On-line check in at 60 days

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I've done the on-line check in before a number of times. I enjoy the service and it works well for us. I'm less than a week away from the 60 day mark, which is the new 10 day mark as far as on-line check in. I'm not looking for another drawn out thread on MM+ and all that goes with it, we all have opinions on it. I'm looking to see what the fundamental differences in what I'm going to see on the screen, options, etc.. when I do on-line check in compared to previous experiences. Thanks for your help!

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Original Poster
I just did online check-in yesterday. It was easy. I have nothing to compare it to because I've only been to Disneyland and never stayed at a Disney hotel. It was set up with three pages, one credit card info., one room request info., and one for PIN numbers, I think. It took all of 2-3 minutes. I thought it went well. Pleased with the site in that respect.
Thank you for the information/ response!

Upvote 0

PREMiERdrum

We arrive in 16 days, and did online check-in a few weeks ago. It was easy enough, though the special request options are somewhat limited. After I completed online check in, I called them directly to add some specific requests. That seemed to work well, but we'll see how it goes on April 13th. ;)

Upvote 0

Stellajack

We have done online check-in several times in the past. THIS time I tried to check us in at 45 days and kept getting an error message re the site, with the suggestion that I try again later. After 5 attempts to check in within a 2 day period, I called Disney. Their system showed that we had indeed checked in, even though we had received the error message on each attempt. "Opal" (I believe) apologized and told me they had been having some problems with the site. We have found that online checkin gets us to our room sooner, though the lines are determined by the dates of your visit and the time of your arrival.

Upvote 0

gregsanity

I just did last week. You will have several spaces to provide your check-in and checkout times. Credit card information to file on your account, a pin number if you decide to use your Key to the World Card for merchandise or food purchases. At the end of the on-line completion process you will have several options to choose regarding your resort room as to being close to transportation and several other things. @Ademello192 you can request adjoining rooms during the process too or just call Disney Reservations and they will be happy to add that request to your account. It cannot be guaranteed but they will do everything possible to make it happen.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've done the on-line check in before a number of times. I enjoy the service and it works well for us. I'm less than a week away from the 60 day mark, which is the new 10 day mark as far as on-line check in. I'm not looking for another drawn out thread on MM+ and all that goes with it, we all have opinions on it. I'm looking to see what the fundamental differences in what I'm going to see on the screen, options, etc.. when I do on-line check in compared to previous experiences. Thanks for your help!
It is pretty much identical to what you might have seen in the past.

Naive here, but what are the benefits to online check in?
This might help.

http://www.kingdomkonsultantblog.com/2012/06/online-check-in-survival-guide.html

Upvote 0

bethymouse

I do not do online check-in. I like to make specific requests when we get there, and possibly get an "upgrade" when talking to the CM. It happens!:D
Hey you guys! Have fun! I'm jealous! Our spring break is next week, and I'd so like to be at WDW.:eek: But, I am patiently ( ha ha ) waiting for June!:D

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
I do not do online check-in. I like to make specific requests when we get there, and possibly get an "upgrade" when talking to the CM. It happens!:D
Hey you guys! Have fun! I'm jealous! Our spring break is next week, and I'd so like to be at WDW.:eek: But, I am patiently ( ha ha ) waiting for June!:D
We like to do the same and I used to worry that online check-in would reduce our chances of getting requests or upgrades, but my wife has convinced me the process of room assignment is still the same (as does Master Yoda's link above). We did online check-in at AKL during our last visit and still got a free upgrade to savanna view!

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

We like to do the same and I used to worry that online check-in would reduce our chances of getting requests or upgrades, but my wife has convinced me the process of room assignment is still the same (as does Master Yoda's link above). We did online check-in at AKL during our last visit and still got a free upgrade to savanna view!
Triple like!

Upvote 0

luv

Naive here, but what are the benefits to online check in?
You may have a quicker check-in line. But you may not! I have been in the online check-in line wishing I were in the other line. It's a toss up.

Other than the possibility of a shorter (or longer) check-in, there is no benefit.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You may have a quicker check-in line. But you may not! I have been in the online check-in line wishing I were in the other line. It's a toss up.

Other than the possibility of a shorter (or longer) check-in, there is no benefit.
Not exactly correct. I started using online check in the day it came out and the number of times our room has bee ready at arrival has gone up dramatically. We almost always arrive between 6:30-7:30 AM. Prior to online check in our room was ready maybe 5%-10% of the time. Since online check in came out that has increased to about 80%.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom