Old nightclubs on Pleasure Island

Walt_Disney

Original Poster
Does anyone have a map overlay of where the old nightclubs used be and adventures club and what the buildings are now? Or a list ?

NiarrNDisney

Many of the structures were either repurposed or torn down entirely to make way for new builds but here's a list of where the Clubs were/would have sat on the Island.

Adventurers Club - The Edison
BET SoundStage (formerly Neon Armadillo) - Maria and Enzo's
Comedy Warehouse - STK
Fuego by Sosa Cigars - Wine Bar George
Mannequins Dance Palace - Morimoto Asia
Motion (formerly Fireworks Factory restaurant, Wildhorse Saloon) - The BOATHOUSE
Pleasure Island Jazz Company (formerly Merriweather's Market restaurant) - Raglan Road
Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club (formerly XZFR Rockin Rollerdrome) - Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar and the adjacent stage
8 Trax (formerly Videopolis, Cage) - Art of Shaving/Sanuk

macefamily

I was there once in 1993. It was a bit of a blur. It was my first time at a Florida park location, and I immediately became hooked. 38 visits later and we're annual pass holders and DVC'ers.
That night on Pleasure Island I vaguely remember going into a western-themed club and a disco-style club. It was stupid, but I left there to drive back to my DoubleTree room just outside of Universal Studios about 1:00 AM and a bit tipsy. Don't know how I made it back there with no GPS and my first visit to FL. Oh, and I left two friends stranded there who had to take a taxi back and then proceeded to order $80 of room service. They flew back home before me and never told me about it. Didn't notice until I checked out and saw the bill.

DavidS1234

Does anyone have a map overlay of where the old nightclubs used be and adventures club and what the buildings are now? Or a list ?
I've got a very clear map... in my brain 😁. I used to work 3rd shift custodial out there, so I had access to everything after hours... Adventures Club, Jazz Club, Rock n Roll Beach Club, Mannequins... you name it. One of my best memories of that time was one night when I was cleaning the Jazz Club. I decided to take a little break and play the piano that was on stage. Just started improvising... the acoustics were perfect. After a while I realized one of the engineers was sitting at one of the tables watching! I freaked out a little and thought I was busted... but he said "no no... keep going man!" I was blown away. I kept playing for a bit and he really was digging my amateur improv. Just a super cool memory from a long time ago. 😊

Lilofan

I've got a very clear map... in my brain 😁. I used to work 3rd shift custodial out there, so I had access to everything after hours... Adventures Club, Jazz Club, Rock n Roll Beach Club, Mannequins... you name it. One of my best memories of that time was one night when I was cleaning the Jazz Club. I decided to take a little break and play the piano that was on stage. Just started improvising... the acoustics were perfect. After a while I realized one of the engineers was sitting at one of the tables watching! I freaked out a little and thought I was busted... but he said "no no... keep going man!" I was blown away. I kept playing for a bit and he really was digging my amateur improv. Just a super cool memory from a long time ago. 😊
Lot of credit goes to you. Cleaning up a nightclub and the bathroom areas after pleasure island closes is a dirty job.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s been a while since I have done one of these and it`s not perfect but....

PI - DS compare copy.jpg

PI map 1990 key.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's amazing. Where did you get the details for the overlay? Also, what year is this from? I noticed 4 is called Cage, but it was 8-trax by 1994. I'm thinking of trying to 3D model a replica of PI if I can find the details and this might be a good first step!
Lol..thanks kinda “his thing”…

First time in this neighborhood? 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m trying to remember what actually wasn’t torn down?

Most of the waterfront buildings were…if I recall?

The opposite side of the street where the shops are now I think we’re gutted? From where the comedy club was wrapped around to mannequeens? That’s now STK on one end and Morimoto on the backside 😐

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I’m trying to remember what actually wasn’t torn down?

Most of the waterfront buildings were…if I recall?

The opposite side of the street where the shops are now I think we’re gutted? From where the comedy club was wrapped around to mannequeens? That’s now STK on one end and Morimoto on the backside 😐
All the waterfront ones were torn down except AC and BET Soundstage. They were torn down when the Hyperion Wharf concept came out in 2010, long before the announcement for Disney Springs. The rest were destroyed/ modified in 2012 and 2013.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom