OK, I HATE Soarin'

Spectroman2003

Original Poster
Ok, let me just say I love Soarin: the concept, the attraction. I almost cried the first time I went on it. It was amazing the first 2 or 3 times I went on. Now, I can't stand it...for this reason:

There's a serious problem when I wait 40 minutes in the Fastpass Line and the stand by is 90 mins. That tells me there are TOO MANY FLIPPIN fastpasses being given out. Disney is doing the public a huge diservice with this nonsense. It's not worth waiting in line an hour and half for this attraction. Sorry if this offends anyone, but it's ridiculous.

FASTPASS HAS RUINED THE PARKS!!!

Simba1

I don't think it's necessary to say you hate the attraction... when you really hate the Fastpass for the attraction.

JeffC

Ok, let me just say I love Soarin: the concept, the attraction. I almost cried the first time I went on it. It was amazing the first 2 or 3 times I went on. Now, I can't stand it...for this reason:

There's a serious problem when I wait 40 minutes in the Fastpass Line and the stand by is 90 mins. That tells me there are TOO MANY FLIPPIN fastpasses being given out. Disney is doing the public a huge diservice with this nonsense. It's not worth waiting in line an hour and half for this attraction. Sorry if this offends anyone, but it's ridiculous.

You had me going there for a minute. But I know what you mean. We were there last week and the three times we went to Epcot, we were unable to do soarin' (That's right, I was not able to and have not done Soarin', yet - and yes, I'm upset!)
It seemed like every time we were there, stand by was 90 minutes and fast pass' were being taken late in the evening.

ImaYoyo

Actually, fastpass for soarin has changed. Recently, the fastpass line at Soarin is usually 5 minutes or less. You bypass the whole video...

Matpez

Actually, fastpass for soarin has changed. Recently, the fastpass line at Soarin is usually 5 minutes or less. You bypass the whole video...
That was only temporary for a rehab of the preshow area... it is normal operation again

PBarton

I enjoy Fastpass.
Me too.
Thinking back to our first trip in '96... Pre Fastpass - Waits of 90 minutes for Splash Mountain, an hour for Space Mountain, and similar for Big Thunder.

Fastpass allows you to see so much more per day - as long as you know how and when to use it.

Never get rid of Fastpass, please!

CrashNet

Fastpass is not perfect unfortunately. My guess is they only had one side open (based on the standby wait time) and went 101 at some point, causing return times for FPs to back up. What is supposed to happen in that situation is they up the percentage of FPs they take per cycle until they have caught up. Sounds like they weren't doing that.

CTXRover

I enjoy fastpass a lot. I've heard and understand the argument against it, but while it certainly has its negative aspects, I know I would be very upset if one day they announced that the Fastpass program was over. In some cases though, FP slows the entire line down to a point that it is detrimental to the flow of the attraction to have it. For instance, HM having FP was a very bad idea and thankfully they did away with it at that attraction. FP on rides like TOT or RnRC or Splash Mountain, etc. are a great thing to have imo. I'm not familiar enough with Soarin's loading/unloading logistics, but from what I can see, FP may not work well for this particular ride system either. IMO, while really neat, this ride is not worth more than a 30-45 minute wait (or 1 hr+ if you haven't ever been on it), and with FPs gone for this particular ride early in the morning, I rarely ride it anymore as the line backs up to over an hour easily on many days. I'm not sure though if it is necessarily too many people in the FP line or the fact that the ride has a limited hourly capacity that at a park as popular as Epcot really deserved at least one more theater.

ToTBellHop

I have to disagree with your logic. You waited 40-minutes for Soarin' and hate anything because of that. Do you honestly think that in the days before Fastpass, the wait-time for Soarin' would be 40 minutes? I highly doubt it. The FP line may not have been walk-on, as you hoped, but it still saved you time.

Champion

You had me going there for a minute. But I know what you mean. We were there last week and the three times we went to Epcot, we were unable to do soarin' (That's right, I was not able to and have not done Soarin', yet - and yes, I'm upset!)
It seemed like every time we were there, stand by was 90 minutes and fast pass' were being taken late in the evening.

Why did this make you UNABLE to ride it?

90 minutes isn't that long to wait for your first Soarin ride.

JeffC

Why did this make you UNABLE to ride it?

90 minutes isn't that long to wait for your first Soarin ride.

Hind-sight being 20/20 - yes, you are correct, but every time we were there, we figured: "oh well, be back tomorrow, and maybe the line won't be so long".
Well, we ran out of tomorrows...

monorailguy01

WOAH someone hates Sorin because of the 40 min fastpass lines and the 90min stand by lines. I just do not get it, What do you do when other rides like Test track, MS, BTMR, SM, Space Mountain, ect. have long wait lines are you going to hate them too?

Do not single out Sorin just because it is one of the best if not the best ride in Disney.
If you hate more lets here about why you hate others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom