One Little Spark 3: The Spark Squad - Main Competition Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
How dare you put Mad Hatter with the C-Tier villains. He's unironically one of the best Batman villains. Also it's EGGHEAD. Plz fix.
That's my bad on the name - I have a history of that (see Volcano Bat )

However it's Nicolas Cage playing him so I feel like he could take on any name
nic-cage-egghead.jpg

OvertheHorizon

Congratulations to both teams on reaching this final team challenge. Count me impressed. I'm going to dispense with my usual "suggestions" and just share my comments about each team's presentation. As the competition goes on, I'm glad not to be a judge. Having been a part of these competitions in the past, I know how stressful it can be to maintain communications and race to present a final product by the deadline. A big thumbs up! It was also great to see two very different approaches to this challenge (which makes it even more difficult to compare).

TEAM JOHN DEERE

This was a very well thought out and comprehensive presentation to bring Batman to Disneyland and create the juxtaposition of Marvel vs DC Comics. The narrative flowed nicely from one attraction to the other with lots of great images. There's a nice blend of attractions, dining, and shops in the land, along with fitting in the monorail station.

THE MAX REBO BAND

I love the concept of a Latin Quarter and its focus on the classic Three Caballeros combined with the more recent Coco and Encanto. NOTE: I'm a fan of those recent movies. The result is a family friendly land (in the spirit of what it was replacing). It is also one where we won't go hungry, with a heavy emphasis on restaurant and food descriptions. Yum! The team incorporated the required monorail station, even changing its location.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
WOW!

So here we are! Just about at the end of the game!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank every single person who participated in this competition; players, guest judges, and even our friends who were just hanging out with us! You all helped to make this one of the most fun experiences I’ve had in Imagineering. My only hope is that I served you well as a hostess!!

And a major special thanks to my co-host, the wonderful @Pi on my Cake - thank you so much for creating all those graphics and formatting all of our write ups!! I absolutely could not have done any of this without you!! (You all seriously have no idea how much time we spent brainstorming prompt ideas going back to last summer). It’s been a riot and I would love to work with you on another game sometime in the future!!

Our story will also see its conclusion over the course of the final act.

Your reviews will be coming shortly. In the meantime, details regarding the finale will be posted momentarily!!

I love this forum, and treasure the friendships I’ve made with you all! Thanks for giving a really weird girl a lovely place to call her online home!! 💜💜

- Tegan/Harley ♦️♦️

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
z326p7y.png

Welcome to the sixth and final act of the One Little Spark Competition 3!

This act will have 1 Grand Finale Scene!

The original plan was to narrow down to a smaller list of finalists, but since a few players have stepped down from the game we've made a small change of plans!

Anyone still in the game interested in being a finalist will be able to compete in the final round for a chance to win One Little Spark 3!

So, get ready for the final showdown, Spark Squad. This final Scene will be an individual project and NOT a team project!

The Final Scene Begins Now!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
z326p7y.png

Welcome to the sixth and final act of the One Little Spark Competition 3!

This act will have 1 Grand Finale Scene!

The original plan was to narrow down to a smaller list of finalists, but since a few players have stepped down from the game we've made a small change of plans!

Anyone still in the game interested in being a finalist will be able to compete in the final round for a chance to win One Little Spark 3!

So, get ready for the final showdown, Spark Squad. This final Scene will be an individual project and NOT a team project!

The Final Scene Begins Now!

@Tegan pilots a chicken I'm going to work on project for the sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit called Roger Rabbit II: Walt Disney's Nightmare which it supposed to released in 1992 same as Euro Disneyland opening. I'm almost done yet so far, I need almost to ending the film as middle and beginning of the movie as possible soon.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
RhJJC4B.png

--The Set Up--

Scene 9 was based around @Pi on my Cake's nostalgia

Scene 10 was based around @Tegan pilots a chicken's nostalgia

What better way to end this season than with YOUR nostalgia!

What was the project that made you realize you loved armchair imagineering? What ride did you go on as a kid that made you fall in love with theme parks? What movie or show inspired you to develop your creative skills? What prompt from a past armchair imagineering game have you always wanted to take a second shot at?

What are you nostalgic for?

https:///wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Disney_Afternoon_on_the_Lot-D23-550x396.png
sunwheel_glowing2001tm.jpg
UHQ80689410.jpg
Big_Thunder_Ranch_Sign_%2828066530290%29.jpg
enhance
ab67706c0000bebba630ecb20671e9dd0fa4c68a
SHRUNKSET_1_998.jpg
mk_tland1.jpg

9-17-Roger-Rabbit-statue-at-Pop-Century-Resort-at-Walt-Disney-World.jpg

--The Challenge--

Imagineers, your challenge is this:

Design an E-Ticket Attraction for the theme park of your choosing inspired by your own, personal nostalgia! This can be a movie/show/book you are nostalgic for, a part of a theme park you are nostalgic for, or a previous armchair imagineering project/prompt you feel nostalgia for! We want to see project that feels personal to you!

This will be a SOLO project! You will not be working with others, but we will still send out a chat thread for any players who want to help and/or tease each other.

--A Note on Judging--

This is your last chance to give it all you got and go for the win! The season so far will have a bit of an impact in choosing the winner, but mostly the season so far was about getting you to this moment. This is your chance to show off what you've learned and how you've grown during this game!

GvGQH6V.gif

Alright, Imagineers. Have fun! Go Create! Dream Big!

This is due on Saturday, April 9th at 11:59 PM WDW Time

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
RhJJC4B.png

--The Set Up--

What was the project that made you realize you loved armchair imagineering? What ride did you go on as a kid that made you fall in love with theme parks? What movie or show inspired you to develop your creative skills? What prompt from a past armchair imagineering game have you always wanted to take a second shot at?

UHQ80689410.jpg
enhance
SHRUNKSET_1_998.jpg
mk_tland1.jpg

--The Challenge--

Design an E-Ticket Attraction for the theme park of your choosing inspired by your own, personal nostalgia! This can be a movie/show/book you are nostalgic for, a part of a theme park you are nostalgic for, or a previous armchair imagineering project/prompt you feel nostalgia for! We want to see project that feels personal to you!

This will be a SOLO project! You will not be working with others, but we will still send out a chat thread for any players who want to help and/or tease each other.

--A Note on Judging--

This is your last chance to give it all you got and go for the win! The season so far will have a bit of an impact in choosing the winner, but mostly the season so far was about getting you to this moment. This is your chance to show off what you've learned and how you've grown during this game!

GvGQH6V.gif

How I can do for chat thread for new Roger Rabbit attraction for Disney's Hollywood Studios? Maybe new version of Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin or a Eddie Valiant EMV dark ride like scrapped Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Housekeeping.

It brings me no joy whatsoever to have to do this.

These games are all about having fun. But we must also maintain a sense of respect and reverence for our community and our works that we share on this forum. We all pour our hearts into our creative endeavors, and there is an expectation that by participating in this community, that effort will be respected by all.

Unfortunately, it has been brought to my attention that @DisneyFan32 has submitted multiple works that were outright plagiarized from other Imagineers, including during the previous round. As a result of this, DisneyFan will be disqualified from competing in the Finale.

This might be a little heavy for the forum, but it feels important to me to say it. Let me be absolutely clear that I do not believe in ostracizing people from the group, not in this circle or any others. People screw up. It is my belief that people deserve to be able to make amends for their mistakes, no matter how severe those mistakes are. Growth and change are only possible through forgiveness and empathy.

However, there at times must also be atonement, and in this case the only fair thing to do is to disqualify a player who made a poor choice. Had this transpired during the middle of the game, I would have simply levied a one Act ban. Because this breach of trust was only discovered at the very end of the game, there was really no other choice but to administer this ban for the Finale.

DisneyFan, I’m very sorry to have to do this publicly. But it had to be done for the integrity of the game. My only hope is that you truly learn from this mistake and make better choices in the future. I appreciate your energy and enthusiasm on the forum. We just cannot allow players to submit other peoples’ creations as their own.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Housekeeping.

It brings me no joy whatsoever to have to do this.

These games are all about having fun. But we must also maintain a sense of respect and reverence for our community and our works that we share on this forum. We all pour our hearts into our creative endeavors, and there is an expectation that by participating in this community, that effort will be respected by all.

Unfortunately, it has been brought to my attention that @DisneyFan32 has submitted multiple works that were outright plagiarized from other Imagineers, including during the previous round. As a result of this, DisneyFan will be disqualified from competing in the Finale.

This might be a little heavy for the forum, but it feels important to me to say it. Let me be absolutely clear that I do not believe in ostracizing people from the group, not in this circle or any others. People screw up. It is my belief that people deserve to be able to make amends for their mistakes, no matter how severe those mistakes are. Growth and change are only possible through forgiveness and empathy.

However, there at times must also be atonement, and in this case the only fair thing to do is to disqualify a player who made a poor choice. Had this transpired during the middle of the game, I would have simply levied a one Act ban. Because this breach of trust was only discovered at the very end of the game, there was really no other choice but to administer this ban for the Finale.

DisneyFan, I’m very sorry to have to do this publicly. But it had to be done for the integrity of the game. My only hope is that you truly learn from this mistake and make better choices in the future. I appreciate your energy and enthusiasm on the forum. We just cannot allow players to submit other peoples’ creations as their own.
What the heck?! My projects are perfect BUT....I'm sorry It's not my fault to copy @MANEATINGWREATH's project but. Come on, I need to finish this please. I need to ask nice as please? Please gave me another chance?

Chaos Cat

I had my reviews all written and ready, hit post, and then all my work just vanished into thin air without posting. And I didn't think to save it in a word doc first. 🙃

Okay, not writing all that again. Just going to summarize here:
  • Gotham City: Bold, amazing concept. Perfect for Chaosverse. Some parts were a bit rough, but still, great project overall.
    • (Also, not holding the Toontown fiasco against you guys. It's removed enough from the rest of the project to be considered separate and is outside the scope of the original prompt anyways)
  • Latin Quarter: Definitely the safer project, but ultimately just as good, if not better in some spots. Not a weak spot to be seen.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I had my reviews all written and ready, hit post, and then all my work just vanished into thin air without posting. And I didn't think to save it in a word doc first. 🙃

Okay, not writing all that again. Just going to summarize here:
  • Gotham City: Bold, amazing concept. Perfect for Chaosverse. Some parts were a bit rough, but still, great project overall.
    • (Also, not holding the Toontown fiasco against you guys. It's removed enough from the rest of the project to be considered separate and is outside the scope of the original prompt anyways)
  • Latin Quarter: Definitely the safer project, but ultimately just as good, if not better in some spots. Not a weak spot to be seen.
It's my own fault, guys. I've should do my own ideas for Toontown WB revamp. Not copying things.:banghead::banghead::banghead: I should've to do the finales right now....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Lizzy May Bee

RhJJC4B.png

--The Set Up--

UHQ80689410.jpg
enhance
SHRUNKSET_1_998.jpg
mk_tland1.jpg

--The Challenge--

--A Note on Judging--

GvGQH6V.gif

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
So are these the finalists? Anybody from the list not participating?
BrerPanther
Disney Dad 3000
Imagineer Brandon
montydysquith-navarro
ThemeParkPriest
Honey Bee (Rebooted)
Miru
Shannoninthemagic
JokersWild
Outbound
Solaris Knight
TheOriginalTiki
WazHatter08
NateD1226
Not me.:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom