Ok Im going to Disney World next year TOT help Needed

coasterfan12

Original Poster
Okay Im Going in 2005 and am scared to go on ToT what can i do to get over My Fears :( please help me so i wont be scared :dazzle: help me please!!!!

coasterfan12

Original Poster
One the fact i hate elevators two i have a huge fear of falling and three the fact of being in a falling thing 13 stories up is a little freaky :eek:

coasterfan12

Original Poster
One the fact i hate elevators two i have a huge fear of falling and three the fact of being in a falling thing 13 stories up is a little freaky :eek sorry it posted twice

isnet396

Well, you're not just standing in an elevator. The "elevator" is actually more of a small room where you're seated and strapped in with a safety belt. Also, each drop lasts less than 3 seconds, i believe.

Hope this helps!

Ian

barnum42

Originally posted by coasterfan12
One the fact i hate elevators two i have a huge fear of falling and three the fact of being in a falling thing 13 stories up is a little freaky :eek:
Well, if it’s a claustrophobia thing, as Isnet points out there are a lot bigger than your average Otis job. They seat about two dozen in comfort and all seats have safety belts.

I’m not too keen on falling, but drops in ride vehicles have never bothered me. To stray from the subject for a moment I have been able to come to terms with the fear of falling by taking tightrope walking lessons (see my avatar). I fell off that sucker so many times I got used to the sensation!

How do you handle the drops in a rollercoaster? If you can do that you can do TOT. You may find that it will help to scream you lungs off during the drops. But at the end of it you will be laughing – maybe partly out of relief. Then you will look at the queue times to see if you can ride it again.

coasterfan12

Original Poster
Thanx for the tips guys well that makes me feel better. :sohappy: and i love roller coaster drops that stomach feeling rocks and i love it so theres that explanation :hammer: but anyway is there any other things you can tell me to get over my fears in asroun and on tot. :lookaroun i hate haunted houses does this compare at all

PS i love the haunted mansion though.:sohappy: :p

coasterfan12

Original Poster
Originally posted by isnet396
Well, you're not just standing in an elevator. The "elevator" is actually more of a small room where you're seated and strapped in with a safety belt. Also, each drop lasts less than 3 seconds, i believe.

Hope this helps!

Ian

I know the ride by hart and most of how it works allready but thanx anyway

barnum42

Thanx for the tips guys well that makes me feel better. :sohappy: and i love roller coaster drops that stomach feeling rocks and i love it so theres that explanation :hammer: but anyway is there any other things you can tell me to get over my fears in asroun and on tot. :lookaroun i hate haunted houses does this compare at all

PS i love the haunted mansion though.:sohappy: :p
Depends on what you hated about the haunted houses you have been on. Outside of Haunted Mansion, the only haunted houses I have been in were short and tacky.
I don't think you have anything to worry about from looking at your posts. If you like the drop feeling on a rollercoaster you are going to LOVE Tower of Terror. Think of it as a vertical roller coaster :animwink:

coasterfan12

Original Poster
thanx barnum42 well ive never been on a vertical drop coaster but i want to
:lol: but the thing i hate about haunted houses is

1. the atmosphere
2. Things popping out at me :eek:
3. Feeling trapped

But besiides from that i like most other rides i love coasters (leave Revenge of the mummy out) and most flat rides so tot should hopefully not be a problem :confused:

barnum42

1.The TOT atmosphere is a little eerie, but that is the nature of The Twilight Zone.
2.Nothing pops out at you.
3.As you are not in a small isolated haunted house car, but a room with about two-dozen others you should not feel trapped.

What seems to affect most people who are scared of the ride is the drop, rather than the atmosphere. As you like coasters this won’t be an issue.

Tom

Beta Return
thanx barnum42 well ive never been on a vertical drop coaster but i want to
:lol: but the thing i hate about haunted houses is

1. the atmosphere
2. Things popping out at me :eek:
3. Feeling trapped

But besiides from that i like most other rides i love coasters (leave Revenge of the mummy out) and most flat rides so tot should hopefully not be a problem :confused:

Being scared is the best part of TOT - that means that the Disney Imagineers have DONE THEIR JOB :slurp:

I get a twisted stomach EVERY time we go to MGM and head toward the Tower. The building, lobby, library and boiler rooms are the creepiest things ever - PERFECT atmosphere. You get in a SAFE ride vehicle, and see some amazing special affects. Nothing is startling like in haunted houses - in fact, it's 100% less startling than the Haunted Mansion. You just sit there and ride. Then you get to the end, and since you like coaster drops, you'll love that part.

I'm claustrophobic - VERY! I feel safe, rather than trapped in the elevator. You just sit in a little set of bleachers, with a set-belt on, and ride through. It's wonderful - just GO! :lol:

coasterfan12

Original Poster
Thanx I that really helped

Well k ill ride, post l8r on how it was

post with more tips for riding

coasterfan12:lol: :animwink: :sohappy: :p :kiss: :wave: :slurp:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Well, if you put it like that - Miss It :lol:
Seriously - its not as bad as your imagination lets you think

JMishy

I absolutely hate scary things. I refuse to watch scary movies and even got scared of a stupid movie that Mystery Science Theater 3000 was making fun of.

However, I LOVED ToT!! The whole "Wow, that is so COOL!" factor kicked in and I loved everything about it! I was so excited after I rode ToT, I went right back in line again. I'd have to say, ToT is one of my favorite rides now. :D

HTH! :wave:

fatcat

I am a big roller coaster fan first off. But if I had to choose between RockNRoller Coaster and Tower of Terror, I think Tower of Terror wins hands down! You'll never forgive yourself if you don't ride TOT. If it makes you feel any better, my little boy was 3 years old when he first rode. (He was about a 1/2 inch too short but they let him on anyway!! Thanks TOT crew!!!) He loved it!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The first time we rode ToT we both had open mouths from start to finish - as in jaw dropping - the effects and details are really that good. Think of the best Haunted Mansion ideas, then think about building the HM from scratch with 1994`s technology. It really is a first class attraction... WDI at its best. As for the drop shaft - just SCREAM!! But keep your eyes open - you never know what you may see!

phlydude

No matter what your fears, no matter what you think might or might not happen, you will never ever know what you are missing until you ride the ride!

I was never much of a thrill ride person (anything on the ground was fine with me) until I went to Disney for the first time since I was 4 (19 years later!). I thought of chickening out a couple of times but bucked it up and was glad I did. RnRC and ToT are 2 of my favorite rides. Along with Splash and Space, they are my superfecta of Disney rides (I haven't experienced Mission yet!).

No matter what, get up the intestinal fortitude and go on those rides. You might not like them after you rode them but at least you rode them!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom