On-ride photo coming to Pirates of the Caribbean

AndyS2992

Just Disney trying to squeeze more money out of guests, expect more rides to get cameras in the near future. But this is one premium add on that doesn't bother me, I like on ride photos.

For years I used to just 'steal' the photos by either just taking a picture of the screen after the ride or would take them from Photopass as I would screenshot them on my PC as Disney disabled the right click and save as option on them and then I would edit them to look nice in Photoshop and then have them printed on glossy paper at a Kodak kiosk, but the they recently got wise to that and started adding watermarks to the pictures. Easily removed but takes actual time and effort which I can't be bothered to do anymore.

But anyway, Disneyland Paris has the photo taken when you are going down the drop, don't know why they didn't choose that for WDW, makes for a much more amusing picture.

mousehockey37

What happens when they run out of rides to put a photo on and the price of memory maker keeps rising and rising and rising. I don't know how they get away with raising prices on everything (Express Bus Service has ALREADY gone up, but it's still reasonable). I guess they know people will pay for it no matter what. I can't say I blame them for constantly raising prices.

That's the thing. They know there are families that, since this product exists, will leave the camera at home. People will find any way to justify the cost. On ride photos are something a camera carrier can't get. So that's where Disney is going to concentrate their efforts.

AndyS2992

What happens when they run out of rides to put a photo on and the price of memory maker keeps rising and rising and rising. I don't know how they get away with raising prices on everything (Express Bus Service has ALREADY gone up, but it's still reasonable). I guess they know people will pay for it no matter what. I can't say I blame them for constantly raising prices.
Add videos of course! Seven Dwarfs Mine and Tower of Terror already have it :p

mousehockey37

I mean, Disney's already taken some steps outside of the rides to "up" the value of the memory maker with the shots that you have to pose and they photoshop in a character. It's cheesy, but people do it. If I want to photoshop something in later, I'm more than capable.

tirian

That's the thing. They know there are families that, since this product exists, will leave the camera at home. People will find any way to justify the cost. On ride photos are something a camera carrier can't get. So that's where Disney is going to concentrate their efforts.
Except it's not an onride photo. It's a picture of you and about 12 other people in a boat. ;)

mousehockey37

Except it's not an onride photo. It's a picture of you and about 12 other people in a boat. ;)

Yup, so then people should complain that the memory maker costs too much. That or THEY can photoshop out the other families, or turn them into pirates or whatever...

Animaniac93-98

But anyway, Disneyland Paris has the photo taken when you are going down the drop, don't know why they didn't choose that for WDW, makes for a much more amusing picture.

The flash is also timed with an explosion effect, so you don't notice it.

I think they're trying to do the same with the lightning here, but on the drop itself makes much more sense.

Kman101

I kind of enjoy the expressions on others. It's the people watcher in me. Not that I'd buy the photo or want to have them in said photo but I've seen a lot of priceless ones.

Kman101

The drop does make sense but I'm glad I won't be seeing a bright flash of light as you drop I think seeing anything about the drop would ruin the fun of it. JMO

J. D.

Yup, so then people should complain that the memory maker costs too much. That or THEY can photoshop out the other families, or turn them into pirates or whatever...
There's no limit to how many pictures you can put on Memory Maker, so it's worth the price if you take advantage of that fact.

J. D.

I go on vacation with plenty of ammo for taking pictures... as do other people that bring their own cameras... point?
You answered your own question. People like you and plenty of others that are camera competent have no reason to buy Memory Maker. I feel people only need to buy Memory Maker if they're going to take full advantage of it, at which point the value to price ratio is completely what they make it.

mousehockey37

You answered your own question. People like you and plenty of others that are camera competent have no reason to buy Memory Maker. I feel people only need to buy Memory Maker if they're going to take full advantage of it, at which point the value to price ratio is completely what they make it.

Well, remember with MM you have to find Photopass Photographers. They're not everywhere. Sure, cameras are an ok substitute when needed, but those PP's aren't always around when you need them.

Sadly, Disney will continue to "enhance" these attractions and if there's a flash, or strobe of flashes as you go by, they're turning rides into medical hazards for people with conditions like epilepsy.

J. D.

Well, remember with MM you have to find Photopass Photographers. They're not everywhere. Sure, cameras are an ok substitute when needed, but those PP's aren't always around when you need them.

Sadly, Disney will continue to "enhance" these attractions and if there's a flash, or strobe of flashes as you go by, they're turning rides into medical hazards for people with conditions like epilepsy.
I'm with you on some of the ride photos becoming intrusive. As for Memory Maker, just about every character and most bigger icons have photographers there, so if you're a big family that is staying for multiple days then it could potentially be a great deal. I think you can have something like 45 days worth of photos on your Memory Maker, but with no limit on actual photo numbers. Again, it's not for everybody but I can see why some would buy it and consider it to be a good value.

mousehockey37

I'm with you on some of the ride photos becoming intrusive. As for Memory Maker, just about every character and most bigger icons have photographers there, so if you're a big family that is staying for multiple days then it could potentially be a great deal. I think you can have something like 45 days worth of photos on your Memory Maker, but with no limit on actual photo numbers. Again, it's not for everybody but I can see why some would buy it and consider it to be a good value.

Yup, just becomes a pain when you get those big families and they want every combination of kid, kid + parent, parent with character, etc in the photos... But that's a story for another thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom