Older WDW T-shirts

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Does anyone know any websites that list or sell older WDW T-shirts? I've looked on Ebay a few times, but it is hard to sift through the search results to find specifically theme park t-shirts.

I'm specifically interested in older Epcot t-shirts. Does anyone know what types of shirts were available? Were there shirts for individual attractions... i.e. a Horizons t-shirt or a Spaceship Earth t-shirt?

I know this is a strange question, but I'm sure there's someone out there who knows something about this.

Thanks!! :wave:

brkgnews

The way I sift throught the "new" Epcot versus "old" EPCOT stuff on eBay is to search for the term "EPCOT Center" rather than just "EPCOT." Since they dropped the "center" around 1994 or so, anything that says Epcot Center is older merchandise.

Also, look on cafepress.com and zazzle.com -- a lot of people have made new shirts that feature the old logos and such.

dixiegirl

nelsonj3 said:
Does anyone know any websites that list or sell older WDW T-shirts? I've looked on Ebay a few times, but it is hard to sift through the search result to find specifically theme park t-shirts.

I'm specifically interested in older Epcot t-shirts. Does anyone know what types of shirts were available? Were there shirts for individual attractions... i.e. a Horizons t-shirt or a Spaceship Earth t-shirt?

I know this is a strange question, but I'm sure there's someone out there who knows something about this.

NO does'nt sound weird at all...I've looked on ebay countless times for the older , vinatge look...I love the older epcot look and the older style wording of WALT DISNEY WORLD(that has the mickey head in theD disneywording)....hopefully someone can help you out!!!but no...your not alone!!

jeffb

nelsonj3 said:
Does anyone know any websites that list or sell older WDW T-shirts? I've looked on Ebay a few times, but it is hard to sift through the search result to find specifically theme park t-shirts.

I would recommend using ebay - and use any of these queries: "epcot shirt" "epcot center shirt", "epcot vintage shirt", "epcot vintage", etc...

The first 3 will produce relatively short lists. Searching ebay using "epcot -pin -pins" usually produces a list that is around 5 pages which is pretty managable.

There are/ were a bunch of shirts that have a picture on SSE on the shirt but I do not recall any Horizon shirts.

I am big fan of wearing my older disney shirts when I go to the parks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i have the blue EPCOT CENTER SSE tshirt that resembles the original poster outside the attraction. on the bottom of the design, below the logo for the park, it has the year printed next to the copyright (1982)

true classic. i only wear it once a year. :lol:

SewIn2Disney

You're def. not alone, I search weekly for vintage Epcot shirts. I also use the "epcot -pin -pins" search, as well as vintage epcot, retro epcot, old epcot, and epcot center (although some people still to this day refer to it as epcot CENTER, which drives me nuts.) Unfortunately, I don't know any other place to search for old shirts online.
Good luck!

nelsonj3

Original Poster
jmaxwell007 said:
i have the blue EPCOT CENTER SSE tshirt that resembles the original poster outside the attraction. on the bottom of the design, below the logo for the park, it has the year printed next to the copyright (1982)

Wow! That sounds like an awesome shirt! Thanks for all of the replies everyone. I'll try those ebay queries. I didn't know about the minus option. I've never used that before, but it makes sense.

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Here's an ebay store I just found using some of the queries above:
www.fsgoriginals.com

They specialize in making vintage looking WDW t-shirts. Some of them are great... like the TTA t-shirt that says "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your Party From Saturn Has Arrived. Please Give Them a Ring."
Check it out!

maelstrom

jmaxwell007 said:

My dad used to have that shirt, but he got rid of it! :fork: I find that one on eBay quite frequently. I search for "EPCOT Center" usually and find some good stuff.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
nelsonj3 said:
Wow! That sounds like an awesome shirt! Thanks for all of the replies everyone. I'll try those ebay queries. I didn't know about the minus option. I've never used that before, but it makes sense.
yep it is. i accidentally bought one just like it on ebay a few years ago for a "back-up" and didnt look at the size and it is an XS....... so my kids will have a cool tee to wear.

animay

There's one older shirt I still regret not buying. It was at Epcot and was a long sleeve, possibly a sweatshirt, with the old attraction symbols down the arms of it. This was around 2000 and I saw it in MouseGears. Was with a bunch of friends though and we were in a hurry so I didn't stop to buy it. I've never seen it anywhere since. I wonder if I just made it up in my head. :lookaroun

Main Street USA

nelsonj3 said:
Here's an ebay store I just found using some of the queries above:
www.fsgoriginals.com

They specialize in making vintage looking WDW t-shirts. Some of them are great... like the TTA t-shirt that says "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your Party From Saturn Has Arrived. Please Give Them a Ring."
Check it out!
Thanks, Nelsonj3! That's my store. I have a lot of fun dreaming those up, and plenty more are on the way.

JEDIsney

Main Street USA said:
I have a lot of fun dreaming those up, and plenty more are on the way.
Great! I love looking at your new designs. Hopefully soon I can save up enough money (when I'm not saving up for Disney, which is basically never) to buy all the shirts I like from you (which is all of them).

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Main Street USA said:
Thanks, Nelsonj3! That's my store. I have a lot of fun dreaming those up, and plenty more are on the way.

No Problem! Glad I found it. I hope to buy a few shirts soon. I particularly love your Horizons shirts!!

Keep up the good work!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom