On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I didn't say that.

"Many cast members make poor life decisions."

NOT: "All cast members make poor life decisions."

NOR: "Cast members who make poor life decisions deserve to get rekt by COVID."
Your parsing...

“Many” is an implication of generality and a window into the soul.

That would be like me saying “most cast are worthless...they should be laid off”. That would indicate my disdain.

So then if you said “that’s horrible!! You hate the employees!”...I can’t squeeze out of it and say “I don’t say ALL...just some”

Doesn’t work that way...i showed my stripes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then has it gone down hill?? Look one of those psych questions.

It's like my 100 year old Aunt who reminsces of back in the day especially air travel. That means absolutely nothing to me.
I love MK since I first went in 2000 so while I believe you that it was golden but for it's still awesome
Right on queue, Liz...

Yes...it has 😉

The value and uniqueness of the experience has declined over time.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Your parsing...

“Many” is an implication of generality and a window into the soul.

That would be like me saying “most cast are worthless...they should be laid off”. That would indicate my disdain.

So then if you said “that’s horrible!! You hate the employees!”...I can’t squeeze out of it and say “I don’t say ALL...just some”

Doesn’t work that way...i showed my stripes.
You're conflating "many" and "most."

"Many" could be a very small share of a large population. If 5% of investment bankers used cocaine, it would still be fair to say "many investment bankers do drugs."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're conflating "many" and "most."

"Many" could be a very small share of a large population. If 5% of investment bankers used cocaine, it would still be fair to say "many investment bankers do drugs."
I don’t think I’m gonna change your mind on this...so it’s best to just stop.

But I gotta ask: do you think there’s anyway you’re gonna change Tom’s (or my) opinion of you on this?

Can’t put that genie back into the bottle. It is what it is.

brianstl

Agreed...

My contention is that Disney was looking for/wanted state pressure to remain closed (Check the tape on that)

It would be far easier for them not to be open but they didn’t have a choice.

In an ideal world...the sports would be there and nobody else would be.
In an ideal world they wouldn’t have took on a ton of debt buying buying 20th Century Fox and would have a ton of their own cash on hand and not have to go put more debt on the books to keep the lights on in Burbank.

The value of your own cash on hand is something Steve Jobs must of never shared with Iger in their conversations.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I don’t think I’m gonna change your mind on this...so it’s best to just stop.

But I gotta ask: do you think there’s anyway you’re gonna change Tom’s (or my) opinion of you on this?

Can’t put that genie back into the bottle. It is what it is.
Your opinion is nonsensical on its face. How many years of service do you have, Mr. Raleigh? I'm guessing castle pin?

Ragerunner

That's why I truly believe that unless a vaccine comes out early next year, Orlando's gonna be Detroited.

My wife and I are already looking at permanently leaving the sunshine state for a less volatile locale.
While I agree that Orlando’s economy is going to take a beating from this its much more diverse than you give it credit for. It’s a major player in the air and space industry, medical industry, video game industry and has a large university structure.
I would also say that Orlando’s crime rate is not even remotely like Detroit. Orlando’s murder rate ranked 35 in the US. Behind many metros like Nashville, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, etc. it’s also the 23rd largest metro in the US as well.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
While I agree that Orlando’s economy is going to take a beating from this its much more diverse than you give it credit for. It’s a major player in the air and space industry, medical industry, video game industry and has a large university structure.
I would also say that Orlando’s crime rate is not even remotely like Detroit. Orlando’s murder rate ranked 35 in the US. Behind many metros like Nashville, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, etc. it’s also the 23rd largest metro in the US as well.

Orlando's somewhat diverse, but without tourism, it's done for. The aerospace, media, medical, and education sectors there aren't enough to sustain it.

As far as the crime rate, I'm not talking about Detroit's crime rate now. I'm talking about its crime rate before it collapsed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Your opinion is nonsensical on its face. How many years of service do you have, Mr. Raleigh? I'm guessing castle pin?
I had about 3...20 years ago. So I supervised many. So I am well aware of the strengths and weakness of the average employee. But I never held disdain for them or looked down on them. Because that would indicate a failure of my parents...or my college professors.

That was 20 years ago...however.

...you got caught on this one. Own it and move on. So I can retract the “22stamps” label. That is not who you want to be and nor who you usually come off as.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Orlando is built around travel. Even the chamber of commerce - known internationally as the “we’re all gonna be rich!” Pep rally squad - admits that Orlando cannot survive without tourism.

brianstl

Orlando's somewhat diverse, but without tourism, it's done for. The aerospace, media, medical, and education sectors there aren't enough to sustain it.

As far as the crime rate, I'm not talking about Detroit's crime rate now. I'm talking about its crime rate before it collapsed.
Orlando might have a rough year or two. Their status will basically follow the country’s status, but it won’t become Detroit or another hallowed out 20th century industrial city. You just can’t pack up theme parks and off shore those jobs.

Castmbr

Jeremy often delves into topics he has no expert knowledge of for clicks, but that was
mostly a rant to excuse poor storytelling

Isn't that just Youtube anyway... I just think it is funny that the rumor board has this attention with differing points of view. I am interested in multiple points of view to help inform myself and will use that to help shape my own opinion.

brb1006

I don't know if you're familiar with TheQuartering. If you're not, well hopefully this post isn't deleted for being too "political".

TheQuartering AKA Jeremy Hambly became popular as a serial bully and harasser of female Magic the Gathering cosplayers (and used his channel to direct his viewers to do so as well). All over what he considered to be "inappropriate" outfits. So a bunch of women at these events were dogpiled with a massive amount of r*** and death threats among other cruel insults. Jeremy was banned from these events by the MTG owners over this behavior, and he continued to make content saying MTG hates men and are being controlled by crazy women and SJW white knights. He has also made countless videos about how women are the reason Star Wars sucks and are also ruining Marvel as well (I can't even count the amount of videos he's made ranting about Brie Larson). He's also a defender of the various extreme "mens rights" groups such as MGTOW and incels (deranged socially men who think all women are evil and fantasize about hurting and even killing them, which has led to real life violence and murder against women). He became irrationally enraged at Twitter users who said "Hitler/nazis are bad", responding with "yikes" and angrily labeling them "cringy SJW's". He deleted his Twitter the other day because he got butthurt at being called out for his objectively abhorrent comments and behavior.

I believe pheneix's information is legitimate and feel it's important to share it and have it break into the mainstream. But the few people i've seen sharing it on youtube thus far (including the aforementioned Geeks + Gamers and Clownfish TV from earlier posts) are a bunch of deranged losers whose channels are filled with tabloid nonsense wrong 99% of the time, colored with downright cruel hateful commentary. Content like theirs is highly inappropriate in general, but especially for a Disney website such as this. I recommend against clicking and sharing their videos.
Wow, also does this guy have something against Disney or something after that video about Iger and Disney?

UNCgolf

Then has it gone down hill?? Look one of those psych questions.

It's like my 100 year old Aunt who reminsces of back in the day especially air travel. That means absolutely nothing to me.
I love MK since I first went in 2000 so while I believe you that it was golden but for it's still awesome

It has.

That doesn't mean it's bad now (if it was bad I wouldn't go), but you definitely get less for your money than you did 25 years ago, which is especially egregious considering it's far more expensive now.

Lilofan

True that Orlando crime rate does not compare to Detroit but there are some sections of Orlando that one should not even venture in, day or night. It's unfortunate that some are near tourist areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom