ON or OFF Site

Nemo14

We've done both, and both have advantages. For a large group, we rent houses and enjoy the extra space, privacy, cooking & laundry facilities, and pool and hot tub. When it's just DH and me, we prefer the convenience of staying on site.

Upvote 0

rwdavis2

It really comes down to how much you want to pay to be immersed in "the magic". How much magic is there at a value vs. a deluxe resort?

In January we will be staying off site for the first time. For 5 people we rented a 3Bed/3Bath townhouse for about $220 a night. Include kitchen/washer/dryer. I don't think Disney even has anything with 3 bedrooms in it.

If it were just my wife and me we'd probably stay at WL again. But with 5 people staying on site is just too expensive. IMHO, there are really no perks you get by staying on site that are worth the extra expense.
BD

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I assume you mean accomodation

You can't beat on site for The Magic and convenience, but you can't beat off site for value.

I think its an individual thing based around the flexability of whoever pays and the needs of the group involved

Upvote 0

scole3388

It really comes down to how much you want to pay to be immersed in "the magic". How much magic is there at a value vs. a deluxe resort?

In January we will be staying off site for the first time. For 5 people we rented a 3Bed/3Bath townhouse for about $220 a night. Include kitchen/washer/dryer. I don't think Disney even has anything with 3 bedrooms in it.

If it were just my wife and me we'd probably stay at WL again. But with 5 people staying on site is just too expensive. IMHO, there are really no perks you get by staying on site that are worth the extra expense.
BD

Disney has 3-bedroom units (Grand Villas) in some of the Disney Vacation Club resorts which are available to anyone when they're not being occupied by members. They also have full kitchens and washers and dryers.

Upvote 0

blackerbys17

Yes they do but those grand villas are a FORTUNE!:eek:

I think I have found the perfect medium. This next trip I'm staying at Bonnett Creek Resort (inside WDW, right by Epcot) in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom villa, with jacuzzi and all for $222 a night! This way, i'm still staying on-site, not paying more than I normally spend at the WL or the Fort Wilderness cabins per night, and my family of 4 doesn't have to cram into a hotel room.

I can't wait!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom