Ok Im going to Disney World next year TOT help Needed

MrPodar

ToT scared the b'jeezus out of me my first time riding it. My friend and I had never been on a dropping ride before, and he was thrilled. I was so scared I actually screamed "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" during the drop sequence. After it was done, I had that usual rush of euphoria "I survived" and I now ride it regularly.

The 2nd time I rode it, I decided to time the drop sequence. That helped me focus on something other than the dropping. Also, it's a very "pretty" ride. The effects they use are spectacular, and if it weren't for the fact that I get butterflies everytime I get near the attraction, I'd ride it several times a trip. :)

The ride is much better now than it was 5 years ago when I had my first experience. The lap bars are gone, and now it's just a seatbelt holding you in (with "chicken handles" mounted near your legs). I hold on to the handles for dear life.

Here's a picture of me with my girlfriend and her 2 daughters. I'm the black guy in the front row on the left screaming his head off. :)

http://www.skippypodar.net/WebGallery/WDW-Miscellaneous/10-02-2004-tower-of-terror.jpg

I'll eventually put all my ToT pictures on my website, because it's actually pretty funny to see all my facial expressions. :)

http://www.skippypodar.net/WDW/

Have fun!

- Skip "I hate this ride! I hate this ride! Oooo... what a pretty view of Disney/MGM Studios! AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! Mommy, mommy! I hate this ride! I hate this ride!" - my thoughts during my first ride on ToT :)

barnum42

MrPodar said:
Here's a picture of me with my girlfriend and her 2 daughters. I'm the black guy in the front row on the left screaming his head off. :)

http://www.skippypodar.net/WebGallery/WDW-Miscellaneous/10-02-2004-tower-of-terror.jpg
In that photo you bear a similarity to the animated version of the advertising spokesman for the Halifax Bank in the UK :lol:

Here is page from their website with him in the title bar.
http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/currentaccount.shtml

the-reason14

The first time I rode ToT, was summer of 2004, and what I was scared of the most and what scared me the most was the effects in the ride. The drop part was a major let down. Only because of the several ride sequences they had and the one we got sucked. But the next time we went I tried it again and I absolutely LOVED it. Its almost Like my favoratest ride in WDW.

The best part about it, and what makes it better than the other drop experiences they have round the globe, is it being random, themed, and all-together a much better ride experience.

Dom_88

I have those fears two, So what I do i go on slow themed rides like El Dieo Tempo (Sp?) and Figment, Its a small world etc.

Sledge

Account Suspended
I absolutely hate some of the ones that launch you from the ground up and you fall down. The feeling I get in my stomach when I drop scares the crud out of me. I do ride those though with friends but not really by choice.

However, ToT is so much different. For one thing you are taken up at a normal speed of an elevator (rather than being launched up at 70 MPH) and there are some cool effects on the way to the drop point. I would never ride it when I went until about three times ago when I was paid to ride it. :D The reason it's not as bad as these other drop rides is for one thing you are sitting there with like 22 (?) other people in a closed area feeling more protected rather than some of the ones where you sit around the tower with three people on each side and your legs hang. Another thing that makes it a lot easier is that you can't really see anything to judge how fast you are falling or how high you are up until the part that the doors open but when you fall you can't see anything anyways.

I will ride any roller coaster on earth but there is no way I will ride a drop ride for free... other than ToT. It is seriously one of the greatest rides ever at Disney. Make yourself ride it. If you are totally uncomfortable just realize it will only be a few minutes and you will never have to ride it again if you don't like it. If you like the drop feeling you will have no problem since that is the only part that I hate.

Slipknot

One thing that can break the ice of your first riding of ToT is a smart@$$, like me, on your elevator. I was the only US/Floridian native on one of my ToT ridings last month, and the rest of the people on my elevator were from Scotland, and it was their first time in WDW and on ToT. :D Oh, what fun I had on that drop!!!! After it was all over, they thanked me for being the comic relief of the group. :cool:

Fordlover

One thing you can try is holding on to the handles, I didn't know they were there. I was very uncomfortable during the drop sequence of the ride because the belt allowed my body to move 3-5 inches or so up and down out of the seat. I was holding onto the belt so tight I actually hurt my pinky finger.
Wasn't my favorite ride, but I'm looking forward to a rematch next time I visit.

Dr.Seeker

My tip for these rides is to asume the 'Seeker' position as it has ben copyrighted. Basically hold your legs up, eyes closed, fingers in ears.
I have done this on:
DINOSAUR
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Alien Encounter
It's tough to be a bug
Tower of Terror.

It may result in a very embarasing ride photo but you don't feel the aliens breath, mice running past your feet, bees stinging you, freeway merging e.t.c.

BG Rugger

barnum42 said:
To stray from the subject for a moment I have been able to come to terms with the fear of falling by taking tightrope walking lessons (see my avatar). I fell off that sucker so many times I got used to the sensation!

You are one dedicated man.

RnRJoe6114

The first time I rode I was like 5 or 6 and one of my teeth was loose. I was holding on to the bar and clenching my teeth, anything to calm myself. When we got off I went to get a drink and something felt wierd, my tooth was gone. But advice for this ride is to not close your eyes and when your real scared just hold on to the handles and scream.

flowerlady

I agree with RNRJOE6114...."just hold onto the handles and scream".....that worked for me....you really dont have time to even think.....just scream and its over....aahhhh....but sooo fun. :p

EpcotGirl

I love the ride i was scared of it for Like ever, because of the suspense the big eye - i know it is stupid - scared me along with the library which freaked me out So much

Fantasmic!kid

coasterfan12 said:
Thanx for the tips guys well that makes me feel better. :sohappy: and i love roller coaster drops that stomach feeling rocks and i love it so theres that explanation :hammer: but anyway is there any other things you can tell me to get over my fears in asroun and on tot. :lookaroun i hate haunted houses does this compare at all

PS i love the haunted mansion though.:sohappy: :p
Gosh, that's exactly how I feel. Creepy.:dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom