OK - So BOG really is good

cw1982

Along that line, does it do any good to request a specific room?
Do they try to honor it, or is that discouraged?
I've got a Saturday night reservation in September, and I'm not the type to normally make restaurant seating requests, but the West Wing sounds very intriguing to me.

Anybody try to ask for a specific room?

In June, they didn't ask us if we wanted a specific room or anything, but honestly IMO it wouldn't be worth waiting longer to be able to sit in a certain room if needed because after you eat, you're welcome to wander the castle as you choose. You can visit the other dining rooms and no one is going to keep up with how long you're in there. In fact, eating in the main ball room might be best because the other two rooms constantly have people going in and out to get to see everything. I've also heard people say that they thought they wanted to eat in the West Wing until they got in there and saw how dark it was.

You'll get to see the West Wing either way... I'd leave the seating to chance if it was me.

Last edited:

LWB

I've got a Saturday night reservation in September, and I'm not the type to normally make restaurant seating requests, but the West Wing sounds very intriguing to me.

I don't know that they would honor a room request, but if you could choose, I would actually not choose the West Wing! It is really dark. That means as people walk through and try to take pictures of the rose, the torn painting, etc, there are flashes going off! I felt sorry for some of the diners that looked like they were getting blinded at dinner!!! Also, the tables seemed really close together in there so you have a stream of people touring the room so it gets really tight. We dined in the room with all the gallery paintings and preferred it - the room was festive but the tables were spaced out so we weren't disturbed at all by people touring the room. Remember you can walk all over the castle so you'll get a chance to see all of it, regardless of where you dine!

Prince-1

I'll be in the minority who didn't like the food. I thought the restaurant itself is stunning and really captured the feel of the movie but I thought the food was lacking both times I was there. But each to his own.

disney4life2008

I enjoyed it for lunch. I loved the leek soup too. Trying it again this Saturday actually with FP+. Pricey but typical for Disney and if once-in-awhile. Now Plaza Restaurant is a must-do for me EVERY trip. :cool:
I've never done dinner at BOG but the dinner entrees never really entice me considering the prices.

Happy I have the Plaza reserved for my first day. I have a 11am ADR (flight gets in at 8am so I will be starving). I am under 30 days and still have not been able to secure a lunch FP+. Like others I just want to go inside, the food seems less than enticing. But I will keep trying. Otherwise, I still with Cosmic Rays.

TRONorail12

Happy I have the Plaza reserved for my first day. I have a 11am ADR (flight gets in at 8am so I will be starving). I am under 30 days and still have not been able to secure a lunch FP+. Like others I just want to go inside, the food seems less than enticing. But I will keep trying. Otherwise, I still with Cosmic Rays.

If you already think the food is less than enticing, your mind is already thinking negatively about the food before you've tried it. Therefore, even if you do go and the food is good, your mind will try to pick out everything negative about the experience. I always encourage people to have an open mind about food.

TRONorail12

You can request a room at the podium upon check-in for your dinner reservation. It is not discouraged, they are more than happy to honor requests. However, you may be quoted an additional wait time depending on when a table may become available. Otherwise, reservations are seated upon first available table for your party size.

disney4life2008

If you already think the food is less than enticing, your mind is already thinking negatively about the food before you've tried it. Therefore, even if you do go and the food is good, your mind will try to pick out everything negative about the experience. I always encourage people to have an open mind about food.

I would not say that. I said the same thing about Cheesecake Factory the first time I went and ended up falling in love with it thereafter. But you correct about being open minded which is why I want to try it out. I am budgeted to go to BOG for lunch so I am putting experience or food.

Lexie

Question about fast pass since some on this thread have used it... Going mid august and have been trying to get a lunch fast pass for a month... Any chance at this point they just haven't opened those dates up yet? (We arrive aug 9)

disney4life2008

Question about fast pass since some on this thread have used it... Going mid august and have been trying to get a lunch fast pass for a month... Any chance at this point they just haven't opened those dates up yet? (We arrive aug 9)

We arrive same day and I have not seen an opening yet and I have been trying everyday. I have read that you can reserve 30 days out but nothing has changed.

CStyles45

Check everyday on the site. It should be very soon. We just got ours for Aug 3rd.

cw1982

We arrive same day and I have not seen an opening yet and I have been trying everyday. I have read that you can reserve 30 days out but nothing has changed.

Everything I've observed seems to suggest that the 30-day thing is more of an estimate than a hard timeline. Ours was more like 45 days out (for an arrival in early June) but it's changed a gazillion times since then and seems to be pretty random at this point IMO.

The good news is it doesn't seem to fill up as quickly as the dinner ADR's do, so checking once a day should be enough to ensure you don't miss out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom