Old epcot logo

Denziroli

Original Poster
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows what the 5 rings in the old epcot loco mean & if they have any significance to anything in WDW?

Jaytrod

They stood for the 5 original pavilions at EPCOT Center..SSE,The Land, JII, Energy, and world of motion, and the globe in the center is for World Showcase.

EPCOT Explorer

They stood for the 5 original pavilions at EPCOT Center..SSE,The Land, JII, Energy, and world of motion, and the globe in the center is for World Showcase.
Actually...Globe=Earth. WS had it's own logo.

When I get home, I'll look up the "official" meaning for you...It's in one of my books.:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Here we are...

The EPCOT Center logo is a graphic representation of the park's philosophy. It symbolizes unity, fellowship and harmony around the world. The 5 outer rings form the shape of a flower (a Lotus- much like in ROE) - a celebration of life. (The 5 rings are also symbolic of the original pavilions like in my avatar) The heart of the logo is Earth, embraced by a star symbolizing hope-the hope that with imagination, commitment and dedication we can create a new tomorrow.

Beautiful, isn't it?:)

jakeman

If it was, they'd still be using it. :mad:
Meh, maybe, maybe not.

Most of the logos at WDW have seen a transition or two. Just because something isn't still used doesn't mean it was a failure at the time.

Look at how many people still cling to it. Seems like pretty effective marketing to me.

hpyhnt 1000

Outside of fanboys, I'd argue no one has any idea what it is.

Sadness.

Ah, true. Wish they would bring back some kind of logo with symbolism behind it. Sure, not everyone will get it, but the extra thought is much appreciated for the 5-10% of people who do get it. :eek:

Speaking of the logo, it just so happens that I was really bored in Statistics the other day and decided to do a little drawing on my calculator. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. :D

EpcotGuideforDisabilities-1.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Ah, true. Wish they would bring back some kind of logo with symbolism behind it. Sure, not everyone will get it, but the extra thought is much appreciated for the 5-10% of people who do get it. :eek:

Speaking of the logo, it just so happens that I was really bored in Statistics the other day and decided to do a little drawing on my calculator. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. :D

This = time consuming winz.:lol::sohappy:

Nice job.

TheDisneyMagic

*Thumbs Up!*

Great job my friend!

krankenstein

That FTW!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Nice job! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom