Old Key West Area?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
So folks when I stay at OKW I love being as close to the main pool and bar as possible where do you like to stay at OKW??

stillgoofy

I like being on the river in either Bldg 45 or 46. To me that is the most serene spot. I can easily get to the pools with a short walk but I prefer being away from it all.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Bldg 45 is my fav. We had the very end unit so could see all the way up to the lighthouse to the right and all the way down the Sassagoula to the left.
That sounds great!

To be honest if I'm within 5 mins to Oilivas and that area then I'm Happy :D

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'm with you, Crush Dude, I like the front of the resort. ;)

Although on my last trip this past May I was assigned Building 30 on the corner of Turtle Pond Road, and I would get up early each morning and go for a jog, so I discovered that (a) OKW is not quite as big as I thought it was, and (b) the rear of the resort is quite nice and peaceful, if you're looking for a quiet getaway. But I still prefer that Building 27 be as far back as I'd like to stay. :)

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

We have been considering OKW for our next trip but have been put off by poor reports, and people saying it's very big and sprawling. You've obviously been before @Crush Dude and Tiggerish, what is it like?

Upvote 0

Brommy

It's not really *that* big! If you want a very, quiet relaxing stay then get a building furthest away from the Hospitality House. Even at the extremities of the resort, you are only a 10-15 minute walk from the HH and a maximum 5 minute walk from a bus stop.

Have to say, it's my favorite resort!

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We have been considering OKW for our next trip but have been put off by poor reports, and people saying it's very big and sprawling. You've obviously been before @Crush Dude and Tiggerish, what is it like?

I cant say enough about OKW, beautiful resort, great bus services, great pool bar in the gurgling suitcase, very peaceful, if you request a room clise to the HH you wont have to worry about the size of the resort, great food at Olivias and massive rooms! Cant wait to get back there in 30 days :D

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

I cant say enough about OKW, beautiful resort, great bus services, great pool bar in the gurgling suitcase, very peaceful, if you request a room clise to the HH you wont have to worry about the size of the resort, great food at Olivias and massive rooms! Cant wait to get back there in 30 days :D

It's not really *that* big! If you want a very, quiet relaxing stay then get a building furthest away from the Hospitality House. Even at the extremities of the resort, you are only a 10-15 minute walk from the HH and a maximum 5 minute walk from a bus stop.

Have to say, it's my favorite resort!

Thank you for that both of you. Definately worth considering by the sounds of it - even though we are having a year off next year ;)

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We have been considering OKW for our next trip but have been put off by poor reports, and people saying it's very big and sprawling. You've obviously been before @CrushDude and Tiggerish, what is it like?

I love OKW. When we bought into DVC, the Boardwalk was nearly finished and we could have had that as our home resort, but I chose OKW because I liked the laid-back feel, and call me girly, but the pastel buildings are so pretty--it just feels like everything Florida is supposed to be. I also love that it feels like a small town--it is the only DVC resort that's laid out like that, many small buildings, to me it really truly does feel like "home". Yes, it is spread out a bit, and maybe some of the cul-de-sacs can get confusing, but there's plenty of signage to follow. The benefit to the sprawl, though, is that there are a number of pools, so wherever you are, you're not too far from a pool and a bus stop.

Although I haven't experienced the great bus service, I have to agree with the rest of Crush's post, he is spot on. The rooms are fabulous, not anything like them on property, plenty of room to spread out, which is great if you're there for a while.

Note: Being from NYC, I have unreasonably high expectations about the bus service, so don't mind that comment. ;) We always rent a car, anyway.

I hope you'll give it a chance some day! :)

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I love OKW. When we bought into DVC, the Boardwalk was nearly finished and we could have had that as our home resort, but I chose OKW because I liked the laid-back feel, and call me girly, but the pastel buildings are so pretty--it just feels like everything Florida is supposed to be. I also love that it feels like a small town--it is the only DVC resort that's laid out like that, many small buildings, to me it really truly does feel like "home". Yes, it is spread out a bit, and maybe some of the cul-de-sacs can get confusing, but there's plenty of signage to follow. The benefit to the sprawl, though, is that there are a number of pools, so wherever you are, you're not too far from a pool and a bus stop.

Although I haven't experienced the great bus service, I have to agree with the rest of Crush's post, he is spot on. The rooms are fabulous, not anything like them on property, plenty of room to spread out, which is great if you're there for a while.

Note: Being from NYC, I have unreasonably high expectations about the bus service, so don't mind that comment. ;) We always rent a car, anyway.

I hope you'll give it a chance some day! :)
I think the rooms are my fave part of OKW!
So massive its great, especially when we are there for 3 weeks :)

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

No problem! Pm me if ya need any additional info :)
Building numbers close to centre, resort msps etc. :D

Thanks, will do.

What I really need is some one to convince my husband that I really NEED to go to WDW next year, as I told him I wasn't - he doesn't 'get' the whole Disney thing, he went once to DL, once to WDW and twice to DLP, his Disney boxes are all ticked :confused:

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Thanks, will do.

What I really need is some one to convince my husband that I really NEED to go to WDW next year, as I told him I wasn't - he doesn't 'get' the whole Disney thing, he went once to DL, once to WDW and twice to DLP, his Disney boxes are all ticked :confused:

Send him to R&C for a day :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom