On February 17th try to aviod Disney's Contemporary Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahow7

Original Poster
On that day President George W. Bush will be attending a Republican Party fundraiser at Disney's Contemporary so obviously security is going to be on high alert so if you don't want the hastle you might want to stay away from the Contemporary or even the Magic Kingdom.

brkgnews

Thanks for the heads up. Now let's all pray to God this doesn't become a vicious political thread.

mhead

I will miss it by just a few days! :brick: I would love to be there for it myself.

jahow7

Original Poster
This was never intended to be a politcal thread. It was info to help people who might be around The Contemporary that day. Besides I am Canadian so I don't have a reason to make this a political thread.

bhg469

I wonder if they are going to shut down the monorail for that time, or maybe even do security checks before people get on the monorail.

TarzanRocked99-

In past visits

I used to work Guest Relations in MK and in a couple of W's previous visits for luncheons and fundraisers he has made it over briefly to one of the parks. For example he took some local children on Small World a couple years ago, so the security might not just be limited to the Contemporary. You really just never know.

brkgnews

I'm grateful for the info and advanced notice. I wasn't accusing you of trying to start something political (sorry if it came across that way). I've just seen it happen too many times to too many innocent threads. So far, so good, though. :D

Senderella

dangit!! i wonder if it's going to botch up the monorail. anyone know what time all of this is supposed to happen or when they're going to start with the security? we're staying at the WL and have a breakfast ADR at the poly. we were just going to get the boat from WL to contemp and get the monorail to poly. :fork:

9 replies

It took exactly nine replies before some winner had to go political. Normally, I wouldn't say anything and ignore the foolishness of turning an innocent thread into something political, however...

When will people grow up, and let politics stay in politics and disney stay in disney.

There's always some cute little comment like the above poster made...some noob with nothing better to do...

Stop trying to be witty and leave politics off of this board...

If someone wanted to discuss politics with you, StarScream86, they would have started a thread with a question like...What does the new member Starscream86 think about the president?

Last time I looked, that was not the title...so give up on all of the political bullcrap...this forum is supposed to be about disney...not about politics and disney...

Bucks4WDW

Oh, that is to just avoid the crowd and security for W. I thought they were going to be removing more busses from the DTD route. . .

wedway71

This thread brings up my ongoing question about Disney not having some sort of Special Response Tactical Unit. I know it might sound corny and im aware that the parks have local police on staff but if you think about it WDW is the most visited place in the world with Presidents and Movie Stars etc coming all the time.Im not in law enforcement but I dont see how 5 or 6 uniformed Orange County Sheriff Deputies could handle a major crises logistically if the %$#@ hit the fan.
I know Secret Service comes when Presidents and such come but what happens when there are no Secret Service and all the spot light is gone and something happens?:veryconfu

steviej

will the guests staying in the contemporary be inconvenienced? i suppose not, they cant ask guests to leave the hotel for a few hours, could they?

djmatthews

It would actually be quite interesting to see someone as high profile as W at WDW. Would he walk around with high security in the park? Are there any special checks on guests, cast and property?

I wonder if he'll be driven or use the private runway for Air Force One (obviously not the 747).

As far as visitor numbers go, the Contemporary Resort always has conventions, the only difference on this occasion is surly the security side of things.

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
I WAs gonna say something political, but im restraining, haha, :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom