On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Advertisement
Disney Stores are usually located in malls across America.
I thought most of their stores were closing anyway to take up residence in Targets?

Also, I've seen similar Disney sections in JC Penny's, and, well, Penny's not doing well right now.

Ldno

The axe is falling indeed on all markets.

This morning my girlfriend’s flight got cancelled for December out of the blue. Then removed booking Wednesdays alltogether because of a “government” decision, the reduced flights leaving will make her have a 12 hour layover at an airport, thank goodness her reservation window for dining/stuff is not set in stone, because it was easy to move the reservations for the parks a day and she still has some time.

Can you imagine if airlines did this a month closer to the flight? She would had been out of luck With the reservation system at the parks if they were sold out.

My question is does Magical Express run 24/7? She gets there right at 5am...

JoeCamel

This morning my girlfriend’s flight got cancelled for December out of the blue. Then removed booking Wednesdays alltogether because of a “government” decision, the reduced flights leaving will make her have a 12 hour layover at an airport, thank goodness her reservation window for dining/stuff is not set in stone, because it was easy to move the reservations for the parks a day and she still has some time.

Can you imagine if airlines did this a month closer to the flight? She would had been out of luck With the reservation system at the parks if they were sold out.

I booked a trip for this week three weeks ago. The flights have changed three times since then with the nonstop becoming a connecting flight.

Last edited:

TrainChasers

I’m not sure about the current operations but I flew overnight from Anaheim to Orlando a couple years back and got in at either 4 or 4:30 am. By the time I picked up my bag and got to magical express they were checking people in and boarding a bus.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While I DISAGREE with what WDW is doing here and yet again taking another step towards making their "resorts" just glorified hotels with a Disney name - a note on the comment above. Disney does not qualify for any of the PPP loans.

Corporate assistance was never disclosed...bout a trillion in that too.

You think a company with enormous political sway “got none”?

TrainChasers

But that is the new narrative. The last one didn't work for them. And boy, will it be shoved down our throats like castor oil or glue (it seems a little more accurate than 'gruel').

I can see Chapek singing now...

“Brimstone and treacle and carbolic soap, these are the tools of my trade. With spoonfuls of sugar you don’t have a hope of seeing that changes are made.”

Top Bottom