OMG!!! I just got this....

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all! So what would you do....if you got a gift certificate to Walt Disney World for $500!!!! We have free dining so we have that covered. So...the question is...what would you do??????

jdavison

Pay for or upgrade your room is a great Idea.

You could also use it on some of the special tours, go see La Nouba, Dine at Victoria & Alberts, the Richard Petty driving experience, etc...

The list can go on and on.

Upvote 0

AEfx

I'd buy something nice and big from one of the Disney Art stores - a sculpture of the castle, something like that. Overpriced stuff I'd like but would only spend "free" money on. :)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

A Nice Souvineer.

I'd splash the cash,or in American slang,Dosh the Dollar,on a lovely print that I would hang in my entrance hallway,so every time I enter the house I would see this freebie and smile.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

harryk

Hi all! So what would you do....if you got a gift certificate to Walt Disney World for $500!!!! We have free dining so we have that covered. So...the question is...what would you do??????

Take a WDW tour that you have wanted to take but did not.

Or better yet.

Some good wine at one of the finer WDW restaurants......

:):xmas::):xmas:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
It was a gift from a family I work for since they are moving. So it was a thank you for caring for their child the past year and half. And its a disney gift card that can be used towards the disney store or at the world. They know my dh and I are going so that is the thank you gift they gave me. I cried I was so touched and excited! I reallt like the tour idea! I always forget about those. I know it won't be hard to find a way to spend it at the world! I just was thinking of doing something special or getting something special...something I may never be able to do again.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Got Ya!

It was a gift from a family I work for since they are moving. So it was a thank you for caring for their child the past year and half. And its a disney gift card that can be used towards the disney store or at the world. They know my dh and I are going so that is the thank you gift they gave me. I cried I was so touched and excited! I reallt like the tour idea! I always forget about those. I know it won't be hard to find a way to spend it at the world! I just was thinking of doing something special or getting something special...something I may never be able to do again.

Right,with you now.Wow that was really nice.The tour would be nice but a nice Souvineer would be something you could look back on in years to come.When we got married in Crete,a Greek friend of ours gave us money,rather than just blowing it on a meal & drink,we bought a print of the Island sunset and it hangs on the wall of our sun lounge, it's the only sunshine we get:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Do something that you normally wouldn't do. I think the 3 best things would be a tour, buying some artwork, or eating at V&A's. The tours are a uniquely Disney experience. The artwork would give you something that lets you remember time with both the family that gave you the gift, as well as the time you spend at WDW. A meal at V&A's is an amazing experience, not everyone has that level of restaurant and service near them. However, not everyone is comfortable with a multi course meal that takes place over a few hours. You can most likely do 2 of those 3 things if you plan it carefully.

Upvote 0

Alison1975

that is just so awesome!! I would def use it for a tour!

Upvote 0

nngrendel

A room upgrade sounds awesome unless youre like me and most of your plans keep you out of your room.

Tours seems like a great way too. There are several tours I would love to go on. However you cant take that home with you.

The souvineer option seems like a good idea to me. If you are going to be around during Star Wars weekend may I suggest this...

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-carbonite-star-wars-weekends-20629/

"‘Carbon Freeze Me’ opportunity in which guests can be digitally scanned to produce a likeness of themselves frozen in carbonite.

Carbonite Experience to be Offered at Star Wars Weekends 2012

:)

Upvote 0

crispy

These are my ideas. You could probably do a couple of them:

- A tour (maybe Keys to the Kingdom or the new one at AK)
- Dinner at Victoria and Albert's
- Tickets to La Nouba
- Fireworks cruise
- Upgrade to platinum dining plan
- Upgrade hotels

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom