OKW, which building to request.

WishinUponAStar

I am thinking about booking OKW for our August '06 vacation. I have never stayed there but DEFINATELY prefer to be as close as possible (walking distance) to lobby/pool/restaurant, etc...

Which building would you request with this preference? Keep in mind I will have a Studio.

ARE there any building really close to the "hub" without taking a bus to get there?

Thank you!

Craig & Lisa

WishinUponAStar said:
I am thinking about booking OKW for our August '06 vacation. I have never stayed there but DEFINATELY prefer to be as close as possible (walking distance) to lobby/pool/restaurant, etc...

Which building would you request with this preference? Keep in mind I will have a Studio.

ARE there any building really close to the "hub" without taking a bus to get there?

Thank you!

We've stayed there twice, no question about it, building 13, it is closest to the hospitality house buses, pool, and the shuttle to DTD. It may be the last place the bus drops off but when you leave for the parks, you get on and go.

Upvote 0

WishinUponAStar

Original Poster
Craig & Lisa said:
We've stayed there twice, no question about it, building 13, it is closest to the hospitality house buses, pool, and the shuttle to DTD. It may be the last place the bus drops off but when you leave for the parks, you get on and go.

Thank you for the info! Do you happen to know if building 13 has studios in it? I was hoping that the "up close" buildings weren't reserved jsut for grand villas or something.

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
Buildings 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 62 and 63 are all within a 2 minute walk of the Hospitality House. Buildings 12 is smoking optional, if that matters to you. Old Key West does not have any dedicated studios. Every building has at least 2 studios, however they often combine a 1 BR and an adjacent studio to make up a 2 BR. Buildings 11, 13, 23, 62 and 63 all have 4 studios, Building 12 has 2 studios and Building 14 has 12 studios. Here is a link to an OKW resort map:

http://disneydoc.homestead.com/files/okwmap___newest_coded_map.JPG

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

WishinUponAStar

Original Poster
mrerk said:
Buildings 11, 12, 12, 14, 23, 62 and 63 are all within a 2 minute walk of the Hospitality House. Buildings 12 is smoking optional, if that matters to you. Old Key West does not have any dedicated studios. Every building has at least 2 studios, however they often combine a 1 BR and an adjacent studio to make up a 2 BR. Buildings 11, 13, 23, 62 and 63 all have 4 studios, Building 12 has 2 studios and Building 14 has 12 studios. Here is a link to an OKW resort map:

http://disneydoc.homestead.com/files/okwmap___newest_coded_map.JPG

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! Exactly the information I wanted to know!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom