OK, what could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?

nol_dur

The US will never get anything as cool as Disney Sea. Why? Answer, because Disney does not need to, guests will mob the US parks no matter what Disney does or does not do there.

That said, I am looking forward to experiencing all the new stuff at WDW. The down side, as always, the mobs of people at WDW will be worse than ever!
Also, it was made with the help of the Oriental Land Company so we'll probably never see a park like that come here unless they pair up with another company

Thingamabob

Bring back the Night Parades at the MK. Off Kilter would be great to have back at the Canadian Pavilion in Epcot as well. I am also all for bringing back Maelstrom in Norway. I do love the Frozen ride , but it just don't fit right.

FettFan

Bring back the Night Parades at the MK. Off Kilter would be great to have back at the Canadian Pavilion in Epcot as well. I am also all for bringing back Maelstrom in Norway. I do love the Frozen ride , but it just don't fit right.

Build an Arandelle mini-land at Magic Kingdom.
B-352.jpg

Hong Kong Disneyland is getting one, why not Florida?

CalebS

I’m a bit of a pixie duster, but my last trip opened my eyes to how bad the overcrowding is. It was so packed in a supposed off time! But anyway If i had my say I would...
MK: get rid of the tomorrow land speedway and put in three medium/small scale dark rides in its place like disneyland would have in their fantasy land (increased capacity + more rides = win IMO.) FIX THE DEAD END PAST BIG THUNDER! wrap it around to the haunted mansion and put some kind of ride in there somewhere. Put a show similar to alien encounter back in.. there are rides for kids there is no reason something can’t be for teens and adults. Put Indiana Jones in adventure land, personal opinion, but i think he fits really well there.

Epcot: Redo the storyline of both the seas and imagination.. good lord Disney has some of the best creative minds in the world you can do better. Fix the spaceship earth descent. Let’s add a couple more country pavillions. Roller coasters fit in epcot as long as they’re thematically appropriate, put in mt fuji in japan. A real mary poppins dark ride for the UK. The US is the host country for the world showcase and we don’t have a ride to go with our show? come on.

DAK: Oh, how i love animal kingdom. First and foremost DON’T RUIN THE ONLY COHESIVE PARK IN FLORIDA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. In dinoland put a version of the excavator coaster concept in place of chester and hester. Add another ride to pandora. Expand the park into the massive amount of expansion space available this awesome park simply doesn’t have all that it needs for the crowds it is currently getting. Maybe some sort of ride involving a river cave boat tour involving the wildlife that dwells down there (realistic concept) that then goes wrong or something and theres a monster and then you plunge down an 80 ft drop, idk.

DHS: A real fully built toontown would probably blend well here. This park needs a lot more for sure, the obvious is that it doesn’t have a boat ride or an omnimover which would be good adds. Also this would be a good park for the shanghai pirates tech to. Maybe some type of ride like spiderman at IOA

EDIT: I think I just spent 5 billion dollars, so both Bobs had me blacklisted from TWDC for life.

NickPytlinski

I’m a bit of a pixie duster, but my last trip opened my eyes to how bad the overcrowding is. It was so packed in a supposed off time! But anyway If i had my say I would...
MK: get rid of the tomorrow land speedway and put in three medium/small scale dark rides in its place like disneyland would have in their fantasy land (increased capacity + more rides = win IMO.) FIX THE DEAD END PAST BIG THUNDER! wrap it around to the haunted mansion and put some kind of ride in there somewhere. Put a show similar to alien encounter back in.. there are rides for kids there is no reason something can’t be for teens and adults. Put Indiana Jones in adventure land, personal opinion, but i think he fits really well there.

Epcot: Redo the storyline of both the seas and imagination.. good lord Disney has some of the best creative minds in the world you can do better. Fix the spaceship earth descent. Let’s add a couple more country pavillions. Roller coasters fit in epcot as long as they’re thematically appropriate, put in mt fuji in japan. A real mary poppins dark ride for the UK. The US is the host country for the world showcase and we don’t have a ride to go with our show? come on.

DAK: Oh, how i love animal kingdom. First and foremost DON’T RUIN THE ONLY COHESIVE PARK IN FLORIDA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. In dinoland put a version of the excavator coaster concept in place of chester and hester. Add another ride to pandora. Expand the park into the massive amount of expansion space available this awesome park simply doesn’t have all that it needs for the crowds it is currently getting. Maybe some sort of ride involving a river cave boat tour involving the wildlife that dwells down there (realistic concept) that then goes wrong or something and theres a monster and then you plunge down an 80 ft drop, idk.

DHS: A real fully built toontown would probably blend well here. This park needs a lot more for sure, the obvious is that it doesn’t have a boat ride or an omnimover which would be good adds. Also this would be a good park for the shanghai pirates tech to. Maybe some type of ride like spiderman at IOA

EDIT: I think I just spent 5 billion dollars, so both Bobs had me blacklisted from TWDC for life.

the 5 billion is so worth it tho :)

Heppenheimer

For all these grand ideas I'm reading here... look at the overhead images of the parks on Google Earth and you can instantly see why most of these pipe dreams simply are not feasible. Although the entire property has an abundance of land, the actual parks are surprisingly constrained by the geography (particularly the waterways) and infrastructure that surrounds them. There simply isn't much space to add too much beyond what is already there. Keep in mind, beside the actual footprint of the attraction, anything new adds to the logistical burden of the parks. You need somewhere to put all the additional support elements and it needs to be accessible to the existing logistics infrastructure. So, you can say "they could put ride X in the space between ride W and ride Y", which might be true, but being able to build and run that ride cost effectivley are a different story. The Magic Kingdom is particularly contstrained by both the the reach of the Utilidoors and the massive logistical complex that sits behind the park.

Last edited:

nol_dur

For all these grand ideas I'm reading here... look at the overhead images of the parks on Google Earth and you can instantly see why most of these pipe dreams simply are not feasible. Although the entire property has an abundance of land, the actual parks are surprisingly constrained by the geography (particularly the waterways) and infrastructure that surrounds them. There simply isn't much space to add too much beyond what is already there. Keep in mind, beside the actual footprint of the attraction, anything new adds to the logistical burden of the parks. You need somewhere to put all the additional support elements and it needs to be accessible to the existing logistics infrastructure. So, you can say "they could put ride X in the space between ride W and ride Y", which might be true, but being able to build and run that ride cost effectivley are a different story. The Magic Kingdom is particularly contstrained by both the the reach of the Utilidoors and the massive logistical complex that sits behind the park.
Sadly this is the truth

Heppenheimer

Just think ----if Walt Disney looked at the Orlando swamp and said it can't be done we would not have WDW today
Walt didn't have a magic wand, he had an empty piece of land the size of Manhattan and an army of engineers, architects and logisticians to make it happen. The current Disney company has all of the above and more, but that piece of land the size of Manhattan is no longer empty.

There's probably enough room for a 5th major park, but I stand by my previous statement. With the possible exception of Animal Kingdom, the future growth of the current parks probably will be limited to small, piecemeal additions. There just isn't that much empty space in the immediate adjacent areas.

lindawdw

I think Disney should build another Disney World in someplace like maybe Texas which would draw people from both coasts and alleviate the ridiculous crowds that converge on WDW Florida now. The long lines have created a non-enjoyable park experience for a lot of us and I only see it getting worse with the opening of Star Wars Land.

Tom Thompson

As someone who has been to Disney 40 + times over the last 35 years . And to answer the question posted here . Make it less crowded with only 5 - 10 wait lines , add WAY more rides per park , less expensive , WAY better food ( especially quick service food varieties ), figure out how to enclose the parks and have them air conditioned ( would also eliminate poncho's ) , have foot massage stations strategically located around the parks ( free to DVC members of course ) , bring back the Great movie ride in HS ........... LOL , ha ha , only kidding ! Although all of this would be really great , obviously it cannot happen . Disney is super successful , a victim of their own success . It has changed over the years ( probably not for the better ) , but that is what happens when you get bigger and bigger . We now pick our spots to enjoy . Less days in the parks simply because we have seen it / done it all . Still enjoy the overall atmosphere at DW .So , to really simply answer the question . THEY NEED MORE RIDES / ATTRACTIONS IN EVERY PARK . I want to come out after a day in the parks , feet hurtin , sweaty , exhausted and say " We had a blast on all those rides today , didn't we gang !!! " :cool: TT out !

Incomudro

I'm quite happy with just about everything WDW is doing.
But, yeah - bring back the Red Head. PC Pirates is ridiculous.
Fix the Yeti.
Update the Speedway to fit in with tomorrow and Tron.

KimAnnFran

What COULD they do?
1) Limit guests to parks somehow
2) Bring back the "real" EPCOT
3) Use the surrounding land to expand and keep beloved attractions
4) Pull Horizons out of the closet and bring back anywhere
5) Lower food prices 20%

I can go on and on.

Heppenheimer

Simply because something is difficult does not mean it can't be done. Cities like NYC have to deal deal with all sorts of underground infrastructure but they get it done.
Almost anything can be done. Not everything can be done profitably. Not even the Disney company can magically expand physical space.

Also, the options for building underground in central Florida are extremely limited by the high water table. This is probably the chief reason we don't have a 4th monorail resort. The land they had allocated to the never-built Mediterranean resort (that empty spot between the Contemporary and Transportation and Ticket Center) was found unsuitable for building.

Disney.Mike

If Disney isnt going to increase cost to a reasonable level to reduce crowds they need to sell an unlimited FP+ ticket. Just give people who purchase this entry to all fastpass lines without limit.

I'd gladly pay $300 a day for that ticket.

justintheharris

The US will never get anything as cool as Disney Sea. Why? Answer, because Disney does not need to, guests will mob the US parks no matter what Disney does or does not do there.

That said, I am looking forward to experiencing all the new stuff at WDW. The down side, as always, the mobs of people at WDW will be worse than ever!
As someone who's been to Tokyo DisneySea, the answer is because there's nothing actually that cool at Tokyo DisneySea.... there are many things just as cool and far cooler in Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom