On-ride photo coming to Pirates of the Caribbean

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Why? I could understand if they did it on the drop, but this is the most boring and pointless on-ride photo that I've ever seen.

I can think of a couple that are much worse (though none at Disney)... one former and one current one at Hershey Park quickly come to mind...

RandySavage

I get that these things are fun, funny and enjoyable to people - I myself have laughed at plenty - but on-ride photos, or more generally, any move that increases the amount of overtly high-tech features in anachronistic locales (e.g., new flatscreen tv menu boards in Frontierland, or photoshopped pictures of food on ODV carts in Liberty Square, or digital wait time indicators in Fantasyland), where these types of thematic conflicts were once eschewed (or not invented yet) is a pet peeve of mine.

I understand that there are anachronistic features everywhere you look in these parks, some by necessity, some by ignorance/laziness/cheapness, many by compromise. Theme design is an ongoing struggle among these put-you-in-the-story versus make-money/keep-you-safe elements of any space. I know having fun is the end goal but these feel like an amusement park gimmick versus the more thought out, less-commercial direction I'd like to see the parks take.

Monorail_Orange

Adding a picture isn't plussing the attraction. JMO. It's not the worst thing in the world but people get so worked up if it's not met with happiness. I don't know why I have to keep saying we all have different opinions and thoughts and ideas on things. If you like it, great! Some won't and that's OK. Who cares?
Ditto. In the grand scheme of things, this is a very minor change to the attraction itself. Generally, given the area we think it will be, it seems like this will not affect the on-ride experience, IMO. To use a bad pun, this seems like something to be nonplussed about.

Jedi Stitch

Damn, I was hoping for a Camera shot on the tree house. Just before the second big set of stairs. Oh the Horrors captured on those photos. They could even move a meet n great towards the end so it would be like an interactive que.

yedliW

Not that they will*, but maybe we should be on the lookout for on-ride photos at other classic attractions as well.
Haunted Mansion anyone? I could see it happening. Lot's of potential there. It was rumored right?

I think it would be cool to have it on the Haunted Mansion.. as long as they do it at the hitch hiking ghost scene at the end..

aladdin2007

I get that these things are fun, funny and enjoyable to people - I myself have laughed at plenty - but on-ride photos, or more generally, any move that increases the amount of overtly high-tech features in anachronistic locales (e.g., new flatscreen tv menu boards in Frontierland, or photoshopped pictures of food on ODV carts in Liberty Square, or digital wait time indicators in Fantasyland), where these types of thematic conflicts were once eschewed (or not invented yet) is a pet peeve of mine.

I understand that there are anachronistic features everywhere you look in these parks, some by necessity, some by ignorance/laziness/cheapness, many by compromise. Theme design is an ongoing struggle among these put-you-in-the-story versus make-money/keep-you-safe elements of any space. I know having fun is the end goal but these feel like an amusement park gimmick versus the more thought out, less-commercial direction I'd like to see the parks take.

I agree with you, and I feel its getting obtrusive, cant we enjoy a ride without a dang camera in our face all the time now? The flash on spaceship earth and frozen are bad. Plus you dont even get to see or approve of it unless you have memory maker or whatever it is, yet someone else gets to own a photo with you in it.

mousehockey37

Ugh, another lame option. Well, at least more families will have a chance to take iPhone pictures at the end of the ride (like most do on Buzz).

Of all the neat things they could do.... I guess the wheel of mystery landed on a dud. Oh well...

I think this is how the Disney execs determine what they'll do next anymore:
63038_04.jpg

Kman101

What happens when they run out of rides to put a photo on and the price of memory maker keeps rising and rising and rising. I don't know how they get away with raising prices on everything (Express Bus Service has ALREADY gone up, but it's still reasonable). I guess they know people will pay for it no matter what. I can't say I blame them for constantly raising prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom