OKW "Hospitality House Category"

611williamsj

Hi I'm staying at OKW in September 2011 and have requested the "Hospitality House Category" which I know are buildings 11-14 and 23-26 as they are very popular is there any reason why they are popular apart from there location to the Hospitality House for example views and one final question have they been renovated yet

Thanks

dreamfinder

The views at OKW are one of three views if I recall correctly. Golf course, pool, parking/road. And most buildings have at least 2 of the 3, if not all 3. So I don't recall any building that seemed to have better views than the others.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I don't know how much of an idea this will give you in terms of scale and scope, but yeah, the grounds of OKW is kind of ginormous. If you're the type who plans to spend some time enjoying the amenities of the resort, grab breakfast in their food area before heading to the parks, etc., close is good. Being in building 40-44 at least gets you close to a snack bar and arcade...

okwmap.jpg

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I don't know how much of an idea this will give you in terms of scale and scope, but yeah, the grounds of OKW is kind of ginormous. If you're the type who plans to spend some time enjoying the amenities of the resort, grab breakfast in their food area before heading to the parks, etc., close is good. Being in building 40-44 at least gets you close to a snack bar and arcade...

okwmap.jpg

Unfortunately, I believe the Turtle Shack snack bar only opens during the busier seasons (and possibly only summer). By September, the only food options are probably at the front of the resort.

Upvote 0

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
If you can't get close to the Hospitality house then the next best option would be to take any bus that stops at your closest bus stop, and ride it til it gets to the House. Hospitality House is usually either the first or last stop in OKW. So you have a 50 percent chance of getting there :drevil:

Upvote 0

Rob562

If you can't get close to the Hospitality house then the next best option would be to take any bus that stops at your closest bus stop, and ride it til it gets to the House. Hospitality House is usually either the first or last stop in OKW. So you have a 50 percent chance of getting there :drevil:

If I'm not mistaken, at least one route (Downtown Disney, I think) stops at Hospitality House at both the start and end of its run through the resort, to allow people to use it as an internal shuttle.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

If I'm not mistaken, at least one route (Downtown Disney, I think) stops at Hospitality House at both the start and end of its run through the resort, to allow people to use it as an internal shuttle.

-Rob

When I was there in November, there were buses that were marked internal shuttle. I've only stayed there that one time though, so I don't know if this is usual or was something they were trying out.

Upvote 0

heliumalias

There's an internal shuttle and buses that go around the property in opposing directions (usually the Downtown/typhoon bus). It's not that far to walk to the hospitality house from any of the rooms but if you plan on taking hot food back to your room it will be a lot colder by the time you get there.

Upvote 0

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
There's an internal shuttle and buses that go around the property in opposing directions (usually the Downtown/typhoon bus). It's not that far to walk to the hospitality house from any of the rooms but if you plan on taking hot food back to your room it will be a lot colder by the time you get there.

Or if you have walked all day in the parks, and just want to relax

Upvote 0

Brommy

We've stayed a couple of times at OKW once in building 28 and once in 49 (which is right at the far end of the resort). Even when we were in 49, it was only a 10ish minute walk to the Hospitality house and a 2 minute walk to the nearest bus stop.

Upvote 0

JonBoy

We are staying at OKW in August and getting ready to make ADR ib Feb!! At that time we may request a particular block, do you have to pay extra to stay in a Hospitality House category villa?
Cheers

Jon

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Hi I'm staying at OKW in September 2011 and have requested the "Hospitality House Category" which I know are buildings 11-14 and 23-26 as they are very popular is there any reason why they are popular apart from there location to the Hospitality House for example views and one final question have they been renovated yet

Thanks
Views are pretty much canal or golf course/greenery. The way OKW is situated is such that all of the roadways are towards the front of the villas where the parking is. The views are out the back patio and they all face towards the more quiet areas of the resort. I haven't had one that is a bad view at all.

OKW is larger and the HH area has a lot so being near to it for some is important. We use all that the HH and the CH/main pool area have to offer so we book HH area always. Though we ask for Peninsular stop since we prefer that more.

Upvote 0

Minthorne

Views are pretty much canal or golf course/greenery. The way OKW is situated is such that all of the roadways are towards the front of the villas where the parking is. The views are out the back patio and they all face towards the more quiet areas of the resort. I haven't had one that is a bad view at all.

OKW is larger and the HH area has a lot so being near to it for some is important. We use all that the HH and the CH/main pool area have to offer so we book HH area always. Though we ask for Peninsular stop since we prefer that more.

I wonder how their trip was almost 6 years ago.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom