OK, I'll Admit it...Disney Prices Are Out Of Control

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Snide remarks about southerners intellectual conversation. Rallies, chants.... Please enlighten me about what you were really referring to then.

As soon as you stated real communism hasn't been tried you post all credibility on political knowledge. A couple hundred million murdered in the name of that ideology beg to differ
I was talking about monster truck rallies...you went all over the map with politics and bigotry and stuff. But to be fair...I haven’t been watching the news for a long time so I’m WAY out da loop 🤔

That was soviet Marxism...true communism was proposed as a collective economy....not an oligarchy that concentrated political power through economics. Couple of German guys wrote about it once...

And you know what “systems” areresponsible for more political deaths than any? If we need to talk about this (we don’t)?
They have nothing to do with money.

But you’re bringing me down with western civ 101 curriculum. Back to “magic”

flynnibus

Premium Member
Georgia has lovingly restored old fashioned paddlewheel steamboats. That you can fine dine on!

WDW should consider building one of those!

3978549.jpg
😍😍

My favorite comment from our visit to savannah last month. We were going through a historic area and my wife was like “...this reminds me so much of Disney...”. And I was like “that’s because this is what Disney is trying to copy....”

Disney.Mike

I was talking about monster truck rallies...you went all over the map with politics and bigotry and stuff. But to be fair...I haven’t been watching the news for a long time so I’m WAY out da loop 🤔

That was soviet Marxism...true communism was proposed as a collective economy....not an oligarchy that concentrated political power through economics. Couple of German guys wrote about it once...

And you know what “systems” areresponsible for more political deaths than any? If we need to talk about this (we don’t)?
They have nothing to do with money.

But you’re bringing me down with western civ 101 curriculum. Back to “magic”

Fair enough... But if your from South and you chant for anyone but grave digger we send you to Chicago or NYC

The Empress Lilly

My favorite comment from our visit to savannah last month. We were going through a historic area and my wife was like “...this reminds me so much of Disney...”. And I was like “that’s because this is what Disney is trying to copy....”
My regrettably only two hours ever in Georgia were spend in Savannah. It looked great, even though I barely got to see any of it. Very old, historic. Very dixie. Always been meaning to return one day to see it properly.

Disney.Mike

Does Bigfoot still compete? I know in the early 90s when FELD mostorsports took over "monster jam" and it became the big monster truck company they forced all the drivers to sell their trucks to them.

So now all the drivers are employees and the trucks are all owner by FELD. I think Bigfoot refused to sell though and that's why he's not in that arena.

... I know way more about monster trucks that. I should...

Disstevefan1

I have posted on this thread and since I have given it more thought.

I think the WDW resorts are evolving into a more exclusive vacation destination. Prices for everything will continue to increase, families will continue to be priced out. This is simply a fact.

At the moment, there are still workarounds; there are excellent off site resorts to stay in and we can save money there, but there is no way to escape the high costs of attending the parks; parking, entry, food, prices etc.

A thing to consider that as Disney raises prices at resorts in WDW this allows the off site resorts to creep up their prices, so theoretically some families could also eventually be priced our from staying there too.

For Disney. charging guests more and serving less guests, this makes perfect business sense. Disney makes more money, Disney's expenses go down and the guests do have a better experience.

For the very poor but deserving families, I am sure Disney will have a program to give a number of free vacations to them, this makes for good public relations and something they can post on their blog.

For the rest of us; not rich, not poor, are simply out of luck.... But then again is this not like everything else in the world?

nelsonj3

Just now reading the initial post on this thread. I agree with everything you mentioned, but I especially want to add my .02 to the reduced hours issue. This is the worst it has ever been this year (since I can remember... with the except of maybe the post 9/11 year). Why is Magic Kingdom Closing at 10pm? I understand if they are having a special event or something, but to close at 10pm in the middle of July is just ridiculous. A few years ago, MK was open until 11pm during the summer on weeknights and midnight on weekends. For contrast, Disneyland is open until midnight basically the entire Summer. What's the difference? Is Orlando really that much tighter than Anaheim management-wise, or is there another reason?

J Pye

We’ve been here for the past 10 days and can agree with so many of the OP’s points. Wait times on rides are being inflated because Disney are running them at reduced capacity (Big Thunder was only running one side in the afternoon one day and Space Mountain only loading one rocket at a time in the afternoon come to mind). Quick service restaurants are generally quiet, however and walkways are pretty empty. Excessive fastpass lines and distribution are also a massive problem - we waited 35 minutes in line for Space Mountain with Fastpass suggesting Disney is distributing too many fastpasses for the attraction. Likewise, Buzz Lightyear’s FP line is continually backed out of the building.

We have been lucky enough to have Free Dining and noticed the food quality has decreased massively in the resorts since Christmas. We stayed at French Quarter in Dec 2018 and they were preparing fresh pasta, fresh burgers etc; now the burgers are pre-wrapped under a heat-lamp and the pasta are no longer freshly made. The lasagna is actually the worst thing I’ve ever been served in a quick service food court. We’ve also eaten in BoG at Lunch twice - both times the food was average at best and nowhere near the advertised price.

Pirates (PotC) has been down for at least an hour every single time we have been in MK (5 times so far this vacation) - it was down for 4/5 hours one day. On one day, PotC, HM, Peter Pan and Splash Mountain were all down at the same time so not weather related.

Epcot has been a ghost-town every time we’ve been in. Walked on Soarin’ in 20 mins one afternoon without FP and managed to get consecutive day-of FP for both Soarin’ and Test Track no problem. One afternoon, when we were there Spaceship Earth standby had 5 people in it - Disney has a problem on their hands there.

NickMaio

I won't argue the rest of your post, but this point misses the mark. The reason for overnight parking fees is not to generate parking fee revenue. The purpose is to push guests away from renting a car, which would result in incremental F&B and merch revenue.
I am sure that the 15...20...and 25 bux a night will generate some significantly huge revenue. WDW is doing nothing for this charge......nothing.
Total cash grab

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
We’ve been here for the past 10 days and can agree with so many of the OP’s points. Wait times on rides are being inflated because Disney are running them at reduced capacity (Big Thunder was only running one side in the afternoon one day and Space Mountain only loading one rocket at a time in the afternoon come to mind). Quick service restaurants are generally quiet, however and walkways are pretty empty. Excessive fastpass lines and distribution are also a massive problem - we waited 35 minutes in line for Space Mountain with Fastpass suggesting Disney is distributing too many fastpasses for the attraction. Likewise, Buzz Lightyear’s FP line is continually backed out of the building.

We have been lucky enough to have Free Dining and noticed the food quality has decreased massively in the resorts since Christmas. We stayed at French Quarter in Dec 2018 and they were preparing fresh pasta, fresh burgers etc; now the burgers are pre-wrapped under a heat-lamp and the pasta are no longer freshly made. The lasagna is actually the worst thing I’ve ever been served in a quick service food court. We’ve also eaten in BoG at Lunch twice - both times the food was average at best and nowhere near the advertised price.

Pirates (PotC) has been down for at least an hour every single time we have been in MK (5 times so far this vacation) - it was down for 4/5 hours one day. On one day, PotC, HM, Peter Pan and Splash Mountain were all down at the same time so not weather related.

Epcot has been a ghost-town every time we’ve been in. Walked on Soarin’ in 20 mins one afternoon without FP and managed to get consecutive day-of FP for both Soarin’ and Test Track no problem. One afternoon, when we were there Spaceship Earth standby had 5 people in it - Disney has a problem on their hands there.
I feel like unless it was maintenance, there is no excuse for Thunder Mountain to run 1 side during the afternoon.

Pirates does seem down a lot...

Disappointed to hear about the food at French Quarter. I enjoyed the fried chicken there.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I am sure that the 15...20...and 25 bux a night will generate some significantly huge revenue. WDW is doing nothing for this charge......nothing.
Total cash grab
They own the parking lots. Its all part of the operation. Not everything has a direct service associated with the cost. That’s not how this works.

I agree it’s designed for behavior rather than the revenue produced directly from parking fees.

erasure fan1

I won't argue the rest of your post, but this point misses the mark. The reason for overnight parking fees is not to generate parking fee revenue. The purpose is to push guests away from renting a car, which would result in incremental F&B and merch revenue.
But it is to generate revenue, revenue they lose from people going off site. I'm sure the hope is they discourage some from renting a car but they know this will do very little to stop people from bringing cars. Disney is Mr. Krabs, they love money, and any chance they get to make more, they will. This is a revenue stream, it's too much money not to be.

The_Jobu

The resort parking lots have been there as long as the resorts-- it not like they have to build new ones, some bean counter saw it as a way to increase revenue without investment on Disney's part. IMO it is not to limit on site cars at resorts pure cash grab

It could also be both. One doesn't exclude the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom