• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report One Day in Disneyland

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
After riding Space and poking in a few stores, it was time for our Matterhorn Fastpass. For some reason the FASTPASS line was so long. I’m not sure if it had been down at some point and they were backed up or if this was normal for this ride. But we waited a good 20/25 minutes.
This is a fun ride. A little jerky in spots and actually, my favorite part was the stunning views from the top.

The area around the Matterhorn was beautifuly decorated. Not sure if it’s always like this or if the lights were left over from the holidays.

We managed to get one more FASTPASS- for Incredicoaster. So even though it was a bit of a hike, back to Pixar Pier we went!

Love Main Street at night! Who am I kidding, I love it all the time :)

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Advertisement
Pixar Pier is beautiful at night!!

Incredicoaster was awesome once again! By this point, it was just about 8. Nick and I talked about riding Pixar Pal Around but he was beat and wanted to call it a day :( So sadly, this is where our Disney day ends.

As I said earlier, I’m so glad I had those three days back in 2010 to really take in all the details of Disneyland. Because we really weren’t able to do that this time. It was still a super fun day, just jam packed busy & crowded. Looking back on it, I really loved the Pixar Pier area which is ironic because on my first visit, I was so unimpressed with the pier area.

As of right now, our next family trip to WDW is planned for January of 2020. It will actually be the same week Nick and I were away this year. Sage typically has off the Friday and Monday of MLK weekend so it’s a good time for us. Who knows, maybe we’ll be in the Magic Kingdom on January 22nd again!

Thanks for reading everyone!!

amjt660

Great TR of your go go gadget type day at DLR

The entrance from the grand Cali and the views of the park are worth it (to me!!)

Were you in separate cars fro RSR?
Did you race each other?
Who won?

Radiator Springs at night is amazing - hope you got a glimpse of it

Indy is my favourite- glad it was up and running eventually- it was new in 1995 and is showing its age in terms of uptime

Thanks for sharing

Max

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Great TR of your go go gadget type day at DLR

The entrance from the grand Cali and the views of the park are worth it (to me!!)

Were you in separate cars fro RSR?
Did you race each other?
Who won?

Radiator Springs at night is amazing - hope you got a glimpse of it

Indy is my favourite- glad it was up and running eventually- it was new in 1995 and is showing its age in terms of uptime

Thanks for sharing

Max
We would love to stay at the Grand Californian some day! We are thinking of joining DVC at some point so when our girls are older and can handle the long flight, we’d love to stay there with them and then spend some time in a San Diego.

We were in separate cars for RSR and we had a car in between us so sadly we did not get to race each other :p I was actually in the same row as a mom and her little boy (probably 4 or 5 years old) and it was like a little glimpse into what my life would be like if we had boys. She was pointing out all the characters and she knew all their names. She was overly excited trying to get him hyped up. It was so cute.

We didn’t think to walk back through there at night. Bummer.

Next time ;)

Thanks for reading :)

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
We love going to Anaheim first for 3-4 days and then finishing up in SD for 3-4 days

High energy - go go DLRfollowed up by beach/pool/ zoo and chill time

Max
Yes! We would love to do this someday. This particular trip we started in San Francisco and ended in Anaheim. So we didn’t get to see San Diego at all. We know our girls would love a DL/San Diego trip someday :)

fractal

Loved the report, thanks for sharing!

Yes, the front seat in Splash Mountain at DL is a soaker. I have to admit giggling at the poor girl in the front as she was getting soaked. :angelic:

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
How did you guys like the Matterhorn? I've heard that it's a rough ride for your back.
And now I realize that I've reached the point in my life where back pain informs my decisions. 😓
Yeah, honestly it was a little rough. It really whips you around the corners. It hurt my neck a little. I would be fine doing it once a day but I probably wouldn’t do it more than that.

Top Bottom