. Unless Disney has a grander plan that adds capacity in a sexy way to Disney... I imagine them riding OMD into the dirt.

Plus it's now also a preview theater and an indoor M&G zone.

Magenta Panther

I really think OMD would be more appropriate at MK, ala The Walt Disney Story, especially after all of the changes coming to DHS are done. I would really really like to see the attraction remain in some form or another.

Although, I suppose we should be grateful that it has stayed 15 years longer than it was meant to.

Someone here once suggested that the show could be relocated to Main Street's City Hall. I think that's a great idea!

Goofyernmost

Well I'm pretty sure the new marquee at muppets is to make it easier to use it like they do at DCA :(
I would agree except the marquee traveled on a trailer with the lettering on it. So, those aren't movable type like on ordinary marquees. I don't think it's meant to be changed regularly.
For sure... with all the least likely places to do that, The Muppet Theater (renamed) would probably be the most difficult to just throw a preview movie in. So we, more then likely, can just write this speculation off as WAG'S (Wild A$$ Guess) with absolutely no basis of even rumor. Move along, nothing to see here.

ppete1975

They should leave it where it is, to give people something to do at the park to be named later. One tsl and star wars opens then move it to mainstreet in WDW and have one at all the Disney parks (some would be reproduction stuff) but the man should have a mini museum on every mainstreet.... they can just give up one of the giant gift shops.

Wishing Star

why take this out now? We're 2017, fast approaching the 50th anniversary of the park in 2021. But not just that we're fast approaching the 100th anniversary of Disney in 2023?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I would agree except the marquee traveled on a trailer with the lettering on it. So, those aren't movable type like on ordinary marquees. I don't think it's meant to be changed regularly.

Even if it doesn't use movable type... there is now a fixture where a sign can be easily placed and made to look like it fits. Imagine the idea the panel could be swapped, or simply an overlaid panel added when needed, etc.

The lack of updates here (minus the pre-show) is one of the ways in which Disney continues to disappoint... where a once great attraction is left to fade into obscurity :(

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
was just responding to the thread saying "may be closing soon", by saying it would be a mistake to take it out now. Or if you take it out at least have a replacement somewhere else since we're approaching the 100 years.

But if you read the thread, you'd see that its title was based on clickbait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom